3D Vision V1 vs V2 difference ?

ZePRiNCE
One Eyed Hopeful

3D Vision V1 vs V2 difference ?

Post by ZePRiNCE »

Hello,

I have planned to buy an emitter and two 3D Vision glasses but I have some questions.
I find a lot of V1 not almost none V2.

I know V2 has larger glasses, and they reduce less light, but is there other difference, like ghosting for example ?

Also, are the emitter the same ?
An emitter "V1" will work with glasses V2, and vice versa ?

Thanks.
CM: Asus ROG Strix Z370-H Gaming
CPU: Intel Core i7 8086k Delid @ 5.2GHz / 1.405v
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3333 MHz CL16 (2x16Go)
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition
3DTV: LG 65C6V
Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: 3D Vision V1 vs V2 difference ?

Post by Robert256 »

ZePRiNCE wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:07 am Hello,

I have planned to buy an emitter and two 3D Vision glasses but I have some questions.

I know V2 has larger glasses, and they reduce less light, but is there other difference, like ghosting for example ?

Thanks.
They are fully compatible. I have both types. The pyramid is the same for both of them. Type 2 has somewhat bigger glasses. But I use them intermittant and types 1 and 2 give equal results for me.
The only thing you have to watch when buying them second hand, is that they can be charged. After a year of not using, the battery will die. So be aware of listings "never used" or "new in box".
Have them charge the glasses and if the light doesn't go on after unplugging the glasses and pressing the button, the battery is probably dead.
(you can replace the battery though, but it will take some soldering, see my tutorial for V2 glasses here: https://imaging3d.com/3DVisionV2BatteryReplacement.pdf )
ZePRiNCE
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZePRiNCE »

Ok I see.
So no difference in term of lightning with a monitor / TV that is NOT Lightboost :)

Thanks for your advice regarding the battery, I didn't think about that.

:)
CM: Asus ROG Strix Z370-H Gaming
CPU: Intel Core i7 8086k Delid @ 5.2GHz / 1.405v
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3333 MHz CL16 (2x16Go)
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition
3DTV: LG 65C6V
guitarlickz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by guitarlickz »

I bought 2 new Nvidia glasses with emitters (ver 2) few month ago and had no problem with both of them.
They were totally new in sealed boxes
Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Robert256 »

Then you’re lucky. Of course with v1 you have more risk of dead batteries. Of my 7 glasses, 2 had dead batteries. Working fine with new batteries though.
a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

Robert256 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:22 am

Thanks.
They are fully compatible. I have both types. The pyramid is the same for both of them. Type 2 has somewhat bigger glasses. But I use them intermittant and types 1 and 2 give equal results for me.
The only thing you have to watch when buying them second hand, is that they can be charged. After a year of not using, the battery will die. So be aware of listings "never used" or "new in box".
Have them charge the glasses and if the light doesn't go on after unplugging the glasses and pressing the button, the battery is probably dead.
(you can replace the battery though, but it will take some soldering, see my tutorial for V2 glasses here: https://imaging3d.com/3DVisionV2BatteryReplacement.pdf )

I also have V1 and V2 glasses and both IR emitters and work perfectly together.
I completely agree with Robert256 that "new in box/"never used" is tricky as I bought a few V1 glasses last year that unfortunately didn't charge at all.

Luckily I also found a few NIB NVIDIA PRO kits (which are NOT interchangeable by the way, because they work on radio frequency instead of IR, which is bit more reliable). I bought 3 sets as I was a bit anxious to keep 3D Vision going but now I actually I have way too many LOL. I am using one of them for personal use and now offering my last (unused) but fully tested and rechargeable kit on eBay. Very rare and hard to come by.
Muojo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Muojo »

a31632 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:13 pm

Thanks.

I completely agree with Robert256 that "new in box/"never used" is tricky as I bought a few V1 glasses last year that unfortunately didn't charge at all.

Luckily I also found a few NIB NVIDIA PRO kits (which are NOT interchangeable by the way, because they work on radio frequency instead of IR, which is bit more reliable). I bought 3 sets as I was a bit anxious to keep 3D Vision going but now I actually I have way too many LOL. I am using one of them for personal use and now offering my last (unused) but fully tested and rechargeable kit on eBay. Very rare and hard to come by.
Link to your ebay req?
a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

Muojo wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:27 pm
a31632 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:13 pm

Link to your ebay req?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153926929776 (my price is less than half of the only other listing for a new 3D Vision Pro kit)

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”