Vadim Asadov Interview, 11/19/08 9:00AM EST

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Vadim Asadov Interview, 11/19/08 9:00AM EST

Post by Neil »

Hello everyone!

Vadim Asadov (BlackQ) is going to be officially interviewed on MTBS next Wednesday morning, 9AM EST with some new things to talk about and reveal. Please ask your questions now so they can be included in the interview.

EDIT: Due to a scheduling conflict at my end, we had to push this off to next week. Please keep posting your questions.

Regards,
Neil
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Vadim Asadov Interview, 11/19/08 9:00AM EST

Post by yuriythebest »

well I think a lot has already been answered in the forums by him already, however I do have one lingering concern about the new glasses- will the output algorithm be changed to accommodate them and if so will you still be able to use old+new glasses at the same time, or is i just the actual glasses and nothing to do with the driver output? Also Very excited to hear about the upcoming news!
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

I'd like to have some fresh info on the 26" model progress.
To know what specs are final and what specs are still subject to change.

Like the different input types :
-2x single link dvi (like the 22" model)
-possible 1x dual link DVI
-possible interlaced input compatibility (for consoles or DVD players using HQFS output)
-possible "dual projector input" (screen doesn't recieves the image in iZ3D's native format and converts it internally on the fly)
-other input types (hdmi, YUV)

The LCD pannel tech specs :
it will very probably be a TN-technology based LCD pannel, will it have :
-a response time in the 5ms class or 2ms class (i know these are not actual response time values but the figures give a rough idea about how fast the monitors react relatively to other monitors)
-contrast (static, not the useless dynamic contrast stuff)
-backlight ? standard or LED ?

And Monitor surface :
will the monitor have a classic matte finish or will you use a glossy filter on the pannel ?
Glossy surfaces look prettier in the shops but cause a lot of reflections, for daily use, I highly prefer matte screen surfaces.

Price range and release date ? any ideas yet ?

------------------------------

For the driver, i also would like to know how the monitor will interact with windows with driver 2.0.
Will there still be the artificial desktop extension for the 2nd pannel with mouse lock or will the driver be able to use the 2nd pannel only when it is actually required and not require windows to assign (useless) desktop space.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

Hi Vadim,

How is correctly page-flipped shutter support coming along? Presumably progress is bring made as you are now charging for the beta shutter release license. The results with the beta BLC algorithm have been successful with older games, but in practice this does not work great with newer titles even with very high end harware.

Can't wait to get proper support for this!

Chris J
XFX GTX 280 XXX,BFG 7900GTX,Q6600,4gbXMS2,3TB RAID,2xWD Raptors,MountainMods U2-UFO Case,1KW Thermaltake PSU, 3x BenQ MP720p,Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound.CrystalEyes 3,6 wireless ED w/ hipower emitter.
budda
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by budda »

Hi Vadim,

I wanted to ask about the rendering of the actual output image for S-3D, and whether drivers can play a part with this suggested idea.

It seems each pixel of the display is normally rendered as if it is a single point within the scene.

Instead, is it possible for each RGB subpixel to be displayed as distinct red, green or blue points in the scene - as opposed to merely being displayed as the RGB components of a single pixel point.

This may subtley assist in the 3D visualisation of the scene, as it would create extra image detail at the same resolution of the existing display.

Thanks. :)
budda
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by budda »

Hi Vadim,

I have returned.

Neil described the background of IZ3D in the gamecyte article - part 3 :

NS: I have to give credit to IZ3D. IZ3D was formerly called Neurok Optics, and they were previously into the medical imaging business, but they really saw a big opportunity in gaming – as did we all. I had called a number of manufacturers – and I’m not going to name names – who said no, no, no, no no… IZ3D said yes. I explained exactly what I wanted to do, and how I wanted to do it, and I insisted that we were an independent organization who would work with whomever we want and put whatever content we want, and they said “Neil, you just do what you have to do. Make it happen.” It was a golden opportunity for myself and for the industry, and we’re very thankful to IZ3D.

IZ3D has a heritage based in medical imaging.

Like medical imaging, the "RED EYE SHUTTERGLASSES METHOD" produces high contrast, high resolution, monochrome and ghost-free stereovision. As such, I believe it would be appropriate for IZ3D to include it as a stereo viewing option in its driver.

The best way to think of the "Red Eye Shutterglasses Method" is to visualize a red helium-neon laser hologram, but without the speckle effects.

I believe it would be useful both in industrial applications and for gaming. It makes the detail very vivid.

As described previously, http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 879#p10879 this method should be very easy to implement at the driver level. All it really needs hardware-wise are shutterglasses and a decent CRT monitor. It is simple to implement and use.

No other company has a driver to support this method properly. All you need to do in software is switch green and blue off and convert the red channel to monochrome greyscale.

Furthermore, this approach is expected to have some life in it. Apparently, the Displayport standard will support VGA into the future, with greyscale bit depths of 10, 12 or even 16, as opposed to only 8 now. An analog monitor can already support these bit depths.

The "Red Eye Shutterglasses Method" already works very well with legacy CRT technology and old drivers, and is way better to look at in stereo than red/blue anagliph. It just needs some user-friendly driver implementation and calibration.

Please consider this and share the joy with others in the 3D scene.

Thanks. :D
Last edited by budda on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

right, can I confirm that unlike with your 17' model when the 22' model was released, upon the release of the 26' model you will also continue manufacturing and releasing the 22' model?
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

Due to a scheduling conflict at my end, we need to push this interview to next week. Best things come to those who wait!

Please keep posting your questions.

Regards,
Neil
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

can you see this dictator! :twisted: he shifted my interview :shock:

don't worry - I'm just kidding :D hope I can bring more information for your guys too!
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

Vadim,

here are my questions:

1. Would stereoscopy-aware 3D applications benefit from having realtime control over separation, convergence, mono trigger etc. at the API level, or it's OK for them to simply follow basic conventions outlined in stereoscopic programming guides?

2. I know that most 3D developers can't be bothered to test their games in S3D, but if they did... Would there be any benefit of providing application developers with an industry-wide application profile or manifest format that would replace OEM-specific driver profiles?

3. If Direct3D API/runtime were stereoscopy-aware, would it allow for optimisations that are not possible to implement at the driver level?

4. Have you tried to approach Microsoft/Khronos and talk about supporting stereoscopy at the core level of the API?

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”