Does Freepie accept multiple mouse input?

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
Elwood
One Eyed Hopeful

Does Freepie accept multiple mouse input?

Post by Elwood »

Hello!

Can Freepie read only the input from a specific mouse (say, mouse[0] or mouse[1])?

I'm thinking about buying a gyroscopic mouse and converting the input to TrackIR or Freetrack.

Many people are using gyro mice as head trackers (like this guy here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU1ennYvdKg) and there is also a nice small program to adjust mice settings separately (different speeds for aiming mouse and the tracking mouse): http://www.eithermouse.com/.

That approach is fun and simple, but what I'd like to try is separate head movement from aiming. So of course Freepie comes to mind;).
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Does Freepie accept multiple mouse input?

Post by CyberVillain »

Hi, we use Directx to read the mouse data and u
I think it treats all connected devices as one, will have to test. Will two standard mice work as your mouse so that I can test?
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

There is a Microsoft SDK that supports multiple mouse as input devices. I guess to do what you want you'd probably need to change FreePIE or write a custom FreePIE input device to support the multiple mice SDK however. Alternatively, you could just probably just read the USB packets of the device directly using GetRawInputData, and plumb those into FreePIE, bypassing the SDK...
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

I can look into it, but cant promise when. I'm alone on this project these days and there are 2000 downloads each month so the demand for new features are increasing in a scale I cant keep up with :/

Return to “FreePIE”