star wars squadron

for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

star wars squadron

Post by for3donly »

Hi all, just curious any shader here is interested in fixing the coming star wars squadron on 10/2 ? asking for a friend :D
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: star wars squadron

Post by Lysander »

for3donly wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:39 pm Hi all, just curious any shader here is interested in fixing the coming star wars squadron on 10/2 ? asking for a friend :D
IS there point in that?? That's a VR game.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by for3donly »

fair point. i have couple of vr headsets, oculus and wmr 99% untouched. so yeah there are pp who are interested in 3dvision still.
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

I am not interested in the game myself, but it does use the Frostbite engine. DHR's universal fix may work...but I noticed the universal fix did not work fully on the most recent Madden (tested it during free weekend) after working well on all of the previous ones - so the Frostbite engine may have been improved upon and the fix may not have the same kind of success going forward unfortunately. It still does most of the work, just shadows/reflections/UI elements may need to be updated/fixed.

as far as games available in VR not needing a 3D fix, I prefer 3D vision over VR all day every day (its not even close) - but I know that is a personal preference and many might disagree..
for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by for3donly »

Shift-E wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:11 am I am not interested in the game myself, but it does use the Frostbite engine. DHR's universal fix may work...but I noticed the universal fix did not work fully on the most recent Madden (tested it during free weekend) after working well on all of the previous ones - so the Frostbite engine may have been improved upon and the fix may not have the same kind of success going forward unfortunately. It still does most of the work, just shadows/reflections/UI elements may need to be updated/fixed.

as far as games available in VR not needing a 3D fix, I prefer 3D vision over VR all day every day (its not even close) - but I know that is a personal preference and many might disagree..
@shift-E, thanks for the heas up, i will wait until it gets fixed before picking it up.

w/r to vr: there are pp who do NOT have vr hardware, they obviously need this fix.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

for3donly wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:31 am @shift-E, thanks for the heas up, i will wait until it gets fixed before picking it up.

w/r to vr: there are pp who do NOT have vr hardware, they obviously need this fix.
I was coming more from a perspective of functionality, as in this is a space sim/action game and the VR gives you the ability to look around. I guess with a "static head" you just kinda play it like regular 2D sims, you look straight ahead and fly the ship with keyboard? I wonder if there are mechanics dependant on head movement. I also wonder if there are specific hand-controller mechanics like in Alyx - in one scene you can see the hands gripping the control joysticks but not doing much more.

Hey, if someone wants to fix it, I'm all for it, I'm just curious how such a game would translate to a non-VR environment :mrgreen:
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Porting a VR game to a 3D flat screen... yeah.. good luck with that ;)
There is nothing to fix here for Stereo Rendering.. the game already does that.. what you are asking is the opposite of that.. make a VR game work on a flat 3D Screen... 95% will never happen :)
(And don't start with the HL:Alyx HORRIBLE ports to flat screen.. all of them are MEDIOCRE at best!)

Just look at this : (No offense to the creator of the mod)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO7iFsKial0
If you tell me this is a good experience... I'll just go under a rock and never touch a PC again! :roll:

I am not even sure why this thread even exists... :) Tell your friend to buy a VR device or move to the next game please! :mrgreen:
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

I think there might be some confusion on this one... VR is optional - the game is fully playable without it (there is also an Xbox One version.)

EA doesn't release ANYTHING without their bets fully hedged. :D

That being said... I can't imagine not playing the game in VR if you have a headset.
for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by for3donly »

yup, it's a legit 2D game, VR is optional.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

it's not a VR game, it's just compatible with VR. Personally I am not ready to jump on the VR train until the technology improves. (I also suffer fom massive motion sickness.)
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Necropants wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:41 am it's not a VR game, it's just compatible with VR. Personally I am not ready to jump on the VR train until the technology improves. (I also suffer fom massive motion sickness.)
good to know. I suspected the VR portion might just be cosmetic, i.e. you get to look around from your cockpit, without having effect on game mechanics. In that case, it will be good to read comparisons of 3DV vs VR experiences with this game
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

I am really amazed how a lot of people here like 3D Vision buy dislike VR. I think VR is 100 times better than 3D Vision ever was - including Surround, but apparently we are only a few that believe this :)
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

I love both. At this point in time, I prefer to play in 3DV because I can play longer and for the better resolution (can only have that Rift strapped to my head for so long!) :D

But, there is no denying the immersion of VR games and a game like Squadrons really needs to be played in VR.

On the other hand, I don't even think about strapping the headset on for a game like Planet Alpha.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

helifax wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:46 am I am really amazed how a lot of people here like 3D Vision buy dislike VR. I think VR is 100 times better than 3D Vision ever was - including Surround, but apparently we are only a few that believe this :)
There are two things for me. I can abide by glasses but the thought of wearing a "helmet" constantly really doesn't appeal. I might change my mind in future when the tech matures a bit more.
But most importantly it's the motion (VR) sickness. I hear people that aren't otherwise afflicted report it being a massive problem in VR. And I am very scared to fork out hundreds of dollars for tech that will likely make me vomit in 3 minutes of use.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Necropants wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:56 pm But most importantly it's the motion (VR) sickness. I hear people that aren't otherwise afflicted report it being a massive problem in VR. And I am very scared to fork out hundreds of dollars for tech that will likely make me vomit in 3 minutes of use.
Exactly what I first thought when I first tried my vive pro, I just forked out thousand dollars, being not well for a few days 😆
But in fact you''ll get used to it very fast and no more nauseum 😎
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Necropants wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:56 pm
helifax wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:46 am I am really amazed how a lot of people here like 3D Vision buy dislike VR. I think VR is 100 times better than 3D Vision ever was - including Surround, but apparently we are only a few that believe this :)
There are two things for me. I can abide by glasses but the thought of wearing a "helmet" constantly really doesn't appeal. I might change my mind in future when the tech matures a bit more.
But most importantly it's the motion (VR) sickness. I hear people that aren't otherwise afflicted report it being a massive problem in VR. And I am very scared to fork out hundreds of dollars for tech that will likely make me vomit in 3 minutes of use.
Strange... I don't remember having motion sickness in VR. Maybe the first few times I used it?! When I play something in VR no, I can play for 4 hours straight without a break ;) (I need a break after for obvious reasons :D )

Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Necropants wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:56 pm
Is there a local store where you can demo it? (Well, I guess not during the pandemic...). Everyone is differently affected by VR. When I tried a demo and a physical Wreck it Ralph adventure, I was totally ok and everyone in my group, too. If you maintain the fps to match the refresh rate most likely you'll be ok, but the concern is understood. See if a friend has it.
BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by BazzaLB »

This game in VR (Vive Pro) is absolutely awesome!! The picture in Vive Pro looks pretty damned good to me. Imagine.. you're sitting in an X-Wing, A-Wing, Tie fighter... looking all around you.. c'mon, thats frigging awesome! I am lucky as I never suffer VR sickness. Never have. Not even from the start and I have had VR since day 1 of this latest craze. I can even hold my own on line which aint bad for a 56 year old. Even topped the kills board a couple of times. Plugged in my trusty MSFFB2 which I have had for probably 20+ years. Sure, the game has some quirks that need fixing, but this has been an absolute blast in VR so far and I couldn't imagine playing it any other way despite having been part of the 3DVision community for a very long time.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Does anyone know of a good CM profile to use for this game?
Scratch that, does anyone even know if the game can be forced to start in an exclusive full screen? Sigh

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”