Skyrim convergence way off, SHOCT not coming up

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
linwood88
One Eyed Hopeful

Skyrim convergence way off, SHOCT not coming up

Post by linwood88 »

Just got my rift today, so new to these configuration issues.

Dishonored looks fine, but Skyrim has the eyes pointing out to the sides so each eye sees a different scene, as if I were a fish. I understand that I can use SHOCT, via Ctrl+I to correct this, but Ctrl+I has no effect.

I tried using older versions of vireio and all of them had the same issue and none of them gave me any SHOCT overlay when trying the hotkeys.
linwood88
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Skyrim convergence way off, SHOCT not coming up

Post by linwood88 »

After testing out more games, Borderlands is doing the same thing. It looks like each eye is just seeing a different half of the screen so it doesn't seem like vireio is doing anything, or recognizing the games or profiles. Is there a way to test whether vireio is running for a given game?
Applemung
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Applemung »

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=18251

Follow that link and download the VIREio drivers as stated in point No. 1

I have been having endless troubles with the current build and have been using this one with great success.
It may just be me but the 1.1.0 drivers don't seem to be able to adjust some settings (shift + F2/F3).
I have not yet tried the Beta drivers but I will soon. Too many things on my plate and not enough time.
linwood88
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by linwood88 »

In my case the problem was fixed by copying the d3d9.dll and libfreespace.dll to game's directories.

Having used the rift a bit, it's now immediately clear what it looks like when a game isn't handling rift at all and when it needs to be tweaked a bit.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”