Could MTBS3D produce a group purchase section

cgp44
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Could MTBS3D produce a group purchase section

Post by cgp44 »

It looks like serious components are available
now but only with minimum amounts say 50 at least.

Would the MTBS3D boys be willing to host some sort of
group ordering facility?
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Could MTBS3D produce a group purchase section

Post by Neil »

How would such a thing work?

Regards,
Neil
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Post by GeraldT »

either one person collects the money from enough interested parties, then orders and then has to deal with shipping the items out ... not seeing this happen on a regular basis

or MTBS could create some sort of order platform, do more or less the same. like having a sort of kickstarter like page where you have an item that is gonna be bought and delivered if there are enough orders for it from forum users.
this would be a very cool thing, but of course a lot of work so you would want to earn money with it and there the trouble starts ...

I think it is a great idea that is just too complex to create for a site the size of MTBS.

If you have a certain item in mind cgp44, then why not try go the first route? you can always ask Neil if it is okay to make a request post in a suitable forum (e.g. "Who would like to buy this 1080p 7" lcd screen for $89 plus shipping so we reach the minimum order amount?")
want to demo the Rift or check it out? click here
cgp44
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by cgp44 »

Mtbs3d could act as an ordering interest centre where products of great
Interest to vr DYI'ers could be listed and the minimum ordering quantity specified.
There are a lot of good stuff available for single ordering, but some items have been
Identified not available to the consumer. Perhaps those who have wanted panel X , thing Y
Could mention them to see what could be purchased.
Once the counter is triggered, action can occur. Mtbs3d could Offer a payment system.
The other half is the distribution system. Hopefully the mounts and size of package could allow a garage based
Operation. Either mtbs3d or a trusted agent could take this role. We have an excellent community here.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

It sounds complex, and I don't know the legal ramifications of something like this.

If you can come up with simple ways for the community to cooperate on something like this, I don't mind. I just don't want to be exposed to liability or a lot of extra effort that would get in the way of my other day to day stuff.

I am open to anything that would leverage our community for positive things.

Regards,
Neil
BrightEyed
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BrightEyed »

It would be kinda neat if mtbs3d could offer something like that, it seams like a whole business unto itself. Why not something like indiegogo.com?

Return to “Oculus VR”