Sensio Accepted As Optional 3D DVD Standard by DVD Forum

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Sensio Accepted As Optional 3D DVD Standard by DVD Forum

Post by Neil »

Is it significant that Sensio has been approved as an optional 3D standard for DVD? Is 3D DVD a reality, or is Blu-Ray the only true battle ground? Do you think there will be additional standards approved by the DVD Forum?

Regards,
Neil
Jadentheman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Sensio Accepted As Optional 3D DVD Standard by DVD Forum

Post by Jadentheman »

Ir doesn't matter as long as every 3d dvd coming out now is true 3d and/or anaglyph but I'd chose the first. As long as it dual 480.

Now 3d blu-ray is different there is yet a standard but we're almost there. Here hoping BDA accepts Panny
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

More standards the better. DVD is still very popular but blu-ray is more promising.
Jadentheman

Post by Jadentheman »

They could do colorcode 3d as the anaglyph and interlaced/side by side for true on one disk DVD can fit theat much now adays
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

Well, I think that the Bluray standard should be true stereo3d. The players could have the different decode options for the formats they are viewed in. There is no reason, i can see, the decoder can't combine the two images into a single anaglyph/colorcode. I don't think having additional formats makes it any more desirable though. It means there's more likely to be bugs in the players that come out as they are having to debug too many codecs.
My 2 cents worth.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Silversurfer »

Neil wrote:Is it significant that Sensio has been approved as an optional 3D standard for DVD? Is 3D DVD a reality, or is Blu-Ray the only true battle ground? Do you think there will be additional standards approved by the DVD Forum?

Regards,
Neil
Hell yes, as the user base of DVD is exponentially higher currently so the potential for 3-D adoption is a better bet with DVD at the moment.

I have a number of tech savvy friends with disposable income who have currently not moved over to Blu-ray because they think that their investments in their DVD collection doesn't warrant an immediate upgrade to Blu-ray high-definition because most of them have got upscaling 1080p DVD player/recorder's as an interim measure.
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Jadentheman

Post by Jadentheman »

the problem with sensio is you need to buy a $1000-$2000 US for the processor unless it not that but a dvd in any player going toa 3d set or it prolly is th elikely HQFS dvd.

Finally bring Captian EO to DVD
nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

Silversurfer wrote:
Neil wrote:Is it significant that Sensio has been approved as an optional 3D standard for DVD? Is 3D DVD a reality, or is Blu-Ray the only true battle ground? Do you think there will be additional standards approved by the DVD Forum?

Regards,
Neil
Hell yes, as the user base of DVD is exponentially higher currently so the potential for 3-D adoption is a better bet with DVD at the moment.

I have a number of tech savvy friends with disposable income who have currently not moved over to Blu-ray because they think that their investments in their DVD collection doesn't warrant an immediate upgrade to Blu-ray high-definition because most of them have got upscaling 1080p DVD player/recorder's as an interim measure.
I think you miss the point, with DVD you would need new hardware, whereas Blu-Ray players have the firmware updates and the raw hardware performance/capability to actually display 3D.

The minimum specs on decode for a blu-ray player are just astounding compared to a DVD player.

Since you would need to buy a new DVD player to see this content anyway, and buy the content, why not upgrade to HD while you are purchasing the new player and content?

This is sidestepping the digital download aspect of it. I don't really want to get hamstrung with all of these arbitrary restrictions on Blu-ray. I have HD capable sets that lack "HDCP", why? No good reason. I won't pay money to be b$tch-slapped by Sony. I am not even talking about backups or moving it to another format, just playing on my display.

With a digital download system you would be able to access content free from HDCP regulations.

If they can get some of the RealD movies (Journey to the Center, and Meet the Robinsons?), then they will have something.

I agree with the video on the front page, excited that we may be past the "anaglyph" phase of 3D TV :D
CAVE, see what all the fuss is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NN5JKlIi0

Return to “MTBS Newswire”