The Fujifilm W3

Matthew
One Eyed Hopeful

The Fujifilm W3

Post by Matthew »

An announcement on this site has said that Fujifilm has shut down their stereoscopic camera page.

What exactly does this mean? Does it mean that they're not producing the W3 anymore? Does it mean that they're not giving any technical support for it anymore? Does it mean we shouldn't purchase it anymore? I've been considering buying it. It's currently the only good stereo camera available for under $200.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: The Fujifilm W3

Post by yuriythebest »

from what I gather they're like "we gave it a shot, meh"

In any case I'd still go for a Fuji W3 - I've owned one for years now and it's awesome - sure the battery life isn't great so it's best to have 2-3 batteries to be safe.
Does it mean that they're not giving any technical support for it anymore?
what sort of support? never needed any - if your camera arrives broken just return it
Does it mean we shouldn't purchase it anymore?
it's still the best camera so far
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Damo3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Damo3D »

I have this camera as well. Its pretty good, the pics are a bit too grainy. But i takes great 3D photos. Too bad Fuji seems to be giving up on it. Wonder if they sell the photo frame still.
Skaven252
Cross Eyed!

Post by Skaven252 »

I guess the 3D camera manufacturers came in a bit too early with their 3D cameras... I have a hunch the popularity of 3D will rise again once the Rift and other low price wide angle 3D HMDs become available and popular.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”