Tutorial replacing the battery of 3d Vision V2 glasses

Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful

Tutorial replacing the battery of 3d Vision V2 glasses

Post by Robert256 »

Hi all. my 3D Vision glasses V2 died recently. As they can't be purchased anymore, and it was probably a battery problem, I searched the net how to replace the battery.
Unfortunately, I only could find tutorials for V1 glasses. So, I had to find out myself and wrote a tutorial how to do it. Hope you'll find it useful!
The tutorial can be downloaded here:
https://imaging3d.com/3DVisionV2BatteryReplacement.pdf
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Tutorial replacing the battery of 3d Vision V2 glasses

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Robert256 wrote:Hi all. my 3D Vision glasses V2 died recently. As they can't be purchased anymore, and it was probably a battery problem, I searched the net how to replace the battery.
Unfortunately, I only could find tutorials for V1 glasses. So, I had to find out myself and wrote a tutorial how to do it. Hope you'll find it useful!
The tutorial can be downloaded here:
https://imaging3d.com/3DVisionV2BatteryReplacement.pdf

I found 2 new pairs of blue Xpand 104's for $9 each and they both had swollen batteries. Someone gave me a few of their old vape pens and I harvested the batteries out of them, both work great now with the Rev 1 pyramid once I set the IR signal to nvidia with the Xpand software tool. As long as the battery fits and is rated at 3.7V, the mAh doesn't matter but try to use the charging circuit of the original if possible. The 2 Xpands I have now are both 3.7V @ 380mAh and I have a new 120mAh battery to put in the used pair of Rev 1 nvidia glasses.

From what I've read, it's not always the best idea to keep Li-po batteries continually plugged in after a full charge, depending on the protection circuit and the manufacture quality of the battery, also charging voltage. I've seen many cheap made-in-China devices fail because of leaving them plugged in 24/7.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”