SIGGRAPH 2009, S-3D Gaming Panel, Part V (Complete Panel)

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

SIGGRAPH 2009, S-3D Gaming Panel, Part V (Complete Panel)

Post by Neil »

HD version below:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=136581180798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SO! The game developers have spoken! Will the industry listen? How do you feel about what the game developers had to say?

Share your thoughts!

Regards,
Neil
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Re: SIGGRAPH 2009, S-3D Gaming Panel, Part V (Complete Panel)

Post by martinlandau »

Final thoughts Neil. You said the game developers ultimately want artistic control over thier work and not have display driver people alter thier vision. Taking it a step further, I know for some games I play, dues ex, neverwinter nights, oblivion, etc etc the USER created content far surpassed the original vision the game developers had. So what are going to be the S3DGA stuff related to enduser created stereo3d gaming content? Perhaps I don't want nvidia or habib deciding the end all of my user experiences with certain games, I want to customize, upgrade, change, edit, modify, etc etc to my little hearts content and need the stereo3d content creation tools to do this. What game developer is going to provide stereo3d content creation tools to the end user for their games?
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Very nice conclusion to an awesome panel. I think you asked some hard-hitting questions and got some very intelligent answers. This is a very important milestone, one of many to come, that will legitimize stereo3d in the industry. Things won't change overnight, but for every game developer that gains interest in 3D, it will spread. Especially with market leaders like Crytek paving the way for the countless number of studios ready to imitate their latest creation. Things are looking up.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Martin!

Give a man a cookie and... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (do you know the rest?)

Regards,
Neil
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

I don't know Neil. My dad gave me a cookie once when I was little and I wanted more, so I snuck into the kitchen and found where he hid the stash and snuck out 3 more cookies. He was so mad the next day he whipped me pretty good and my grandma was so sad she got me a whole bag of cookies he never knew about! Turns out my dad was right though, I have eaten way too many cookies and my health suffers and the diabetes is kiling me :(

You know it's like Wil Wright't talk, saying to develop for the hive mind and how Spore was so wonderful because it gave all this content creation power to the users. How the game would work with files from several 3D software tools for making models and such. I tried to talk to him after his speech about S3D being the next leaf on that branch, but there was a line a mile long. Relating to need for speed, one of the greatest things about that game that made me fall in love with the original, they had a toyota supra that was the same car I had in real life, I don't think I would have liked it as much without that - it personalized the game for me. In the new need for speed shift, I am not sure if the MT900 supercar is going to be in there, but that is the virtual car I would like to drive in that game, with all the s3d models done properly. My friends over in Croatia want to add a YUGO, and one of my italian friends wants to add a Lancia Stratos, this makes the game so much more rewarding for the end users. I am going to contact Mr. Mosler and see what he thinks about adding his MT900 to SHIFT.
Neil

Post by Neil »

...he asks for a glass of milk! :mrgreen:

Cool!

Regards,
Neil
fReAq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by fReAq »

Nice job Neil. The part about it taking just a couple of days to prepare the NFS shift prebuild for s3d was brilliant, as was the Tridef setup. Kick ass!
Neil

Post by Neil »

Thanks!

The best is yet to come! Patience! :shutter

Regards,
Neil
Richcom144
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Richcom144 »

I got a question? will the console games work with 85hz projector or will it be able to go 1024x768 120hz I really want to get a viewsonic 3d projector but I dont know if it will be compatible for quality knowing that it doesnt go 720p 120hz. I have a dell2300mp and it only goes 85hz. Please someone respond. btw nice Pane and good questions but can someone answer mine. Thanks
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Richcom, that is a great question. I was there talking to andrew oliver and my impression was right now his game works with dlp tvs that do checkerboard with the xbox or playstation solutions - I think checkerboard is what the new 3d viewsonics do, so hopefully compatible. Perhaps it also works with things like cetain 3d lcd monitors, but that would be speculation on my part. The legend of han tao will be out very soon, why not wait and see what is discussed then? Andrew said there will be a compatible tv list when the game is released - http://www.invincibletiger.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If there is anyway someone can talk to Andrew and ask him to make sure his game works on the viewsonic 3d projectors, maybe that would be productive (hint hint neil)
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “MTBS Newswire”