3DMigoto explanations/tutorials lost in NV forums

Darkbluesky
One Eyed Hopeful

3DMigoto explanations/tutorials lost in NV forums

Post by Darkbluesky »

Hi,

Sometime ago I did start to fix a game with 3DMigoto (my first one), after doing the Helixmod tutorials, and reading the 3DMigoto wiki I found the most useful info -for a newbie- in the nvidia forums, in the topic for 3DMigoto and other similar.

Now that I have a little more free time I wanted to finish my fix, but I have forgotten almost everything I learnt at the time, specially what was specific for 3DMigoto shaderhunting, basic info on d3dx.ini syntax/functions etc. I remember though, that in that topic, and others, there was a lot of useful info that was not in the wiki. Useful specially for newbies/basic stuff, syntax, how to use several functions, etc which is just what I need to refresh my memory and re-learn the whole thing.

I had all the useful posts and/or topic pages linked for reference at the time, but unhappily the new nvidia forums structure does not allow anymore to retrieve the specific topic pages I had bookmarked in my Favorites (!!), so now all the links end in the single page for that topic, and I can't even use the browser search function to search by words because the forum engine does not load the hundreds of posts at one time, but when scrolling down (and it takes forever for topics like these with hundreds of posts). The forums search tool seems a toy too, and does not allow to make even smart searches. So, now I am stuck, and faced to read all the hundreds (thousand ?) posts to find something useful I had already linked to… I am close to give up.

But still, I was wondering if that topic (and others) have been ported to this forum. I have not found them by using the search function of mtbs3d forums, though. Or maybe someone has summarized and compacted the explanations/tutorials that were published in nvidia forums about 3DMigoto, which now seems impossible to find or link to.

Thanks !
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Re: 3DMigoto explanations/tutorials lost in NV forums

Post by schwing »

Your best bet is an archived version like this one.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
Darkbluesky
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Darkbluesky »

Thank you! Better than Nvidia's current forum engine, although still quite slow to find things. Thanks I'd have to foresee enough time to go deep into that. It is a pity not to have a tutorial from scratch. If I succeed in re-understanding it, I'll do some draft document so to avoid this torture the next time...
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

There's some links on the Helix Blog site that could help you out.

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-to-guides.html

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... uick-n-ea/

Also, I seem to recall you making a thread about this on the old Nvidia forums, I looked for it, but could not find it.

If it was indeed you, perhaps you can find it via your poster activity? I know I posted a bunch of relevant links in the thread and I think others may have chimed in.

Best of Wishes and Good Luck.

PS, thanks for all that you have done for 3D gaming

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”