win an oculus rift!

greenknight
Cross Eyed!

win an oculus rift!

Post by greenknight »

I am not sure about the details, but basically all you need to do is answer the quiz questions correctly and you can be entered in a drawing to win a rift. Or, that is my assumption, having been too lazy to read the website or the quiz questions.

If anyone on here reads this thread and wins a rift and you happen to live in the dallas, tx area, do invite me over to try it out!

http://www.pcgamesn.com/pcgamesn-christmas-quizmas-2013
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: win an oculus rift!

Post by Likay »

Kinda proof that the site have no idea of the purpose of the dev kit. Well, well, whatever makes the boat float. :roll:
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
greenknight
Cross Eyed!

Post by greenknight »

Hi Likay.

I bought a rift for pleasure rather than for business, but on second thought got a refund right at the height of demand. I gave up several hundred dollars in profit to take one for the team, but in all honesty, that was dumb. Both buying the rift, and then not capitalizing on it.

Anyway, good luck to whomever wins the rift.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I did not mean to personally put you down or something. I've bought a rift myself but my motive was curiosity and to experience the tech rather than something else. The oculus team makes perfectly clear that the kit is for developer purposes only. The reason is of course the very limited access to suitable media.
If someone announces something like this it's like having a competition with as winning price a car that only runs on a very special fuel and only sends 2 litres of it when someone wins the car... Therefore my objection to it.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “Oculus VR”