Problem with 22 " Samsung and E-D Glasses

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Fabian
One Eyed Hopeful

Problem with 22 " Samsung and E-D Glasses

Post by Fabian »

Hi everybody,

I´m a new user at this board and I´m from Germany (I hope you can all understand my English...)
I´ve got some problem about my E-D Glasses (it´s from the company eDimensional and for LCD monitors).
I linked the 22" Samsung SyncMaster 226cw with the dongle and adherent with my graphic card - the first problem I had (and still have yet) is that my lcd is unsteadiness everytime (without the dongle it doesn´t unsteadiness).

I thought I could fix this problem, if I installed the driver 162.50 and the 3d stereo driver with the same no 162.50.
No results.
Second I took the CD from the shutter-glasses into my dvd-rom and installed the software and drivers for it.
I´m very confusing, because the installed software is not v5.0 (which told me the setup)- it is v4.0 (?)
If I started a game the lcd is going to be black and told me "out of annulment)

I have already a shutter glasses for my CRT and it worked fine...

Could you please help me?

Thank you very much

Regards

Fabian
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

were you able to get any 3d effect at all? I've had to ditch my 19' LG for a 19' CRT for them to work... what do you mean by 'unsteadinesses', can you rephrase?

in any case I think your current problem is that your lcd is trying to go higher than its maximum refesh rate, are you using any additional software that can cause this?

the catch with the ED glasses is that while they claim to work with *any* lcd, that "any* lcd must support true 75hz or higher- a very rare thing since almost all just use 65hz as max and have the 75hz just for show.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Ii've never seen any LCD monitor with 75Hz output. Only 75Hz input on the vga port only. DVI maxes out at 60Hz on all LCD monitors i've seen.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Hallo,

do you mean flickering with unsteadiness?
In general LCD and shutterglasses are not a good combination. The ED glasses could work with the ED driver (the one for ATI cards or LCD monitors). You won't get a good result with SG and NV driver on a LCD monitor. You could try out anaglyph (red/cyan) instead. It should work with LCD. IZ3D has a good driver for free which supports anaglyph.

If you still have your CRT, you might use that one instead :?
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Fabian
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Fabian »

Hi,

thank you for your fast answers!

the software which is on the cd installed the programm "eDimensional Controller" which includes 2 buttoms "3D Display OFF" and "3D Display ON". I can switch it to 3D (it´s the same effect, which was possible with the trigger switch on my old shutter glasses (looks near the same as the lcd shutter glasses). I can switch it on 3D but it flickering as the same as in "2D"

I mean flickering with unsteadiness- thank you LukePC1 :P

yuriythebest1 what mean you with the 75hz?

I found some information about my 22 " lcd in the www:

http://monitor.samsung.de/produkte/deta ... 8a41f3f09a

there´re two numbers of the refresh rate:

horizontal: 30 - 81 kHz

upright : 56 - 75 Hz

Thanks again
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Well the quoted frequencies (Frequenzen) are not telling much for a LCD screen. If you were running a CRT they would tell a lot.

The vertical (upright) frequency is the one, which is used for the picture. It means you can get up to 75hz output. That is 75 pictures per second. If you divide it by 2 you have 75/2 left. That is below 40 pictures per second for each eye!

The horizontal one is used to draw a lot of lines. On a crt they can vary, but on a LCD they should be fixed, so they don't do much...

We have a German subforum, too. There are less people, but maybe it would help you (and others) more if you get answers in German :wink:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”