Cant get Vereio working

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
mr12fingers
One Eyed Hopeful

Cant get Vereio working

Post by mr12fingers »

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I can't seem to get vereio working at all. I've tried on 2 different computers with 3 different games (Portal 2, Mirrors Edge, Chivalry).
I've tried everything, searched everything, and no love.

My main box:
Win 7 -64
i7-2600k
16gb Ram
Gforce GTS 450

I've tried using vereio D3D proxy and 1.1 and no luck.
I've updated my drivers as well.
Placed the .dll in the folders, took them out, etc., etc.

Portal 2, starts to launch, shows the back of the guys head and crashes.
Mirrors Edge, I tried switching the physics settings in the video options and restarting and it crashes.
Chivalry crashes as launch.

I also tried running everything as admin on everything and no luck.

Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

edit: I meant to mention I'm using steam.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Cant get Vereio working

Post by cybereality »

There are some older builds available here:

http://vire.io/download/

Maybe give those a shot.

Also, I don't believe Chivalry was ever supported. Portal 2 and Mirror's Edge should work though.
mr12fingers
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mr12fingers »

hey Cyber,

Thanks for the response. Are there any particular versions you recommend my trying. I tried the beta 9 but no luck.
JustJoshin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JustJoshin »

There is also the stereoificator fork. This has less features/compatibility at this time though as I believe they were working on changing the rendering pipeline to render both images in the same frame.

Is vireio still in active development cyber? I got the impression the community had basically continued support via stereoificator?

*Edit:* Just stumbled across this thread announcing updates to vierio itself; http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=18150 . Glad to see vireio is still in development. Not sure then what the fork was intended for / hoping to accomplish if devs are still maintaining and continuing development on vireio . Either way, it's fantastic that there are people working on this.
mr12fingers
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mr12fingers »

Thank you for the reply JustJoshin.
I might try that out.

After messing around a bit more it seems that having "Oculus Tracking" selected under tacking dropdown was causing the freeze on Mirror's Edge.
Thus I finally did get vereio to work but without tracking.

I tried free track but it still didn't track.
I'm not sure what the other tracking types do and can't seem to find anything about them.
Is there another type of tracking I can use or somewhere I can find out more?

Thanks again for all of the input.
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

Regarding tracking, I believe that FacetrackNoir has option for Rift native input, but I haven't tried this yet. I think this does mouse emulation, so not sure if it will work how you need either.
Neil

Post by Neil »

JustJoshin wrote:There is also the stereoificator fork. This has less features/compatibility at this time though as I believe they were working on changing the rendering pipeline to render both images in the same frame.

Is vireio still in active development cyber? I got the impression the community had basically continued support via stereoificator?

*Edit:* Just stumbled across this thread announcing updates to vierio itself; http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=18150 . Glad to see vireio is still in development. Not sure then what the fork was intended for / hoping to accomplish if devs are still maintaining and continuing development on vireio . Either way, it's fantastic that there are people working on this.

Yes, Vireio is still in active development. The team Skypes about it regularly, and fellow developers are welcome to join in.

Regards,
Neil
Fusher
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Fusher »

I'm having exactly the same issues with all games via Vireio latest version. All I get is simple appcrash with d3d9.dll file. Have tried with 9 beta and 1.0.5 version, the same effect. Chosen options were: Oculus Rift with all options for tracking.. let me 'experience the game' ;)

Sys info:
- cpu: I5
- ram: 4GB
- gpu: GT 540M

I have the very similar error as this one in 1.0 version: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... 237#p96074 - difference is that I have errorr in MirrorsEdge.exe not in Perception.exe, and it points to d3d9.dll file.

What I've already done:
- copy all .dll to binaries folder
- start Vireio and set Oculus Rift + Oculus Track
- start Mirrors edge
- go to controlling options, set min value for mouse sensetivity
- go to graphics options, set min values for everything (just in case..) and physX to false to make restart game
- game exits
- and viola, I have that error.

Any suggestions? Similar effect I have with Dear Esther - game starts, gets splash screen, and boom - game crashes.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Did you try "run as admin" for both the game and Perception?
gareth
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gareth »

I have the same problem with L4D2. I have tried all the types of tracking and running both programs as an administrator but this made no difference. I have put the dll files in the /bin folder (i guessed this is the right one?) but this did nothing to help...

I have tried the same with portal but always gets the same result. Game crashes as soon as the E on the valve logo appears behind the guy's head.

I am using

win7 64bit
4GB ram
intel I5

Is it worth trying on this a win xp system?
Fusher
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Fusher »

Yes, I did run both, Vireio and game, as admin.

Edit:
Tried installation on another PC - works fine with DiRT 2 until I installed Mirror's Edge. After that I get appcrash for both DiRT2 and Mirror's Edge. Removed ME and nothing has changed. As I remember, ther was some extra installation before first run of Mirror's Edge - something about directX and MS Visial C++ (looks like 2005 version). Uninstalled that 2005, but still nothing. Of course reinstalling DX in W7 isn't so obvious, and maybe you guys have some better ideas? Before I dig into the registers..
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Return to “Development / General Discussion”