DIY Rift mode skewing issue + warping question

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Alesh
One Eyed Hopeful

DIY Rift mode skewing issue + warping question

Post by Alesh »

Hi,

I know that skewing has been fixed for all rift modes but it appears to still be present in the DIY Rift mode. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? In this mode the warping effect works quite nicely for my DIY rift, while other modes leave me with plenty of wasted black space at the top/bottom. Also I can't seem to find any good reference for configuring warping myself in the .fx files. Could you please let me know which values affect the warping strength and also the way to fully utilize the size of each half of the screen without stretching/squashing the image. Basically I would like to take the best of two modes (Oculus Rift mode with no skewing + DIY Rift mode with nice warping) and combine it into one .fx file that works best for my setup.

Thank you!
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Re: DIY Rift mode skewing issue + warping question

Post by RescueGamer »

In another thread we try to solve this, and as result we obtain a fx file that mostly fix the problems, but we miss some image details on left and right and a bit on top and left too. You can find it on this forum in the thrad "Am I doing something wrong?"
f anyone can help to the users with DIY Rif's with this would be awesome, because without this we can use our hmds very well :S
Alesh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Alesh »

Oops, I totally missed that thread.. Yes, it's exactly what I was looking for. Too bad the issues isn't completely solved yet, but it's still better than what I have a the moment.
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Post by RescueGamer »

Thats right, it's better than nothing, but we need an improvement :S

Return to “Development / General Discussion”