SIGGRAPH 2009, S-3D Gaming Panel, Part II (Andrew Oliver)

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

SIGGRAPH 2009, S-3D Gaming Panel, Part II (Andrew Oliver)

Post by Neil »

Andrew Oliver, CTO of Blitz Games Studios, demonstrates Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao. He has an interesting story to tell as to how the game came to be!

http://mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/rss.cgi?news_id=332" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Share your thoughts.

Regards,
Neil
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: SIGGRAPH 2009, S-3D Gaming Panel, Part II (Andrew Oliver)

Post by yuriythebest »

nice- but again- why is the video quality so poor (in fullscreen) when compared to previous videos?
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Neil

Post by Neil »

The room was extremely dark. It was moonlight in there!

I'm afraid there was no way around the problem. HOWEVER, go to the actual Facebook page for MTBS3D.COM.

Let me know if the quality is better there. Maybe you can find a way to embed a better quality version?

Regards,
Neil
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Yuri maybe here you can find better quality, they have neils stereo3d stuff plus it seems all the other stereo3d panels too, check it out and let me know.

https://encore.siggraph.org/online/Siggraph/default.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andrew Olivier, Kat Elliott, Neil Schneider, Habib Zargarpour

Computer Animation Festival

Panel

The Masters Speak: Game Developers Weigh in on True 3D Gaming
*Subject to speaker(s) permission

$19.99
Peter Lude, Kat Elliott

Computer Animation Festival

Guest Speaker

The State of 3D for Entertainment in Theaters and Home
*Subject to speaker(s) permis
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Hey, cool video. That Andrew Oliver sounds like a real visionary. Nice stuff.

I have to agree with Yuri though, I think thats the worst video quality I've ever seen. Audio could have been better too. Still watchable, but just barely.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Do me a favor:

Go to our Facebook page (there is a Facebook button on the front of mtbs3D.com).

Then go to the Videos tab of the MTBS3D.COM Facebook page. Then start watching a video there. I think the quality is much better. If we could figure out how to embed this quality of video, that would really help, I think.

Regards,
Neil
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

cybereality wrote:Hey, cool video. That Andrew Oliver sounds like a real visionary. Nice stuff.
Cyber I said it before, Andrew Oliver is a national treasure. He had to be one of the most fascinating people I saw anywhere at siggraph. He is one of those people that is just light years beyond everyone else and his mind is racing at warp factor 11, and there were a lot of really bright, smart people there. I mean think about it, he tells you on that panel he wanted to do s3d gaming on current consoles just for the "challenge" of it. Just to see if he could, that is his mindset, a real visionary! Besides the stereo3d, their idea for the game was well timed I feel too. 2 of my favorite games from my youth was Karateka, and The Last Ninja - and after seeing the demo I feel they have captured the essence of those 2 games for those that remember them. The last side scroller I played that I really liked was some castlevania games, so I am excited about invincible tiger. I would love to see blitz do something like Another World, or Flashback in stereo3d too! What are some other side scrollers people here remember that they would like to see updated to stereo3d? Burgertime, the mario games, elevator action, Impossible Mission, commander keen, jazz jackrabbit, bionic commando, lemmings, the incredible machine, defender, zelda, dark castle, defender of the crown, pirates of the carribean, xenon, ghost and goblins and if someone does "lunatic fringe" from the afterdark screen saver in stereo3d my head will explode! There are so many games I would like to play with updated graphics and stereo3d.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “MTBS Newswire”