Re: The Outer Worlds [WIP]

Post by Atuin »

Flickering still there :(
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

//skipped, read next post
Last edited by Losti on Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Losti

Post by Losti »

I think i got the fault here!!

All of you having this flickering, could it be that there is NO d3dx_user.ini in your gamefolder????

I have missed to add the userini for the decal options. If there is no such file, the decal option is not declaired resulting in a broken fix for it.

Please add this file to the gamefolder there you also have placed the fix:

https://losti.s3.amazonaws.com/d3dx_user.ini

//I have added the file to the archive of 0.2 from the prev. page.
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

Losti I don't know if you're referring to this problem
but skipping this shader disappears

[ShaderOverride_Disabledifetto]
Hash=7d2b10c4ca733f4e
handling=skip

and enable

[Key_Decals_Options]
key = L
type = cycle
x10 = 1, 2, 3, 4
$decals_option = 1, 2, 3, 4

the light in my save now is perfect

Losti

Post by Losti »

Can i have a savegame if you still have problems? Why disable this decal shader?

To fix the flickering just add

to the game folder. I have missed to add this.

I have universally fixed the lights now. I think i am near to release but please giv me a hint if some thing is not matching !

I will soon adress the HUD!
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

[quote="Losti"]Can i have a savegame if you still have problems? Why disable this decal shader?

I have universally fixed the lights now. I think i am near to release but please giv me a hint if some thing is not matching !

Thanks ok now is perfect.
look at this save for the lights at the top

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5c3bg9tm3 ... 7.rar/file
Losti

Post by Losti »

maurizioclaudio21 wrote:
Losti wrote:Can i have a savegame if you still have problems? Why disable this decal shader?

Thanks ok now is perfect.
look at this save for the lights at the top

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5c3bg9tm3 ... 7.rar/file
THANK YOU SO MUCH for this savegame!!! The cone light in different games needs some hands on, i have added some keys for adjustment but i have never seen this in this game to test. THANK YOU!!!

Grazie mille per questo punteggio! I raggi sono attualmente corretti, ma ogni gioco ha bisogno di un aggiustamento. Ho impostato i pulsanti per questo. Ma non sono mai stato in grado di provarlo prima, dato che non l'ho mai visto così in questo gioco. Grazie, aiuta molto! Ora posso finalmente testare i pulsanti per regolare l'effetto qui!
Losti

Post by Losti »

I have roughly adjusted the beam angle for this game. A universal formula for correcting the bugs with the light maurizioclaudio21 has reported, as well as perfect weapons reflections. Please note: The exact correction of the light cone depends on the convergence chosen. Depending on which Convergence is chosen, the light cone may be a little wrong. For this case i have built in customization buttons. There are different, which you need to test yourself. In the final version, I will include a memory feature that stores your settings that you made once.

The light cone can be adjusted with the key NUM7 and NUM 8. These are major steps in terms of the depth of the effect. NUM 4 and NUM 5 can be used for fine tuning. It depends on the convergence, which correction strength you need. Just test it out. In general, the light cone should be OK! That means I recommend here for fine tuning NUM 4 and NUM 5.

Please do NOT press NUM9 or NUM6, that is currently changing the depth extremely and is currently still in the test if that is necessary !!!

Please delete all old fixes. Delete the directory ShaderFixes and ShaderCache and overwrite the rest with the files from the archive.

Tomorrow I'll take care of the interface and the horizon / cloud effect that is still disabled at the time.

Ho regolato approssimativamente l'angolo del raggio per questo gioco. Una formula universale per correggere i bug con la luce segnalata da maurizioclaudio21, oltre a perfetti riflessi sulle armi. Nota: l'esatta correzione del cono di luce dipende dalla convergenza scelta. A seconda della Convergenza scelta, il cono di luce potrebbe essere un po 'sbagliato. Per questo caso ho incorporato pulsanti di personalizzazione. Ci sono diversi, che è necessario mettersi alla prova. Nella versione finale, includerò una funzione di memoria che memorizza le impostazioni effettuate una volta.

Il cono di luce può essere regolato con il tasto NUM7 e NUM 8. Questi sono i passaggi principali in termini di profondità dell'effetto. NUM 4 e NUM 5 possono essere ottimizzati. Dipende dalla convergenza, quale forza di correzione è necessaria. Provalo e basta. In generale, il cono di luce dovrebbe essere OK! Ciò significa che raccomando qui per la regolazione fine NUM 4 e NUM 5.

Si prega di NON premere NUM9 o NUM6, che attualmente sta cambiando estremamente la profondità ed è attualmente ancora nel test, se necessario !!!

Si prega di riempire tutte le vecchie correzioni. Elimina la directory ShaderFixes e ShaderCache e sovrascrivi il resto con i file dall'archivio.

Domani mi occuperò dell'interfaccia e dell'effetto orizzonte / nuvola che al momento è ancora disabilitato.

- Low convergence toggle with GB_GUIDE or "Tilde"-Key, in german its the key left next to the number 1 key
- "/" (NUPAD DEVIDE) is for HUD depth
- "*" (NUPAD MULTIPLY) is for depth presets
- "," enables the auto depth crosshair and HUD!, use this key toggle standard depth if you join inventory or menu, ill make this cool in the release version to autotoggle this, but in this version you need this switch key!!!
- "+" (NUPAD PLUS) adjusts the general auto depth scaled crosshair, you may need this for some custom convergences you choose (only working if auto depth enabled)

https://losti.s3.amazonaws.com/TOW_3D-V ... P_V0.3.zip

Copy Scalability.ini to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Indiana\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

In this folder there is a Engine.ini, please add this at the bottom of the file, this will fix motion sickness, THANK YOU @ Atuin for telling me this thing!!!!

Code: Select all

[SystemSettings]
r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=2 ;forces a specific AA-type: 0=none, 1=FXAA(untested), 2=TemporalAA(default)
r.PostProcessAAQuality=2 ;forces max quality AntiAliasing
r.MaxAnisotropy=16 ;improves the quality of AntiAliasing
r.TemporalAACatmullRom=0 ;confirmed to causes light flicker issues, forces the sharper TAA filter kernel off
r.TemporalAASamples=2 ;minimizes jittered positions and flickering, setting it higher will improve TAA quality but cause sincere flickering
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2 ;helps preventing TAA ghosting, faster visual responsiveness
r.ScreenPercentage=100 ;native TAA, under strong suspicion to cause micro-stuttering when set higher than 100
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=0.8 ;immensely reduces TAA blurriness by sharpening, adjust to your preferance
r.Tonemapper.Quality=4 ;forces highest Tonemapper quality
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=1 ;disables possible noise added by Tonemapper
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0 ;disables chromatic aberration, greatly increasing image quality
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0 ;disables chromatic aberration, greatly increasing image quality
r.MotionBlur.Max=0 ;disables motion blur
r.MotionBlurQuality=0 ;disables motion blur
r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0.35 ;reasonably increases rendered distance for static meshes, max setting is 0.25
foliage.LODDistanceScale=4 ;increases rendered distance for foliage to minimize "popping in" of grass/trees/..., previously set to 5
r.HighQualityLightMaps=1 ;forces high quality lightmaps
r.LensFlareQuality=0 ;disables lensflares to fix light flickering issues of the vanilla game

PLEASE RESPECT THIS WORK! DO NOT SHARE OR USE FOR OTHER GAMES !!! This contains parts of the new universal fix that is still in dev.!!!
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Latest WIP looking very good... my only issue is frame-rate hitching... but I get that in 2D as well... thinking 418.81 might be the issue. Going to try on Win 8 with 425.31.

W10 1903/i7-16 GB /1070/418.81
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Looking good now but performance is through the floor and pretty unplayable due to the hitching.
I am on the lastest driver with 3dvision injected but I have tried various drivers including the officially supported one.

Also will crash within a couple of minutes unless
APP_COMPAT_SHIM = 2
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Made some adjustments that have helped. Hitching is not completely gone, but it is a lot better (at least so far... and I haven't had any crashes)...

graphic settings at Medium, with the exception of Shadows (Low)
Frame limiter set to 120 to match monitor
Vsync on

No doubt that there are issues with the game's performance that won't be resolved until the dev issues a patch or three. After doing some Googling, it seems a lot of people are having the same issues - regardless of driver or hardware... same issues also seem to be present on Xbox One.

Update: Actually... performs that much better with frame limiter set to 144 - was able to raise graphics settings to Very High, but left Shadows on Low.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

My FPS jumps up to 120 with 3dvision off and no hitching.
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Great fix Losti thanks
Perfect lights, no crashes for the moment.
Atuin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Atuin »

Necropants wrote:Looking good now but performance is through the floor and pretty unplayable due to the hitching.
I am on the lastest driver with 3dvision injected but I have tried various drivers including the officially supported one.

Also will crash within a couple of minutes unless
APP_COMPAT_SHIM = 2
I have that one too.
Plus Nvwgf2umx.dll crash wich its fixed by assigning virtual memory to the hard drive where the game is installed, weird...
Losti

Post by Losti »

This is the new WIP!

I do NOT WANT to read anything about performance here anymore. If you do not have the hardware to achive 3D Vision today you have to think about an update!!!

I am using a Core I9-9900K, 16 GB Ram and a single GTX 1070 and after some imput lags the things are at 60 FPS here. The game needs to cache shaders in a new area that may causes input lags. Many many shaders are fixed here, performance will get better playing the game and let it cache the fixed shaders!

Propper-HUD-FIX is left here !!!!!! Please report any other issues and PROVIDE SAVEGEMES!! For amy issues not related to the HUD !!!

Fixed compared to 0.3:

-SSR velocity as good as i can
-lights/shadows now perfect
- finalized clipping fix!

I have worked on this update about 12 HRs !!

What you often call PERFECT is totally broken in my eyes :-)

ENJOY!!! And give me some feedback!!!!

- Low convergence toggle with GB_GUIDE or "Tilde"-Key, in german its the key left next to the number 1 key
- "/" (NUPAD DEVIDE) is for HUD depth
- "*" (NUPAD MULTIPLY) is for depth presets
- "," enables the auto depth crosshair and HUD!, use this key toggle standard depth if you join inventory or menu, ill make this cool in the release version to autotoggle this, but in this version you need this switch key!!!
- "+" (NUPAD PLUS) adjusts the general auto depth scaled crosshair, you may need this for some custom convergences you choose (only working if auto depth enabled)
- NUM 7/8 cycle ConeLight depth, fine tune it with NUM 4/5

add this to the engine.ini in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Indiana\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

[SystemSettings]
r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=2 ;forces a specific AA-type: 0=none, 1=FXAA(untested), 2=TemporalAA(default)
r.PostProcessAAQuality=2 ;forces max quality AntiAliasing
r.MaxAnisotropy=16 ;improves the quality of AntiAliasing
r.TemporalAACatmullRom=0 ;confirmed to causes light flicker issues, forces the sharper TAA filter kernel off
r.TemporalAASamples=2 ;minimizes jittered positions and flickering, setting it higher will improve TAA quality but cause sincere flickering
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2 ;helps preventing TAA ghosting, faster visual responsiveness
r.ScreenPercentage=100 ;native TAA, under strong suspicion to cause micro-stuttering when set higher than 100
r.Tonemapper.Quality=4 ;forces highest Tonemapper quality
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=1 ;disables possible noise added by Tonemapper
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0 ;disables chromatic aberration, greatly increasing image quality
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0 ;disables chromatic aberration, greatly increasing image quality
r.MotionBlur.Max=0 ;disables motion blur
r.MotionBlurQuality=0 ;disables motion blur
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0 ;disables depth of field
r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0.35 ;reasonably increases rendered distance for static meshes, max setting is 0.25
foliage.LODDistanceScale=4 ;increases rendered distance for foliage to minimize "popping in" of grass/trees/..., previously set to 5
r.HighQualityLightMaps=1 ;forces high quality lightmaps
r.LensFlareQuality=0 ;disables lensflares to fix light flickering issues of the vanilla game
also copy Scalability.ini to this directory, SET BOTH TO WRITE PROTECTED!!!

https://losti.s3.amazonaws.com/TOW_3D-V ... P_V0.4.zip
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Losti. I only mention because I was trying to work out if it's 3dvision or fix related.
Also Correction I need to set the App option to 1 to stop crashes.
This is shader caching aside.

As I am now running 2080ti SLI (for now anyway.) I can only imagine it indicates a very CPU bound game. Actually I get better fps with SLI off in this title.

Anyway thanks alot will try this new update when I am home from work.
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Just started a new game and played through the prolouge and a little more, I've set the game up as you descriped.
I'm not blown away by the texture quality, and tbh it should perform alot better if compared to other similar titles !

3D is spot on in every aspect, no issues at all, autocrosshair + target + enemy healthbar works great, the rest of the hud is in screendepht, and thats exactly how I like it :woot

So Losti all I can say to you is THANKS, a donation is upcomming on next payday :)
Losti

Post by Losti »

Thank you dir testing. I will fix tue HUD those days a Bit more. Nice to know that the isses left with 3D are near Zero. It has taken ab bit longer than expected because i test any new things die many games to bring up my work with the Universal fix.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

It's not perfect, Blacksmith. Play a bit more. Mind I am in the camp with losti when I am constantly baffled when people say the 3d is perfect and then log into the game to find many flaws.
That said, it's 99% there, now and I would not expect anything more. Performance is much better in the latest version. This Game does not perform very well in 3D, and is CPU bound.

Thanks Losti.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Necropants wrote:It's not perfect, Blacksmith. Play a bit more. Mind I am in the camp with losti when I am constantly baffled when people say the 3d is perfect and then log into the game to find many flaws.
That said, it's 99% there, now and I would not expect anything more. Performance is much better in the latest version. This Game does not perform very well in 3D, and is CPU bound.

Thanks Losti.
Yesterday i was able to put the on Screen cloudy horizon into the right depth (that is currently disabled) but than the onjects infront of it became a verry huge HALO Effect. I will give this another try today but im not sure that i can remove the halo, hence we might have to without this clouds.

I have also fixed the velocity/Motion sickness from an area with massive SSR.

I think the HUD can remain as it is, except some automatic disable the depth buffer scaled crosshair if we are in a menu. There is aproblem with the crosshair from the sniper for example. I think ist because the depth buffer is beeing taken from the weapon and not from the lights of the Scene itselfe because the weapon is huge and near the crosshair. I try to find a solution here.

If there are any effects wrong left please give me a savegame diretly having this Problem. I know about some very minor things on walls with AO or reflections but ist not possible to adress this.

I have to add something to the object RegEx to fix near Screen object reflections in any case. Than i am finished ^^
Zeblade
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zeblade »

"It's not perfect, Blacksmith. Play a bit more. Mind I am in the camp with losti when I am constantly baffled when people say the 3d is perfect and then log into the game to find many flaws.

Thanks Losti."

Well seems we always have you "Necropants" to remind others how "perfect" there work isn't.

See this is how I look at all this. Nvidia is NOT doing 3D anymore. No drivers nothing. So a game comes out and someone goes and makes it work in 3D. Perfect is just thanks praise to THEM not anyone else. So relax.. its text and was never directed to at you :)
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

With all due respect that was a pretty dick thing to say. You seem to imply Zeblade that I am downplaying shader hackers work when that's far from the case. Having delved into this black art myself I appreciate what's involved acutely. But I do get a little annoyed when people report a game as perfect 3d. (especially ones that haven't been worked on) when there are actually many issues.

I have been around this community for a long time now, and have a rotation of donation support to shader hackers. I have bought many a game on recommendations of those who decreed the game was excellent in 3D only to find it really was not. I just ask for honestly. Even to my eyes sometimes I think something is perfect only to find a shaderhacker putting hours more time into a fix until every minor detail is resolved sometimes issues I have not even noticed. My comment was adding to something Losti said earlier in the thread about what he considers "Perfect 3D" or not. There are still some issues with this fix as Losti has mentioned, but as I said I am very grateful and wouldn't expect anything more. But I know most Shader hackers always try to make every fix as complete as it can be...

That said, I'll provide saves if I find anything majorly broken going forward. But I haven't seen anything that detracts from the experience as of the latest fix so far. Awesome work Losti, thanks alot.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Zeblade, thank you for your encouragement. You are quite right that the complaints for some things on a fairly high level, but I give it just as Necropants right, we strive for perfection and what some call PERFECT is completely broken in my eyes. If we were always working that way we would be dissatisfied and that would not be in our favor.

Also this fix is ​​not perfect but almost, that's right. I was working at the HUD today and I still need to fix a couple of issues that some do not see, but I have to fix that if I can, for me !! For my satisfaction!

I also played Alien Isolation with some crazy reflections. It was great! But I can not do that anymore, as long as there are any broken effects that I can fix, I try that if it's worth it to significantly improve the experience.

I would not post an enune fix until this is perfect for me, I'm close ....

ONLY HUD is left so far

If you can wait some more, you can have a 99% fixed game :-)
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

I'm not far in the game yet, still has some unfinished buisness elsewhere :)

But what I has seen was perfect to me, I'm not a nitpicker but tbh I didn't see any issues, and like I said I don't wan't the hud any other way as it is.

I know you are a perfectionist Losti, but the last 1% can be unnecesarry time consuming imo, and maybe not worth the effort, but I'm not the one to put any pressure on you, it's your fix/time..
Some games are more worthy than others, to recieve the extra effort and love, I hope this is one of them.

Btw is any of you aware of any "must have" mods for it ?
Losti

Post by Losti »

I just wonder about that NO ONE was reporting the issu witht he crosshair using a sniper weapon having a scope, completely out of depth using autodepth. I was able to fix this. But i need to sort out the fix to not afflict the others weapo crosshair, But i am on a good way here, but need to skip this for today. Another attemp tomorrow to bring this to a 3D-Vision-Ready fix.

@ BS: "I don't wan't the hud any other way as it is" lol ? Entering menu the hud is broken and you need the auto depth disable key her ^^ No thats not an option. The current (not provided) version will fix this. The goal is to use as less as toggle keys as i can achieve. Weapon Toggle Menu also fixed right in depth. Currently i am only fighting with the damn scope, the depthbuffer is grapped from this .... using a huge weapon or a weapon having a skope. But im sure to solve this, just need some time.

I have also to fix the damn cone (dynamic) lights ... the current fix and adaption is not sclaing with the POV.......DAMN i was not able to do this in many UE4 games but there has to be as solution.....

Hands on time for this game: approx. 48 hrs. now !

But all this will influence the new universal fix i am working on! The more I find out the better the universal fix is doong its work !
Atuin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Atuin »

Stumbled with this. Probably fixed on the final fix but I just leave it here.

Here is the Save.

https://gofile.io/?c=BuNMu8
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Losti wrote: @ BS: "I don't wan't the hud any other way as it is" lol ? Entering menu the hud is broken and you need the auto depth disable key her ^^ No thats not an option. The current (not provided) version will fix this. The goal is to use as less as toggle keys as i can achieve. Weapon Toggle Menu also fixed right in depth. Currently i am only fighting with the damn scope, the depthbuffer is grapped from this .... using a huge weapon or a weapon having a skope. But im sure to solve this, just need some time.
Sorry Losti but I have to correct you, hud=heads up display has nothing to do do with the UI=menu, and yes the ui could use some improvements ;)
Losti

Post by Losti »

Blacksmith60 wrote:
Losti wrote: @ BS: "I don't wan't the hud any other way as it is" lol ? Entering menu the hud is broken and you need the auto depth disable key her ^^ No thats not an option. The current (not provided) version will fix this. The goal is to use as less as toggle keys as i can achieve. Weapon Toggle Menu also fixed right in depth. Currently i am only fighting with the damn scope, the depthbuffer is grapped from this .... using a huge weapon or a weapon having a skope. But im sure to solve this, just need some time.
Sorry Losti but I have to correct you, hud=heads up display has nothing to do do with the UI=menu, and yes the ui could use some improvements ;)
ALLREADY DONE :-)

Atuin wrote:Stumbled with this. Probably fixed on the final fix but I just leave it here.

Here is the Save.

https://gofile.io/?c=BuNMu8

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SAVE-GAME !!

This is an issue i have adressed today and i am happy to announce that i beat this loving cone lights....also for other games so its universal !!!!

There is some other shader in this scene ref. the smoke that is new!!!! Skipping this will be cool but not the answer, ill adress this the next days!!!

This is the scene looking like with my current (not published) fix!!

bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Special delivery for The Outer Worlds. ;)

Loader for Windows Store version

This is a loader file that makes the Windows Store version of The Outer Worlds work in 3D, using Losti's fix.

The reason this is interesting is because you can get the badly named Xbox Game Pass for PC, for $1 right now as a Beta. And... The Outer Worlds is part of their collection, so you can play The Outer Worlds in 3D, for $1. And... not have to use the Epic Game Store, or wait a year for Steam release. Win-win in my book. Only drawback is that it requires Win 10 1903, but driver 425.31 was working fine.

This is all DarkStarSword's work, he built the loader mechanism and figured out the certificate signing and injection for the Win store. I've just rebuilt it following his instructions, and set it up for this game. And tested it.

If you want to try this out, you'll pretty much need admin for all these steps.

1) Create a folder C:\Program Files (x86)\TOW_3Dmigoto It needs to be in Program Files (x86) in order to run.
2) Unzip Losti's fix into that folder.
3) Copy the 3DMigoto Loader.exe file into that folder as well. It might reset the Run as Admin, so check Properties->Compatibility->Run As Administrator is set.
4) Edit the d3dx.ini file, and in the [Loader] section change the target and module lines to be:

[Loader]
; Target process to load into. You can optionally include part of the directory
; structure in case the game's executable name is generic.
target = indianawindowsstore-win64-shipping.exe

; This tells the loader where to find 3DMigoto. This DLL must be located
; in the same directory as 3DMigoto Loader.exe and will be loaded in the target
; process under the same name. If d3d11.dll doesn't work try 3dmigoto.dll
module = d3d11.dll
5) Run the 3DMigoto Loader.exe out of that folder. It will bring up a command window and wait.
6) Run The Outer Worlds out of the Xbox app. As soon as it launches, 3DmigotoLoader will see it and connect, then exit.
7) Test the game using Losti's awesome fix! (Full fix whenever it's ready)

Let me know if you have problems or if it works. There is some complexity with code signing and certificate management that I'm not certain will work on other machines.

BTW, this game is pretty buggy at present. I get that full stall around the ship with a 1080ti, and it crashes periodically. For best experience, don't be in a rush to play this one, wait for Losti to finalize his fix, and also for the game to be actually finished.
Last edited by bo3bber on Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Bob, should i use the loader for the Epic store version as well? Than its universal and not depending from the game version. Ill try this tomorrow!
7) Play the game using Losti's awesome fix!
I am currently working on this game, so please wait until its finished for full immersion gameplay !!!

This is a bit of delay because i test everything i find out with other games for the new universal fix !!! current progess is verry promising!!

For the universal fix i need a game having CB 36 for ObjectShaders as start for the matrix. But i DONT HAVE. I have games for 40 and 44 and this is following the rules, so i assume that this is cool for CB36 starting games as well. Ill implement a auto detection for the right correction that should also work for CB36 matrix. Ill also use some auto detect for decals options for the universal fix!

But i would have some more games here for evaluate the CB1[38].w value....but i dont have ..... not many games uses light cones!

Its working for Draugen, Sinking City, BlairWitch, The beast Inside, Outer worlds so far.....THATS GOOD!!!

May be we need to wait until some game is found not working but working for so many games makes me to feel confident!

The cone light fix was demanding for my nerves and tooks many many hrs but i am NEAT to the perfect solution!!!!

//load stereo params to register r23
ld_indexable(texture2d)(float,float,float,float) r23.xyzw, l(0, 0, 0, 0), t125.xyzw

//add separation to r14 used in the matrix below this fix
add r23.w, r14.x, r23.x

//calc r33 between cb1[38].w = 0.1 and 0.33 (game dependend)
mul r33.x, cb1[38].w, l(0.34782608695652300000)
add r33.x, r33.x, l(0.86521739130434800000)

//mul temp register r23.w with calculated r33.x
mul r23.w, r23.w, -r33.x

//found by trial and error after many hrs, working universal for any UE4 game, but need some changes for cb1[32].x in dependency of the -cb1[66].xyzx from below
//if CB NR = 66 than use cb1[36].x / if CB NR = 62 than use cb1[32].x / /if CB NR = 58 than use cb1[28].x << CONFLICT !! Need a game using -cb1[58].xyzx here!!!!
mul r23.w, r23.w, cb1[28].x
mul r23.w, r23.w, cb1[36].x
mul r23.w, r23.w, cb1[36].x
mul r23.w, r23.w, cb1[28].x

//apply fix
add r13.y, r13.y, r23.w

mul r15.xyzw, r13.zzzz, cb0[55].xyzw
  mad r15.xyzw, r13.yyyy, cb0[54].xyzw, r15.xyzw
  mad r14.xyzw, r14.xxxx, cb0[56].xyzw, r15.xyzw
  add r14.xyzw, r14.xyzw, cb0[57].xyzw
  div r14.xyz, r14.xyzx, r14.wwww
  add r14.xyz, r14.xyzx, -cb1[66].xyzx
  add r15.xyz, r14.xyzx, -cb1[63].xyzx
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Losti wrote:Bob, should i use the loader for the Epic store version as well? Than its universal and not depending from the game version. Ill try this tomorrow!
7) Play the game using Losti's awesome fix!
I am currently working on this game, so please wait until its finished for full immersion gameplay !!!
That is definitely right, wait for the finished version, it's very good right now, but will become better. (I edited my post to make that clear)

For the 3DMigotoLoader.exe, please add that to your fix zip file, so it will be handy for anyone who wants to use WinStore. But, there is no value or need for it on EpicGameStore (also not sure it will even work, but probably will.)

Thanks man!
Losti

Post by Losti »

Bob, do you have set APP_COMPAT_SHIM = 2 in the ini? That solves the crashes.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Ok i have fixed the damn left/right incorrect reflections that was a problem in near every UE4 game having SSR. Its only approximate beeing fixed but much much better than before. For the universal fix there will be a toggle key, because not even any game needs this!

(have a look at the bottom right screen space reflections in the lower right corner and on the second picture you will see this at the left and right side!):

Without the new fix:
With new approx fix:
Without the new fix:
With new approx fix:
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Losti wrote:Bob, do you have set APP_COMPAT_SHIM = 2 in the ini? That solves the crashes.
Yep, that is set. I copied your WIP4 fix directly, and it looks like you have that set by default in the d3dx.ini.

I also tried =1, but neither fixed the crashes for me using XGPass version. Might be more unstable or not as updated, not sure. It makes playing on SuperNova pretty much impossible, because you lose progress every time you crash without heading back to the ship. My best guess here is that UWP restrictions make the game even more unstable. UE4 is not known for high quality code.

I don't think this has anything to do with the Win10 Store injection itself, it looks more game instability/sloppy port to me. I also get the wicked stutter/stalls, and none of the web search results for fixing this have worked for me.

In any case, like always, waiting a little bit will make for a much better experience. :? I'm in no rush, because the first rule of 3D Vision Club is- patience.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Hm, no crashes here, Epic Games VErsion btu as you saied not sure if this is the reason...

I have loving spand a lot of time in the HUD to notice that the texture/ib hashes i have choosen are also the same from enemy weapons that will completely breake my corrections !!!!!!!!!! ARGHASSSHSHSHFSHFHSFHSH

But i think i have a version for the release now, even its not perfect!! Effect fixes are perfect, HUD/UI not......

I am currently cashing ahs many shader regex as i can with the savegames i have to prepare a release with good performance !!!

ITS PERFECT NOW except some issues we have to go with, except the HUD/UI that bothers me but i cant do anything here without adding toggle keys and that would be much ....

BUT: THis is the first game and also beeing universal for any other game i have seen i have fixed dyynamic lights!!!! TO PERFECT, only some games needs some toggle keys for depth adaption, but not his one !!! Its now perfec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS
IS
A
loving
GREAT
FEELING ^^

//load stereo and constant params
ld_indexable(texture2d)(float,float,float,float) r27.xyzw, l(0, 0, 0, 0), t125.xyzw
ld_indexable(texture1d)(float,float,float,float) r29.xyzw, l(110, 0, 0, 0), t120.xyzw
ld_indexable(texture1d)(float,float,float,float) r30.xyzw, l(111, 0, 0, 0), t120.xyzw
//add separation to r18.y used in the matrix below this fix
//add r27.w, r18.y, r27.x
add r27.w, l(0.0), r27.x
//calc r28 between cb1[38].w = 0.1 and 0.33 (game dependend)
//confirmed working for games having CB1[40] and CB1[44] in object shader, no game found having CB1[36] in object shader yet
mul r28.x, cb1[38].w, l(0.34782608695652300000)
add r28.x, r28.x, l(0.86521739130434800000)
//mul temp register r27.w with calculated r28.x
mul r27.w, r27.w, -r28.x
//found by trial and error after many hrs, working universal for any UE4 game, but need some changes for cb1[32].x in dependency of the -cb(?P=CBNR)[(?P=CBReg)].xyzx from below
//if CB NR = 66 than use cb1[36].x / if CB NR = 62 than use cb1[32].x / /if CB NR = 58 than use cb1[28].x << CONFLICT !! Need a game using -cb1[58].xyzx here!!!!
mul r27.w, r27.w, cb1[28].x
ieq r28.y, l(62.0), l(62.0)
ieq r28.z, l(62.0), l(66.0)

if_nz r28.y
mul r27.w, r27.w, cb1[32].x
mul r27.w, r27.w, cb1[32].x
endif

if_nz r28.z
mul r27.w, r27.w, cb1[36].x
mul r27.w, r27.w, cb1[36].x
endif
mul r27.w, r27.w, cb1[28].x
ieq r31.x, r29.x, l(1.0)
if_nz r31.x
//add convergence scaling if enabled with NUMPAD0
//y = -0,00234674281707191000x + 1,11644963120114000000
mul r28.w, r27.y, l(-0.00234674281707191000)
add r28.w, r28.w, l(1.11644963120114000000)
//this is for universal fix using scaling key to adjust general depth
mul r28.w, r28.w, r30.x
//mul temp register r27.w with calculated r28.w
mul r27.w, r27.w, r28.w
endif
//apply fix
add r17.z, r17.z, r27.w

//original code upto here
  mul r19.xyzw, r17.wwww, cb0[55].xyzw
  mad r19.xyzw, r17.zzzz, cb0[54].xyzw, r19.xyzw
  mad r19.xyzw, r18.yyyy, cb0[56].xyzw, r19.xyzw
  add r19.xyzw, r19.xyzw, cb0[57].xyzw
  div r18.yzw, r19.xxyz, r19.wwww
  add r18.yzw, r18.yyzw, -cb1[62].xxyz
  add r19.xyz, r18.yzwy, -cb1[59].xyzx
Losti

Post by Losti »

Its ready!! 3D-Vision Ready!! Please Enjoy!!!!

make sure to remove old versions using uninstall.bat, as well as removing ShaderCache folder manually!!!

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/11/t ... y-fix.html

Please dont forget to donate for this one, and PLEASE do not use this fix for other games!!! The RegEx her are a part of the new universal fix and it's still in development!
Obveron
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: The Outer Worlds [Released]

Post by Obveron »

Well done sir
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Hi Losti,

I am having some issues (as these shots show.) Not sure why, as I didn't have these in the previous WIP's.

I also get error messages for these two files:

mouse.ini
shaderregex_ue4_extended1.ini

The good news is that the hitching/frame rate issues that were present prior to this release are completely gone and the game is running very smoothly.

Any ideas on what might be happening?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Losti

Post by Losti »

The smoothness is because of the cached files i have added to the Archive.

//Edit: i have missed to add the Shaderfixes folder....... :-)

And no RegEx means super Performance but broken game.

Damn i will reupload the fix this evening in approx 10 hrs.
Last edited by Losti on Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Lol can it be that i was missing to add the shaderfixes folder to the Archive???

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”