Can't get head tracking to work

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Worldstage
One Eyed Hopeful

Can't get head tracking to work

Post by Worldstage »

I've been playing around with Minecraft and Half Life 2, and wanted to try out newer games like Skyrim and Mirror's Edge, so I just got Vireio installed. Both games show up in split screen mode and in 3D in the Rift goggles, but for some reason head tracking just isn't working.

The games recognize mouse movements, though. I'm running the Perception program in its folder on my desktop; does the package need to be unzipped to a specific location to work properly? I'm setting the Perception program on Oculus Rift and Hillcrest Labs. Running Windows 7 64.

Any idea of what might be causing this, or how to find out what's going wrong?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Can't get head tracking to work

Post by cybereality »

You should be selecting 'OculusTrack' for the tracking. Shouldn't require anything special.
lmimmfn
Cross Eyed!

Post by lmimmfn »

I found that my Rift keeps disconnecting the USB( didnt spend much time investigating, could be a dodgy USB port, but i was using my G25 fine on the same port ), might be worth checking in OpenTrack if its detecting the rift before launching a game, if it doesnt then unplug the USB and plug it back in again and it should work.
Worldstage
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Worldstage »

cybereality wrote:You should be selecting 'OculusTrack' for the tracking. Shouldn't require anything special.
That's gotta be it; I only see options for 'no tracking' and 'Hillcrest labs,' so upon further googling it looks like I'm not using the most recent version. Thanks for the help and the quick response!
Valez
Cross Eyed!

Post by Valez »

Return to “Development / General Discussion”