Nvidia 3D Vision (kind of G-sync implementation????)

b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Nvidia 3D Vision (kind of G-sync implementation????)

Post by b4thman »

Sorry, because maybe there is another thread aboud this matter and I didn't read.

I have noticed that, playing Witcher 3 (again), the gameplay is smoother than ever, and I have the dude if some sort of G-sync is implemented (finally) in the driver when using adaptive vsync in the Nvidia CP (at least with this game). Why I say this?

Well, first I have to say what are my settings. In Nvidia CP I use the settings in Global configuration, so every game uses these settings (unless I change manually, but that is not the case in Witcher 3).

The settings that I use in global settings are:
1) vertical sync: ADAPTIVE
2) triple buffer: ACTIVE

Of course in the game vsync is OFF.

I have to say that I am using Windows 7 with Nvidia driver 441.41 (installed with 3Dfix Manager weeks ago).

Why do I say that about some sort of G-sync? Because I hardly ever get 60 fps playing this game using 3D glasses, so according to the idea of what is ADAPTIVE sync, the image should disable vsync most of the time (every time but when I get 60 fps) and I should get smooth gameplay (when I get for example 45 fps) but a noticeable tearing. But that is not the case, playing below 60 fps I get smooth gameplay and the image is good, and that is exactly what happen with G-SYNC in action.

I know, Nvidia 3D Vision has never been compatible with G-sync, but what is happening here?

My monitor is G-sync capable and I can perfectly distinguish when G-sync is active or not (playing 2D games). And this experience playing this game in 3D is very close to G-sync.

I have to test with other games. I did not play 3D games for some days and now I am excited again.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”