Vireio, Mirror's Edge injection and resolution problem

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
jayrat
One Eyed Hopeful

Vireio, Mirror's Edge injection and resolution problem

Post by jayrat »

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate/enterprise 64bit and I am running perception as administrator.

I can never get vireio perception to inject ever. I launch it and choose oculus rift and oculus track but when i boot mirror's edge... i get nothing. I also tried disabling physx and re-enabling physx in-game so that the game would restart and possibly inject but that didn't work. So i followed the steps on "vire.io" and "copied d3d9.dll and libfreespace.dll from Perception into the Mirror's Edge Binaries directory." And that worked but i tried every resolution in-game (widescreen and non-wide) and none of them work good, in most cases i cant see most of the left side of the screen.

Any help in getting the injector to work or fixing my view/resolution so i can actually play the game.

Does it matter if im in cloned mode or dual monitor.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Vireio, Mirror's Edge injection and resolution problem

Post by Neil »

We didn't optimize Mirror's Edge yet. However, you should definitely be in clone mode.

You should also copy all the DLL files.

Regards,
Neil
jayrat
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jayrat »

My monitor runs at 1280x1024 Square and the oc rift is 1280x800. When i play any game should i be setting that game to 1280x800 when using my OC rift.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Both the Rift and display need to be running at the same resolution in clone mode. 1280X800X60Hz is recommended for best results.

Regards,
Neil
deadering
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by deadering »

I can confirm I am able to get Mirror's Edge launched and displayed in 3D, but it is rife with errors.
I look forward to when this game is fully supported!
Angmar3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Angmar3D »

Exact same issue here errors and artifacts, very poor 3d, and no roll tracking it's unplayable what version of vireio was working?

Return to “Development / General Discussion”