Emagin z800 help

johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Emagin z800 help

Post by johnoliver »

Hi everyone.
I just got mine on April 1st, brandnew item from emagin, I think it's 6.3E version as well. So far I have used it for movie watching(dvd), and the result is not bad.

But I can see a lot of dead pixels...like red or some color dots when the screen is blank...i would say at least 20 dots...is it normall??

By the way, do I HAVE TO use the short VGA cable that comes wtih the unit to produce 3D image in game? Because I used the longer analoge vga cable that I used for regular lcd monitor to replace the shorter one, and I couldn't get any 3d effect even with my stereo driver enable on nvidia card (although the 2d viewing is fine ...ex movies).
And then I noticed that the pins on the cable is different on the one came with the unit and the one that used for lcd monitor. But I can't test it now because I seems to screw my nvidia card with the setting (when I tested the 3d effect last night)and it's broken now (I can't see any image when I turn on my computer) ~ so i unplug my nvidia card and I am using the vga output on motherboard right now...i think i will format my pc later and see if it helps....

could anyone please kindly answer my questions, thanks very much

jACKIE :cry:
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

You shouldnt be getting any dead pixels. Sent it back for repair/replacement/refund.

Every other person seems to have a problem with these (myself included). I wonder if they are properly tested before they are shipped.

The proper cable will work perfectly. I used to run mine witha 2m extension.
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

Hi,
thx for replying &
~so you guys don't have any dead pixel??! Because when I read some review, ppl seems to say dead pixel is unavoidable~ or do you guys all just send them back for exchange?
~altho in game i can't see any dead pixel, but it's still annyoing under some 2d mode, AND it disturbs me that I paid big $$ for this :cry:

Jackie
gisabun
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Dead pixels

Post by gisabun »

Last I checked, on a LCD, it's normal to have a dead pixel here and there as long as you don't have a "large" group of them in one area.
johnoliver wrote:Hi,
thx for replying &
~so you guys don't have any dead pixel??! Because when I read some review, ppl seems to say dead pixel is unavoidable~ or do you guys all just send them back for exchange?
~altho in game i can't see any dead pixel, but it's still annyoing under some 2d mode, AND it disturbs me that I paid big $$ for this :cry:

Jackie
windelfried
One Eyed Hopeful

dead pixel

Post by windelfried »

i also have dead pixels, but it's normal. i'm playing now exacly two years with the emagin z800 and there are absolutely no problems.

but with the time i was getting aaddicted to stereo 3d. therfore i'm currently builing up a planar setting with 27" ( FOV of 70? !!!)
and up to 1920 to 1200 pixel.

i hope that emagin will tape out the promised 1280 to 1024 pixel chip soon.!!!

( conroe 6700 / 4Gb gskill 6400 / asus striker extreme / 7900 gtx )

windelfried

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”