Projector + LCD screen?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Projector + LCD screen?

Post by Sabre2552 »

Could you project a polarized image onto a polarized LCD screen and wear the appropriate polarized glasses to make an S3D effect? Would this be a practical solution if you only had one projector and did not want to buy a second?
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

It would be a solution, but not a practical one, I think.

- you need special polarized LCD like the Zalman. Normal LCD has only one 'direction', so that only one eye would get light :-(
- You need the same resolution with lcd and projector
- if other things worked you might get a lot of ghosting and a SMALL screen...

I don't think it's a practical solution! The second projector might be cheaper...
Or if you get that (interlaced) polarized ... sheets you could make nearly ANY 2D monitor to a polarized, interlaced 3D monitor :D
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I'm not sure that would work right. Normal LCD screens (TFT, probably others) are already polarized. For example, if I put on shutter-glasses it is almost impossible to see anything my 22" TFT screen. Many screens are matte and not designed to reflect light like a projector screen would. So while it might be technically feasible, you would need a very special LCD monitor, the right polarized filter, a way to somehow match up the screens, all within a very small hotspot. Also, how to do you expect to project a non-warped image onto the screen without your head getting in the way? If you mount the projector above you then the image would be squashed (pin-cushion effect), it just doesn't make any sense.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”