Working on a 2K screen replacement for DK1

Vturksoy
One Eyed Hopeful

Working on a 2K screen replacement for DK1

Post by Vturksoy »

Hello Rifters,
Is there anyone who is working on a 2K 1440p screen?
After I had the working 1080p oculus rift DK1 upgrate achived. (a month ago) My team had started working on a special 1440p screen. It is comming soon.
:twisted: My team had focused on it...
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Working on a 2K screen replacement for DK1

Post by Dilip »

Vturksoy wrote:Hello Rifters,
Is there anyone who is working on a 2K 1440p screen?
After I had the working 1080p oculus rift DK1 upgrate achived. (a month ago) My team had started working on a special 1440p screen. It is comming soon.
My team had focused on it...
Super excited man :)
Loved your posted comparison pics, really just a single step up from HD to FHD is GIANT LEAP in VR QUALITY
I am vEry vEry ExCited to See the REVOLUTIONARY 1440P (2K) as i believe it will get us very near to Matrix Level VR and is "The One Resolution" should be for CV1 ( May be VR NIRVANA is @ 8K ,,,ha,,,ha :lol:)

The spacer you put surrounding display is very polished near professional!!

My one small request to you.

1) Can you try your game in 720P on your upgraded DK and compare it with 1080P resolution and post images?

Now you think whats a deal in it? i say it has as...

A. My 1080P 23" LGD2342P 3D monitor shows equally good images in 720P (without large quality loss) in 3D,
so i believe what if just screen be 1440P and content played on it in 1080P with upscalling will not put much
stress on system of playing 1440P, yet give super screen door free images. As i have seen opinions stating
there is no 'PC Power' with 'Average gamer' to drive 1440P rift, that's why it should't be target for CV1.

Am i thinking right?
What your practice experience says?

2) Why i am asking you?
A. You are the one to have FHD RIFT AT the Moment.
Vturksoy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vturksoy »

Hi,

After I done FHD upgrate. This is my new goal :) I'm contacting every source to get a working one on my hand.

Yes I'll do 720p on 1080p picture tests. Lets see the differance. But give me a couple of days I don't have the same camera with me now.
I belive that it's much more easyer for the PC. It would be ok for the user. But there should be differance too.

We should look for upscaling. 4K image on a 2k screen. I want to achive that. Untill we have a 2k screen PC's are gonne be faster. So I hope most users could get it work at least 2K on 2K.

Prpbably you saw the new 4K LG's screen. I'll go for it as soon as it's avaliable to customers.
But I can say that Just a FHD upgrate is enough to force a mid range PC. I had $1000 upgrate on my Q9550 system to have 60FPS

Kind regards,
Volkan Turksoy
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Post by GeraldT »

will that screen be 7"?
want to demo the Rift or check it out? click here
Vturksoy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vturksoy »

no it's a "6
Today I've found an engeneer who is capable of dooing 2k Boards. We had a deal on price and he said just give me two months :)
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Post by GeraldT »

cool - sounds like a good compromise. looking forward to your results
want to demo the Rift or check it out? click here
Vturksoy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vturksoy »

Hi Gerald,
Yes it's a compromise. He is capable of everything about electronics and senior engineer at Siemens. Will start to work this week. You should probably see first protoype in june.
Kind regards,
Volkan
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

Vturksoy wrote:Untill we have a 2k screen PC's are gonne be faster. So I hope most users could get it work at least 2K on 2K.
Hai you too believe Consumer Version will be FHD only? not 2K?

Why i advocate 2K is it will be the point where Screen door will be next to bare minimum and i do belive while 2K will make screen door go away playing 1080P content on that will not be significant quality loss compared to gain of screen-door free image. the ideal win win situation.

Anyway you are going to do 2K modding. So if 2K official Rift not at GDC14 then your MOD will be on my RADAR man!!!!
Attreyu
Cross Eyed!

Post by Attreyu »

I've used the screen in Amazon HDX since last year. It comes with a resolution of 1900x1200, 7". The Nexus 7 2013 or any tablet basically works as well.

The FOV is better than the DK1 and screen-door effect is largely gone. And it's completely wireless, for about 60€.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.a ... ra-tablets

Right now I'm working on a completely integrated version with a 5.9" screen, with the choice of using both HDMI-in or wireless, for about 200€.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

At which max refresh rate can this display work ?

Return to “Oculus VR”