This is the place to be- Bo3b

bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: This is the place to be- Bo3b

Post by bo3bber »

bo3bber wrote:
Shift-E wrote:
whyme466 wrote:Perhaps helixmod.blogspot should mention the new MTBS location, since NVIdia forums have become so inhospitable?
this is a good idea, allow old Nvidia forum users to find this place if they were away for a while and also for new Helixmod 3D fix users to find it and join in.
I'll see if I can make time to edit that and point here instead. It's a good idea.
HelixModBlog now points here.

If you see people in the NVidia tar pit, like muojo- please point them at the HelixModBlog as a non-threatening place to find the links. Both Discord and Forums are in the nav bar.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

helixmod.blogspot change looks great - highlights this forum and Discord forum! This is probably the most effective, least provocative (to NVidia) way to notify community about move...

Good luck with HelixVision - I hope many more people can experience the treasure that helixmodl.blogspot truly is...
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hey guys, I'm glad you all are here. MTBS3D.com is a great place and there are a lot of good opportunities on this site. There is a huge market for 3D and it won't stop I don't think. I never posted that much over at Nvidia forums in 3D Vision forums but always read what was going on. I have had 3D vision since day one and also had an old school E-Dimensional kit that still works.

I got out of hacking and pirating software a long time ago since it always broke my systems and was not really worth it (although I had a lot of fun and creativity with it).

Looks like Nvidia wants to do some more things with 3D autostereoscopy. Since they stopped driver support back with Forceware 91.31 drivers then James Cameron brought back 3D with Avatar. And Avatar 2 is coming out and the news said that there will be a new 3D tech to come out for this movie. And the Tokyo 2022 Olympics are gonna have Venue Holographic displays for the audience to watch the sports on.

3D glasses are still okay and I hope there will be new kits from some company that has compatible drivers for Windows OS. There are a lot of startups so maybe one day there will be a new company that steps to the plate.

Anyways I am still happy with my Vr setup and 3D setup cause its all still working after all this time.

Hope you guys find some peace here at MTBS3D.com

Dom
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
ToThePoint
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ToThePoint »

@ Dom Appreciate the welcome! Very impressed to hear that you're still rockin' the eDimensional gear. Hey listen, if it works, it just works, no matter how old it is. I do believe that I've still got all of the component parts stashed away somewhere in the house, and there's also a 19" CRT still knocking about too, but rather frustratingly someone else is still actually using it. Kinda itching to see cut scenes of the Enterprise from the Star Trek: Bridge Commander game, and having it fly through space once again. I vividly recall at the time that it was as if you could just reach forward, and literally pick up the ship in your hand. I was sold on 3D from then on.

James Cameron is certainly an incredibly powerful ally to have on your side, if 3D's your thing. I don't expect him to settle for anything less than glasses-free stereoscopy for any of his forthcoming movies this time around. Both the movie Avatar and the equivalent PC game, really did set the bar extremely high for shutter glasses technology, so there's every reason to be optimistic, and that's assuming that other companies don't come up with other glasses-free alternatives in the meantime which I'm currently keeping my eye's on.

I have an HTC Vive, as yet unopened which I bought 2-3 years ago now, and it's taken me the better part of a year to actually afford what's currently in my signature, so as to be VR ready. I'll be looking to finally get my setup assembled and operational within the next couple of weeks, so for me it'll be very interesting indeed to see how something like HelixVision actually works out.

I think that there's definite potential for a degree of cross-over between VR and 3D Vision for instance, in terms of those who just happen to like both technologies, so I'd imagine that some of us will most probably be frequenting the VR forums on here as well, as time goes on. Likewise of course, it'll be good to see you pay us a visit here as often as you wish. ;)
Intel Core i7 6850k @ 3.6 Ghz (Liquid Cooled: Corsair Hydro H115i), 2x GTX 1080 Ti, HB SLI @ x16x16 (Air Cooled), GTX 1060 Dedicated PhysX, 32Gb RAM Kingston Predator
Asus X-99 Deluxe II Motherboard, Corsair Obsidian 1000D Super Tower, Win7 Pro (442.19), Win8.1 (441.66), Ubuntu, Rog Swift PG27VQ 3D (1440p), HTC Vive
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Hi All
Zappologist here, finally moved from the Nvidia 'forum' (and I'm using the term loosely).
I'm glad to see so many of you migrating here, although I did not appreciate the banning that happened over there.

Unfortunately I did not pay attention during the registration and I did not select the correct username.
I tried to find a contact that could assist with such matters, but could only find customerservice@mtbs3d.com.
I sent a mail yesterday but no reply yet.

I don't want to register another user as that would need another email account. I can neither delete the mtbs account, nor change the username. (at some point, on a screen I cannot even find now, I saw a tooltip that if I want to change the username I need to contact an administrator)
Do any of you know if that address is correct for such issues? Or can I do anything else?
Thanks in advance
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Nasa wrote:Hi All
Zappologist here, finally moved from the Nvidia 'forum' (and I'm using the term loosely).
I'm glad to see so many of you migrating here, although I did not appreciate the banning that happened over there.

Unfortunately I did not pay attention during the registration and I did not select the correct username.
I tried to find a contact that could assist with such matters, but could only find customerservice@mtbs3d.com.
I sent a mail yesterday but no reply yet.

I don't want to register another user as that would need another email account. I can neither delete the mtbs account, nor change the username. (at some point, on a screen I cannot even find now, I saw a tooltip that if I want to change the username I need to contact an administrator)
Do any of you know if that address is correct for such issues? Or can I do anything else?
Thanks in advance

You can try to private message Neil in the User control panel above by logout. He said he was busy with his presentation so maybe it will take awhile. Maybe PM Cybereality too, he's a moderator and might answer.

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
djb
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by djb »

Cool, I get "djb" back :)

Seems my brief comments were in a thread that was nuked in the other place...

Anyway, to briefly repeat:

- what a trippy year!
- haven't done much the last year due to moving/crap is still packed, retiring, etc. and will be slow to catch up over the next 4-5 months.
- @ bo3b and others, thank you for going this route. I'm "old" and still like "forums" with "topics" to find :)
- @ bo3b and Markus - HelixVision - looks fantastic, but won't get to that till probably Feb 2020, my Vive and lenses in the back of storage...
- just finished making my "to be frozen in time" Win 7 Pro machine
- looking forward to early next year when I get to fiddle again :-)
- Thank you, to all shader hackers and helpers, for all that you have done since I started playing 10 years ago.

Anyway, nice to be here!
djb
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Hey we have a new subforum for 3D-Vision fixes, nice !!

https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=181
Flugan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Flugan »

Flugan has arrived.

Just got the news of the move.

I just posted all my code awkwardly to GitHub.
Having used Mercurial was not a great combination.

I'm very proud of my work even though it's pretty obsolete right now.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Thanks for adding the link to the new forums on helixblog.

Definitely not a fan of the "new and improved" forums at Nvidia, whoever was in charge should get an award for taking a somewhat function forum and making it trully suck even worse.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

I feel somewhat personally responsible in an anecdotal way...

This is most likely a simple coincidence but back in the nvidia forum's '3D Vision is now dead' thread, I made several posts linking to and referencing studies showing "lurker" to participant ratios (100:1).

Very shortly thereafter, a new forum was announced. When it was launched with features only a 12 year old would think would be cool, it had massive sidebar adverts telling people not to be a "lurker". It was obvious that the sole reason for the redesign was to attract more participants (and boy did that backfire!)

I suspect many an nvidia employee/manager/executive lurks on the nVidia forums and consumes user suggestions and regurgitate them as their own ideas within the company for browning points with bosses and monetary bonuses.

Certainly 3DV was the second most active subforum on the nvidia forums, but the only one with intelligent discussion with a typical user age of ~40 year olds. The main busy forum was a mud flinging contest of 16 year olds ranting about simple game bugs, and the likes of Sora.

Purely anecdotal, but after nvidia abandoning their forums for over a decade, the timing of the revamp is suspicious :woot
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

RAGEdemon wrote:I feel somewhat personally responsible in an anecdotal way...

This is most likely a simple coincidence but back in the nvidia forum's '3D Vision is now dead' thread, I made several posts linking to and referencing studies showing "lurker" to participant ratios (100:1).

Very shortly thereafter, a new forum was announced. When it was launched with features only a 12 year old would think would be cool, it had massive sidebar adverts telling people not to be a "lurker". It was obvious that the sole reason for the redesign was to attract more participants (and boy did that backfire!)

I suspect many an nvidia employee/manager/executive lurks on the nVidia forums and consumes user suggestions and regurgitate them as their own ideas within the company for browning points with bosses and monetary bonuses.

Certainly 3DV was the second most active subforum on the nvidia forums, but the only one with intelligent discussion with a typical user age of ~40 year olds. The main busy forum was a mud flinging contest of 16 year olds ranting about simple game bugs, and the likes of Sora.

Purely anecdotal, but after nvidia abandoning their forums for over a decade, the timing of the revamp is suspicious :woot
I know I usually visited the Geforce Drivers section and was always long wind of expressions that Nvidia sucks with their drivers, (got boring)
The 3D Visions sub forum was usually fun to read.

I see Nvidias forums have links back working now I think. I wrote Nvidia a few months before they said they were gonna drop 3D Vision support and basically asked them to hire some new employees for driver support and to continue it and that the community had to result to hacking to get proper game support and that not everyone wants to hack. So looks like they don't listen anymore (no sense in engaging with them right now)

I have emailed Nvidia over the last 20 years about ideas for their company, alot of the stuff out now seems like its from the emails I sent outlining a creative gaming technology support system. I did it for free and now I can't afford most of the stuff they offer. At least they listen or they would be a very bankrupt and different gaming company than from now.

I've done alot for ideas and construction but I do have some stuff left over for my own company.

Cyberia on Youtube

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

RAGEdemon wrote:I feel somewhat personally responsible in an anecdotal way...

The forum revamp was planned long ago, they solicited suggestions a very long time ago and then sent out Beta invites ages ago.

It was thought that the new forums were never going to be put in place and that the Beta participants had wasted their time.

I was invited, but did not participate.

I knew a few that did and they told me that the forums were going to get wrecked, but I had no idea that they were going to be so convoluted and so non friendly.

It's crazy that they went from no moderation, to authoritarian community assassins.
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Hi, finally here!

I had alot of trouble getting registred correct here, the Admins are not that active, but with some help from Whyme466 and bo3b I finally made it.

bo3b found that my email domain was the culprit, so I made another account, and every thing worked as intended...

So thanks Whyme466 and bo3b, your help was much appreciated :)
mindw0rk
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mindw0rk »

Hi guys. I was afraid 3D Vision board was gone completely after Nvidia section disappeared. Good to see it is still alive and there is active community.
The Janitor
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by The Janitor »

Sup.

I saw someone mention a DX9 port of 3Dmigoto in another thread, is that something you can download or is it being worked on? :)
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

Worked on. Any progress (commits) or releases on it can be followed here. They're still sorting out what a different person did for it.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
The Janitor
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by The Janitor »

Thank you!
edgoll
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by edgoll »

Glad this community still kicking... I have been here w stereo 3d for over 25 years. Here's hoping for another 25...
Blackbird 002, Maingear
GPU: Nvidia geforce 3d glasses, VR Vive Pro, Oculus; Mothballed 3d hardware: eDdimensional, z800
The Janitor
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by The Janitor »

Another 3Dmigoto related question - is it possible to add an on/off toggle function to index buffers? I know how to get the hash but that's about it :D
lay72
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by lay72 »

hello bo3b and hello to everyone .... always sorry for my careless English ... I'm Italian ... what to say, finally a new home for those who love 3D vision like me! it was impossible to be in that junk forum really .... and I really missed a piece of me, since everything changed ... but now I finally have a new home, where I hope to find the whole community again! I am a man who writes little .... apart from requests for help .... but I often read and update myself on the situation of 3D vision and our beautiful community! I take this opportunity to wish each of you a splendid 2020 .... and long life in 3D! 8-)
Flint Eastwood
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Flint Eastwood »

Hello to everyone here. Finally I'm back again here. I'm so glad, that 3D-Vision still has a home.
Big Thanks to Neil, who helped me with my broken registration.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”