An awesome new sharing platform!

Stimmits
One Eyed Hopeful

An awesome new sharing platform!

Post by Stimmits »

Dear fellow developers/VR enthusiasts,

I proudly present you my newest Oculus Rift sharing platform http://www.vrzone.net.

Image Image

You may think it is "just another Rift sharing website", but I think I can make this platform into an awesome pool of the coolest applications, demo's and games for the Oculus Rift. I want to achieve this by letting the community decide which applications/games are trending or hot.

Website features:
- Easy to recognize personal icons
- Different application states (new, updated, trending, hot)
- A "hot" feature (a unique app-state that lets you know that your app is loved by the community)
- Application/game specific pages
- A lot of different rating scores and sorting modes
- A sorting/trending algorithm that will keep the site up to date measuring every statistic value
- Commenting on applications
- Ability to let users post their own gameplay videos
- A "featured" state (developers can activate this state to give their app extra attention once in a while, 1 app you own - every month for a day)
- a lot more...

And everything is ad'-free! I think it is really important to have a fair, clean and non-commercial platform.

Currently I am focused on finishing the member area/login module. When it is finished, developers will be able to claim their own applications/games and customize them to their needs, users will be able to rate/comment and statistics for every app will be send in a daily/weekly email when subscribed (think of: download-count, view-count etc....). This way every developer gets a good feeling for what his application or game is worth to the public.

Before a site is considered "finished" it will need to have a lot of content.

That is where your help comes in ...

The site has a "Submit application" button where you can add your own game or application meant for the Oculus Rift to the library. If you guys could add your own applications/games to the site, that would help me alot in finishing this site into a polished platform.

So please visit http://www.vrzone.net and submit your (or somebody else's) application, demo or game!

Developers can always "reclaim" their app that somebody else uploaded, so they can give credits to themselves, change the app's content, follow it's statistics, feature the app once in a while (new featured state) and push through the latest updates.

Future functions:
  • - Login system
    - Comments
    - Gameplay videos
    - Requesting ownership as a developer of apps posted by non-developers
    - Smart application rating system
    - Uploading multiple screenshots
Feedback is welcome as I intend to make this platform into a daily visit for every developer/rifter!

As I mentioned before the site is still under development. Some weird glitches over time can occur!
Last edited by Stimmits on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
virror
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Help wanted: Creating an awesome Rift sharing platform!

Post by virror »

Looks nice!
Seems like lots of the download links are broken, tried 3 and 2 did not work.
Stimmits
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Help wanted: Creating an awesome Rift sharing platform!

Post by Stimmits »

virror wrote:Looks nice!
Seems like lots of the download links are broken, tried 3 and 2 did not work.
Thanks for the notice! I made sure that the URL's started with HTTP:// but forgot our little friend HTTPS://

Should be fixed now :)

Return to “Oculus VR”