Athlon 1700 + 7600gt + shutterglasses = ???

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
igor221276
One Eyed Hopeful

Athlon 1700 + 7600gt + shutterglasses = ???

Post by igor221276 »

I want to use my old pc for stereo gaming. And i attend to buy from my friend 7600gt at bargain price to get my ed-shutterglasses work. My old computer is athlon 1700xp, 768 mb ram.
The question is: how playable and how smooth will run in stereo 3d older games such as Quake 1-2-3, Shogo, Oni, HL etc on that configuration?
And one more question, may be someone knws the answer. Will ed-shutterglasses work ok if computer is connected thorough KVM switch?
Thank you.
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi igor!

welcome to the board!

do you have a CRT monitor? if you do then the older games shouldnt be any problem. i played quake 3 arena on the K7 700 mhz when i bought my shutterglasses so it should be fine.

regarding the kvm switch, i am not sure, but if the glasses are connected between pc and kvm they for sure work. the question is if the kvm sets them out of syinc but i dont think so since it should only be a contact opening and closing. so my guess is that at 99,9 % it works. not sure if it willwork if the glasses are connected after the switch because i dont know if all pins are forwarded since some are not necessary required for the proper working of the monitor. but before it should work. im afraid nobody tested it before so if oyu test it report us about your success.. :)

cu

igor
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Hi igor221276,
if you have a crt you won't have any problem in running these games, I suggest however overclocking the cpu a bit.
I personally have a 6800gt + throughbred 1800+@ 2100mhz and I can run some games that are from 2006-2007 smoothly at resolutions 8x6 or 1024x768. It all depends on the game. If these are the games you intend on playing you needn't even clock the cpu, the'll run just fine.
You will need however a crt and the nvidia drivers to achieve a good stereo effect and ingame compatibility, because with lcd you have to use edimensional's driver.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

7600gt is a relativly powerfull GPU for that oldish CPU. Maybe the CPU will slow it down a little :roll:

Except from that it should run most not too recent games quite good in S-3D. I'm not shure, how much impact the CPU has, but the 7600GT was running Crysis in low with acceptable frames - but on a (lowend) c2duo.

All I wan't to say, is that you might be able to run games like Cod 2 or maybe FEAR, if the cpu doesn't limit it too much...

@ KVM: this switches only the kables in it, so it shouldn't make problems - at least not, when all lines are still going out of it.
Even a DVI to VGA converter does not stopp the sync for Sutter Glasses :lol:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

That setup will probably work, but don't expect to be playing anything more recent than UT2004 with moderate settings.
igor221276
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by igor221276 »

Thank you all for helpful answers! :)
I got that card this morning, put it into pc and and tried some games. I own 19" CRT so there were no problems. Every game i tried to play ran very smooth. Shogo, Deltaforce 2, 3, MCrae rally 3 and even HL2. And this evening will try Farcry, it was the very first game i ever seen in S-3D and it impressed me so much by its excellent stereo 3D quality. Didn't try strereo thorough KVM switch coz it is still in its way from China, hope everything will be ok :)

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”