Phillips 52 inch 3d display announced

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Phillips 52 inch 3d display announced

Post by chrisdfw »

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/05/phil ... d-display/

I have no idea if this is shutter glasses, polarized lenses, or stand alone 3d...but the 3d world is growing daily.

I wonder when TV will start broadcasting in some type of 3d.
staticbuddha
Cross Eyed!

Post by staticbuddha »

on reading its autostereosocpic, which means no need for glasses. I've been keeping my eye on this little gem (tv) for quite some time now as its been avalible to companys for over a year with a price tag of £6,000.... however they could only purchase upto 42". Check out http://www.inition.com/inition/product. ... ubCatID_=1

It uses the WOW technolgy with is 2D (picutre) plus depth ( The depth is held as extra information in the film/tv program etc) However it also includes 2D to 3D conversion on the fly however I havnt seen this in action but all past attempts like Tridefs havnt really offered a true solution. However Im sure being Philips they will have spent loads of cash on getting this feature to near perfect.

Well I hate to say it (well not really the public and I and surly you have been waiting for a plug and go no glasses 3d tv for years however the public just dont know it) but if this tv is released into the public and its auto-stereosocpic then move over Zalman with the 32" tv and 22" Zalman and iz3d montior. Im sorry you cannot compete with autostereosocpic, however Philips wont be able to match the prices of zalman and iz3d until at least about 2 - 3 yrs or even more so

I really cant stress about auto-stereosocpic and how this will make 3D main stream, Polarisation cannot do this your mum, dad , brother aint gonna wear glasses they just aint that bothered about 3D, however having the option of just pushing a button when you put in the latest film/ console game and being immersed into 3D, well that is possible

bring on auto steroscopic - oh yeah oh yeah im gonna start saving now ..................
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

staticbuddha wrote:Well I hate to say it (well not really the public and I and surly you have been waiting for a plug and go no glasses 3d tv for years however the public just dont know it) but if this tv is released into the public and its auto-stereosocpic then move over Zalman with the 32" tv and 22" Zalman and iz3d montior. Im sorry you cannot compete with autostereosocpic, however Philips wont be able to match the prices of zalman and iz3d until at least about 2 - 3 yrs or even more so

I really cant stress about auto-stereosocpic and how this will make 3D main stream, Polarisation cannot do this your mum, dad , brother aint gonna wear glasses they just aint that bothered about 3D, however having the option of just pushing a button when you put in the latest film/ console game and being immersed into 3D, well that is possible
You are right, however the 42" WoW display sells for $14,000. The iz3D is around $600 and the Zalman is around $700. These products are not even in the same league. Even assuming sometime in the future that the Phillips displays become affordable (lets under $3,000) what makes you think that the polarized 3d monitors wouldn't be dirt-cheap by that time? You can by a bigger Samsung 3d plasma for cheaper than that today. The mainstream might not like glasses, but they certainly won't be spending over $10,000 on a TV, auto-3d or no 3d. Outside of trade-shows and corporate advertising I just don't see the Phillips WoW displays as consumer technology.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”