vireio Setup and question

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
stemar
One Eyed Hopeful

vireio Setup and question

Post by stemar »

I downloaded the vireio program and I wanted to get it tot work with morrowind.

What i did:
1. Download vireio
2. Extracted it tot the morrowind folder (perception.exe is located in the morrowind map
3. I set up a profile for morrowind using the profile manager
4. I ran perception.exe and selected side by side
5. I ran morrowind

The game runs, in windowed mode, but i do not get any stereoscapic side by side view.

Did i miss any steps or anyone else had these problems?
Cercata
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: vireio Setup and question

Post by Cercata »

Morrowind works with DX9 ? If not, you must use a MOD or something that makes it work with DX9.
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by DrBeef »

Good spot.. if it isn't currently DX9, it needs to be somehow.

However, even when you have got it running DX9, you'll need to create a profile for it and a shader profile (you need to run Vireio in shader analyser mode, basically add 10000 to the "game_type" number in the profiles.cfg go into the BRASSA menu and form there create and save a shader profile). Without that, Vireio won't be able to perform stereo separation of the left and right eye images.

I'm afraid it's not as simple as just running Vireio and starting any game, there is a minimum amount of work required, however, when you get a (currently) unsupported game up and running it is very satisfying, and if you manage it, please share the results, they could always be merged into the release for others to benefit from.
Hiradur
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hiradur »

Try OpenMW, it supports DX9.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”