MTBS' 3D Game Analyzer Beta 1 Released!

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by PressBot »

Thanks to advances with PC stereoscopic 3D (S-3D) drivers by DDD, iZ3D, and NVIDIA, it is now possible to play many video games with maximum graphics settings turned on. Unfortunately, while driver developers have promoted compatibility with hundreds of games at a time, there is little consistency in quality expectations and results between titles.

After much time and effort invested by Vadim Krivosheev, Yuriy Nikshych, Cris Villalobos, and Neil Schneider, MTBS is proud to take the first steps in solving this problem.

MTBS' New 3D Game Analyzer (M3GA) is a fully functional system that asks a series of multiple choice questions.  Based on the answers given, a database is created complete with recommended game settings, quality expectations, and current MTBS Certification Ratings. These ratings adjust and compensate according to what members submit, driver updates, diversified results, and more.

Read full article...
metalqueen

Re: MTBS' 3D Game Analyzer Beta 1 Released!

Post by metalqueen »

Congratulations to everyone for all your hard work! :D

- Pam
andysonofbob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by andysonofbob »

Nicely done!

but

1) Could you make it possible to overide a rating if you think it is clearly wrong or you have messed up? Or allow the user to agree the rating before submitting the results?

A game I submitted only got a bronze when its amazing in 3D. It has amazing depth and stunning popout at the same time! The only fault is menu screen options split when you adjust S3D settings However, for what you use it for, and how little you use it, it's still very usuable. I only wanted to mention it for completeness so I ticked the HUD box as it was my best fit. The game, Audiosurf, only got a Bronze.

Honestly Audiosurf is defo a Goldy.

2) Please provide a download of a presentation of the anomaly catagories instead of making the user download each individual image and opening one at a time...

Thanks

Andy

edit - is it possible to get the site to remember your basic details? If you have a number of games it could get tedious repeating system etc...
Neil

Post by Neil »

1) Could you make it possible to overide a rating if you think it is clearly wrong or you have messed up? Or allow the user to agree the rating before submitting the results?

A game I submitted only got a bronze when its amazing in 3D. It has amazing depth and stunning popout at the same time! The only fault is menu screen options split when you adjust S3D settings However, for what you use it for, and how little you use it, it's still very usuable. I only wanted to mention it for completeness so I ticked the HUD box as it was my best fit. The game, Audiosurf, only got a Bronze.
After you make your first submission, all your settings are recorded so the next time you do, you don't have to re-enter everything. If you resubmit the game with the same drivers and equipment, you will overwrite your earlier entry. I was tempted to have some kind of approval process. If there is enough participation and we are reasonably confident it would work, we can look at this. For now, it's easy to see everyone's results as they submit.

When you say menu options, do you mean stuff like "save game, new game, etc."? Or do you mean "Ammo, Energy, etc."? We can be more specific in the question so incidentals like a poorly separated menu is excused versus the in-game user interface.

Please provide a download of a presentation of the anomaly catagories instead of making the user download each individual image and opening one at a time...
Ok. Let me see what we can do! :P

Please keep submitting, and thanks for your valued feedback.

Regards,
Neil
andysonofbob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by andysonofbob »

Morning,

Dragon Age : Origins and Prototype were both given a Silver award because of 2D player/item name. However because the zone these 2D icons are active is close to the player you can comfortably set depth to 25% before the icons/mouse curser doubles. Also because you can high convergence in these games you get more overall depth with plenty of popout. And as we all know these games excel at popout. So the penalty for the 2D icons for these games are too harsh because with basic tweaking both games look great.

Similarly, The Witcher has these 2D elements but they are hardly distracting even at 100% depth

However, games like World in Confict have huge draw distances and the unit icons are always active regardless of distance so you still get doubling of icons / mouse curser even with the minimum depth settings. I cant play WIC :(

What I am asking is will if be possible to add a severity setting? E.g. -30 points if you cant compensate and game is dependent on icons; -10 points if cant compensate but does not distract; -5 points if can effectively compensate with tweaking game retains strong S3D quality.

--------

Black and White 2 looks great in S3D but after about 5 minutes the glasses flicker and then turn off even though the game is still in S3D mode. I have read this is an issue with another game as well. I appreciate that maybe a driver issue but it still needs to be mentioned because B&W2 got a Platinum which it would no doubt deserve if it werent for the aforementioned issue...

--------

Medieval 2:Total war and Mass Effect 2 not on the game list

Thanks
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Andysonofbob!

First, thanks for all the submissions! You clearly put a lot of work into this, and with a few more helpful members like yourself, M3GA will become a very useful tool for a lot of people.

Don't get too caught up in the Bronze to Platinum rating. These are hard and fast rules reflective of certain criteria. The score number next to it is more reflective of the finer details. When calibrated, will rate things down to the decimal point. The less subjective we are with the games, the better - so I'd like to avoid scales if we can.

We are looking at adding a comments box too, so that would be a good place to bring up misc. opinions. Blackshark had a great idea of a thumbs-up, thumbs-down addition too.

We will expand the games list, but you can manually enter game titles as it is.

I'm not sure about B&W2. If the game was played on a Zalman with the NVIDIA drivers, would it have worked? Let me think about this.

Regards,
Neil
andysonofbob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by andysonofbob »

Neil wrote:Hi Andysonofbob!
We are looking at adding a comments box too, so that would be a good place to bring up misc. opinions. Blackshark had a great idea of a thumbs-up, thumbs-down addition too.
Agreed.
Though perhaps thumbs up or thumbs down might not be enough, perhaps a percentage or mark out of 10 system for a users subjective 3D experience.
Neil wrote:I'm not sure about B&W2. If the game was played on a Zalman with the NVIDIA drivers, would it have worked? Let me think about this.
Not sure, it might only be my system
Neil

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Thanks to advances with PC stereoscopic 3D (S-3D) drivers by DDD, iZ3D, and NVIDIA, it is now possible to play many video games with maximum graphics settings turned on. Unfortunately, while driver developers have promoted compatibility with hundreds of games at a time, there is little consistency in quality expectations and results between titles.

After much time and effort invested by Vadim Krivosheev, Yuriy Nikshych, Cris Villalobos, and Neil Schneider, MTBS is proud to take the first steps in solving this problem.

MTBS' 3D Game Analyzer Logo

MTBS' New 3D Game Analyzer (M3GA) is a fully functional system that asks a series of multiple choice questions.  Based on the answers given, a database is created complete with recommended game settings, quality expectations, and current MTBS Certification Ratings. These ratings adjust and compensate according to what members submit, driver updates, diversified results, and more.

Return to “MTBS News”