3D Fix Manager prevents installing of stereoscopic 3D driver on Alienware 3D Vision Laptop

lohan
Cross Eyed!

3D Fix Manager prevents installing of stereoscopic 3D driver on Alienware 3D Vision Laptop

Post by lohan »

The last official 3D Vision driver (325.31) was also the last official driver for the GTX 880M. I managed to get a modded 452.06 driver installed on my Alienware 17 R5 3D Vision Laptop (GTX 880M) (Thanks again, helifax).
Unfortunately 3D Fix Manager now tells me that stereoscopic 3D is not supported for laptop monitors and thus doesn't install the stereoscopic 3D component. Since my laptop monitor is officially 3D Vision certified (3D Vision emitter included) it should definitely work. I also tried to install the component manually from the 325.31 drivers but that try produced a driver mismatch error.

Any idea what needs to be done?
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: 3D Fix Manager prevents installing of stereoscopic 3D driver on Alienware 3D Vision Laptop

Post by bo3bber »

That will be a new bug we introduced in 3DFM/HelixVision. NVidia made the totally bizarre decision to lock out even Discover mode any *any* laptop, and so we were getting people who couldn't enable 3D and not understanding why. We added a laptop check to give error messages and explain what is happening.

PaulDusler will need to take a look at this one to see how to enable actual certified laptops.

In the meantime, you can revert to an older version of 3DFM that doesn't have the new Driver tab.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Re: 3D Fix Manager prevents installing of stereoscopic 3D driver on Alienware 3D Vision Laptop

Post by lohan »

Thanks for the info, Bob! I just installed 3DFM 1.77 and it's working!
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

I can't remember what version I was using, I think 1.7.8 at the time, and for me the 3D Vision driver installed fine on my Alienware 17 3D Vision Laptop. Or maybe I did it before and then updated 3DFM ? :D
In any case, glad that you managed to get it working in the end ;)
Now you can play all my Vulkan fixes on the Laptop (at 30-ish FPS :lol: That's kinda what I get on the old 880M)

Cheers,
Helifax
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Indeed, I just tapped into a whole new world of stutters and slow-downs! ;-)

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”