Microsoft XBOX 360 & LG Working Together?

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by PressBot »

Credit goes to MetalQueen for adding this to our newswire.  Unfortunately, it was near impossible to find a source that could credit the press release source...UNTIL NOW!

Here are two Korean to English translations of the same release.  See what you think.

Google version:

LG Electronics, South Korea on the 11th, Microsoft, LG Electronics at LG Twin Tower, Yoido Full (Full) LED 3D TV, and the combination of Microsoft's XBOX 360 game console to the Memorandum of Understanding for Marketing (MOU) signing ceremony held.
Read full article...
Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Re: Microsoft XBOX 360 & LG Working Together?

Post by Anthony1 »

What game are they playing? The S3D games on the 360 that I'm aware of is Avatar and Invincible Tiger. That doesn't look to be a screenshot of either of those.

Update: Actually, upon closer inspection, that could be Avatar they are playing. The press release is hard to understand via the translation, but it sounds like Microsoft wil have 6 3D games to be featured in this partnership. I guess we'll have to wait for e3 to find out more about this. This is very big news if MS is going to be more proactive when it comes to 3D and the 360. With my Samsung plasma only working in 1360 x 768 for 3D, the Xbox 360 is the only non-PC device that can output that specific resolution for 3D that my plasma needs. I'm unable to play any PS3 games in 3D on that plasma, but I am able to play Avatar and Invincible Tiger. It would be nice to have some other 3D games to look forward to, via the 360.
Last edited by Anthony1 on Tue May 11, 2010 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I think it's Avatar. Look at the map view at the bottom right.

It's an MOU. Basic stuff hasn't kicked in yet.

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I'm not really sure what this means but if Microsoft wakes up to 3D thats certainly a good thing.

NOTE: When I made this comment via the homepage when I clicked submit an alert box came up that said "Please try again". But when I came to the forum it appears the comment went through. Weird.
Neil

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Credit goes to MetalQueen for adding this to our newswire.  Unfortunately, it was near impossible to find a source that could credit and link to the original press release…UNTIL NOW!

LG & Microsoft 3D Press Release

Here are two Korean to English translations of the same release.  See what you think.

Google version:

LG Electronics, South Korea on the 11th, Microsoft, LG Electronics at LG Twin Tower, Yoido Full (Full) LED 3D TV, and the combination of Microsoft's XBOX 360 game console to the Memorandum of Understanding for Marketing (MOU) signing ceremony held.

Return to “MTBS News”