Here a rookie, i need some help, Android to vireio?

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Here a rookie, i need some help, Android to vireio?

Post by RescueGamer »

Hi everyone, i'm from spain, and i'm planing to build my own HDM with and old 7" LCD Screen i have, and i want to be able to use headtracking and make my own oculus rif clone. Frist I want to say that i very appreciate your job, you are great. OK now my question, i want to use my htc one s (android smartphone) to get the sensor data input and use it like freetrack outup and use it with the vireio perception as the oculus rift, i'm connected the phone yet, but with the freetrack script i get "unexpected indent", and i don't found the problem (i'm new, and i have started to program on java some months ago, so i'm not the best programmer). Can anyone help me or tell me if what i want to do is possible?
Thanks to all for your work!, and sorry for my english level :S
EDIT: I realised that would be better use the plugin for vireio and trackIR, but i don't have script for it, anyone can guive me one please? Sorry for the problems :S
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Here a rookie, i need some help, Android to vireio?

Post by CyberVillain »

Thanks for your kind words

This is a big problem with python (The scripting language of FreePIE) :/ It uses tabs as indent, and most online forums etc change the indent so the script does no longer work. Very frustrating and not much I can do about it, but I should put this up in the scripting info on the wiki

Check all indent. What script is it?

edit: Vireio uses its own FreePIE plugin, I think its shipped with the driver, check with the Vireio guys.
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Post by RescueGamer »

Thanks a lot, a saw your script for android vireio, but now i have a bigger problem, freepie does no start, it crashes before estarting, and don't know why, the last time i close it gave me an error, and now i can't start it, i have windows 7 ultimate, any ideas?
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

that is strange, delete settings.xml and layout.config
Sounds like a problem there, very strange tough, could you please check the Windows event viewer for errors?
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Post by RescueGamer »

i solved it! :)
unistalling it and deleting all the program data didn't work, but reinstalling framework and c++ worked! don't know why...thanks a lot for your support, now i will try your script for android-vireio.Thanks!

Return to “FreePIE”