MTBS Interviews 3DTV Solutions at Dimension-3 Expo

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

MTBS Interviews 3DTV Solutions at Dimension-3 Expo

Post by Neil »

Check out this interview with Isabelle De Montagu, Business Development Partner for 3DTV Solutions. Very interesting take on S-3D gaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhSfscX7JmQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Neil
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: MTBS Interviews 3DTV Solutions at Dimension-3 Expo

Post by yuriythebest »

nice to see such an innovative company. the seem to have many directions- I hope they are successful. However I don't think autostereoscopic displays are backwards compatible with stereoscopic displays which worries me a lil since if everyone gets an autostereoscopic display you'll need their expensive camera to make even the simplest content. Also I think she's wrong that people don't want to put on glasses at home. Nice interview overall!
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
locjai
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by locjai »

good interview ,nice questions too, especially about the gaming, wow it would be amazing if its possible to interact with the s-3d not just only being able to see it.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Cool interview. Auto-stereoscopic displays sound great in theory, but in reality they create more problems then they solve. Primarily with the new for multi-views (ie more then 2 viewpoints). Some of these screens can have anywhere from 8 to 16 different viewpoints. Imagine a stereo driver having to render a game 16 times per frame. The performance would fall through the floor. It just wouldn't be viable. Likewise the screens wouldn't work with any existing 3d movie on the market. A lot of barriers for entry here. One day I'm sure they will be standard, but we are a long ways from that day.
DavidGhast
Banned

Post by DavidGhast »

A camera that small probably records sd at best, i dont think stereo cinema has much of a threat from the autostereo industry. There would have to be a breakthrough in sensor technology for autostereo to ever break out of the computer.

Oh well, still waiting on my 360 degree autostereo screens...

Return to “MTBS Newswire”