Oculus Rift Demo @ Meltdown, London - 4th of December 2013

Chaoss
One Eyed Hopeful

Oculus Rift Demo @ Meltdown, London - 4th of December 2013

Post by Chaoss »

I'm demoing my Oculus Rift development kit (DK1) at the Meltdown gaming and e-sports bar on Caledonian Road in London, UK @ 7pm on Wednesday the 4th of December 2013.

So far I will be showing the following games
*Half Life 2 VR (new updated version)
*Euro Truck Simulator
*AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!
*Strike Suit
*Slender: The Arrival
*Quake 1 - for the older ones or anyone who really liked Quake 1
*War Thunder

...and the following tech demos and experiences
*Malfunction - you have a virtual body and can view yourself in a mirror, it's trippy!
*Rollercoaster
*Alone In The Rift
*Tuscany - The demo that comes with the Oculus Rift
*360 Degree video (using Making Viewer VR), where you get to experience a wingsuit video, a Formula 1 racing video and get to experience flying in a Stearman PT-17 cockpit.

I am as usual open to suggestions, however any games or demoes must have support 'built in' or downloaded as an extra, and not be using any drivers such as VorpX or VIREio Perception to 'hack' support in. This event looks like it's going to be quite busy so you may want to turn up fairly early. I'll be running the demo until closing at around midnight so there will be plenty of time for everyone to get multiple goes!

There will also of course be alcohol, pizza, video games and the other facilities of the bar available!

Directions
By Tube: Caledonian Road Tube Station is on the Piccadilly line (dark blue), take a right outside of the tube station and keep walking until you walk under a bridge. Keep going straight and you will reach Meltdown, it's about a 8 minute walk

By Overground: You will want Caledonian Road & Barnsbury station, take a right as you come out of the station and keep walking until you reach Meltdown

By Bus: You can take bus numbers 17, 91, 259, 274 and the night bus N19 either north or southbound to the Story Street stop. You can take the The 91 from Trafalgar square. From the Southbound bus stop you should be able to see Meltdown, from the Northbound stop take a right and its about a 30 second walk.

By Taxi/Driving/Address: Meltdown London, 342 Caledonian Rd, London N1 1BB

Facebook Event Link: HERE
Chaoss
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Oculus Rift Demo @ Meltdown, London - 4th of December 20

Post by Chaoss »

Updated the op with more information, also a bump/reminder!

Return to “Oculus VR”