iZ3D Needs Your Input

threeD
iZ3D Developer

iZ3D Needs Your Input

Post by threeD »

Hi All!

So I'm the new guy at iZ3D doing what I can to make 3D gaming a reality! We're very grateful to the MTBS community, and we have a lot of exciting stuff in the works and need to spread the word (for example we recently released our Version 1.09 driver and this week reached a new price milestone getting the monitor to under $400!).

My thanks in advance for your feedback on something and so I'm hoping you can answer a few questions for me. I want to make sure we are on the right path!

Answer any or all.

1. Which websites do you use when you're researching 3D software or hardware?
2. After you do hardware research (like for a monitor!) do you buy online or at a store?
3. Which websites do you use when you're ready to buy games, systems, and gear?
4. How frequently do you replace your monitor?
5. What gets you to click on a banner (ex. is it the Offer? Image? Reward?)?

Regards,
Bob
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Re: iZ3D Needs Your Input

Post by VadersApp »

Hello Bob,

my german is much better than my english, so i only want to say hello and welcome to you and give some answers:

1. mtbs3d.com, iz3d.com, stereo3d.com, nvidia forums, vuzix.com
2. only online
3. for games its steam or other direct2drive systems. For hardware its several price watch system, then its most important that it will delivered the next day.
4. if its good 2 years, if it has problems 0.5 - 1 year.
5. nothing, i hate advertising, especially if its hidden like a button, that looks like part of the site or popups where you have to search for the close button.
If you want to advertise with banners, make sure that its making clear what you want to sell and promote the advantages if the customer is buying.
Your product has many advantages which others don´t have. You don´t have to lie :wink:

(BTW S3D Support for GTA4 would be awesome :wink: )
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

1. If you mean 3D as in stereoscopic 3D, I would say MTBS3D and google but there's not much to search.
2. I'll admit that I buy mainly online, especially if I want a lot of choice and what I specifically want is not sold in a local store. If I want to buy something generic like a cheap keyboard or mice, I buy local. I bought my last monitor (BENQ G2400W 24 inch) on an online store as that specific monitor had been recommended to me on a forum I visit.
3. ncix.com, amazon.ca, and price search engines for Canada. NCIX will pricematch any canadian online store that has the product in stock so I usually do a search to find cheaper deal elsewhere and buy at NCIX.
4. Very rarely. Mosty when it fails or when I want a bigger one.
5. The website on which it is shown and what's written on the banner. I sometimes click the banners on mtbs3d to see what they are about. If it's banners about products, I only click them if I'm looking for that type of product. There's another forum where I got to that usually has banners of video cards and processors. I rarely click them because I don't upgrade those components often. On top of that, I'm in Canada and I'm not interested in seeing advertisements for stores in the USA or Europe as it is useless to me.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

koshien
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by koshien »

Hi!
1. mtbs3d.com, ******.com, geosoft.it (make them sell your monitor without their added software if the consumer doesn't want it, and at a better price... I might buy an iz3d monitor from them next year) and vidimensio.eu/web (but prices are too high...and there is not iz3d!)
2. Both, depending on the price. I don't mind buying online if it seems to be a serious website.
3. Play.com, blahdvd.com, sometimes I buy used games at ebay or at gamestop if they have good offers.
4. Very Rarely...
5. Once there was this pop up banner on a website I was visiting and it wouldn't stop bothering me... so I clicked on it and it brought me to its youtube video (it was the commercial of a recent movie). I gave it a poor evaluation without even watching it... whatch out with banners :wink:
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

1) whatever teh result of google is, youtube has good reviews
2) online
3) steam, hrw.it, tecnoram.it
4) depends on lifetime
5) nothing. i hate them. i only click if i know the site and if i am interested to go there.. never for curiosity
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

1. mtbs.com, VR Geek Blog ( http://cb.nowan.net/blog/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ), IZ3D, Nvidia, stereoscopy.com and various review sites

2. Online after I see it in a store. iZ3D was an exception to the rule.

3. Amazon and GoGamer for games. Newegg for hardware

4. When it starts to fail.

5. Absolutely nothing. I do everything possible to block ads and banners with Firefox addons.
Last edited by Znith on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

1: mtbs might give hints but i most often use a search engine.
2: Online purchases mostly. Both for hardware and games.
3: Megastore for games/movies. Pricerunner and similar for finding links to hardware shop.
4: Very seldom. Lets say i use it about 7-8 years before changing.
5: Nothing will have me click a banner. Internetexperience.....

Thus all folks!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

1. MTBS3D, Nvidia stero3d sub-forum, google
2. Buy online
3. Amazon.com, NewEgg.com, google shopping search
4. When I get a new computer (every 3 years)
5. Text-only ads work well.
Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

1. MTBS3D is about the only reliable S-3D information site that I have found.
Google search some things too. My searches are usually something like
"xxmanufactuereXX 3d monitor review".
2. Online. Since I don't have any quality computer retailers in my area.
3. Newegg and Amazon. Unless the manufacturer has a good price.
4. Once every other year.
5. I try not to click on any banners. Never know where the link might take you.
I think its better to advertise in press releases and reviews that are google
searchable.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

threeD wrote: 1. Which websites do you use when you're researching 3D software or hardware?
2. After you do hardware research (like for a monitor!) do you buy online or at a store?
1 : for 3d : mtbs3d, nvidia forums, for other stuff : hardware.fr, clubic.com, matbe.com, tomshardware/presence pc (french localized association of two websites)
2 : mostly online because of lower prices, but if there is no difference i go to the physical store.
3 : i mostly buy physical games at any local video game store, ecept if i can get a really interesting price online, but it's rare. for hardware, i use some of the franch based internet stores that have a good reputation. (mostly ldlc.com and materiel.net) Or look through comparing websites for the reputation of the other shops.
4 : rarely... one every 5 years or longer.
5 : seriousness (respectability) of the ad (i won't click a totally silly ad), and it highly depends on my interest on the content and my readyness in buying new stuff.
Sometimes jokes help, other times jokes make me hate the ad.
In any case, never use ads with automatic sounds (if you need sounds, mute it by default and add a sound on button)
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
Kenneth
Cross Eyed!

Post by Kenneth »

Hello.

1. 3D only http://www.mtbs3d.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (non 3d www.computerbase.de)
2. Both. But rather in the shop
3. Games on www.amazon.de, Hardware www.alternate.de)
4. 1-3 Years. If there bigger or better in 3D as i actually have. And affordable < 400 Euro = 515US$
5. Nothing. Only the close Button. I want what 'I have to google search...

THX for gratefull drivers :mrgreen:
I wait provide a iz3d buy in Germany or test can be.
TV - Samsung 63" 3D Plasma (PS63c7790 GERMANY)
Monitor - 22" Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W
GPU - 470GTX Palit Own PCB / reference Clock
OS - Vista32
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

1) MTBS3d.com, Engadget, Gizmodo, Tomshardware
2) Usually Store- Fry's or Best Buy- Sometimes I'll go to Ebay if I want it used or refurb.
3) Gogamer, Ebay, Tigerdirect, frys.com, bestbuy.com
4) Every 4-6 years
5) A banner would have to be really geared toward the web site I am on and be informative and not flashy...but I usually don't click on them.

If IZ3D really wants to impress me, they will try to modify a single 1024X768 or HD resolution or higher DLP projector to handle 120 hz like Infocus did with the DepthQ but keep the price reasonable and not 5 or 6k.

I have no urge to play 3d on a monitor smaller than 42inches and prefer projectors.

Thanks!
Hugo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hugo »

1. mtbs3d, nvidia stereo-forum, google
2. both
3. steam, amazon, alternate, ebay
4. depends on lifetime or new features like 3d
5. very seldom i click a banner - it must be very interresting
i would click on '... iZ3D in Germany available ...'
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

This survey makes sense and does not have silly and moronic type of questions that gives the feeling why should I waste my time answering it. So, good luck with the marketing plan:

I use Amazon, Google -
For 3D related purchases I used to consult with stereo3d.com web site but it has been idled for a long time, MTBS is now another source of 3D info.

Online majority of the times. 90% I think.

Amazon, Costco for most
Ebay for less valuable items.

Only when they no longer function, from couple years to 5 years based on past MTTF of my CRTs.

Information. Only interesting information will get me click on a banner. Contrary to advertizer's belief, offers and rewards are the main reasons that prevent me from clicking on a banner.
Last edited by distantreader on Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

Anandtech.com, Guru3D.com, MTBS3D.com, nVidia.com, VR-Zone.com

Online 99% of the time.

3. eBay (best deals for a very tight budget, I don't need warranty, and I don't care if there are scratches and dents, as long as it works and is 25-50% price reduced.)

Newegg if they have the right product (price/performance, and Google doesn't offer a better deal.) Other than that is second-hand stores.

Fry's is my next favorite choice, but is 80 miles away.

I go to Sam's Club and Walmart,

Sometimes Best Buy, Circuit City to see monitors in person (but last time at BB with 5 salesmen on phone w/girlfriends and every monitor at Vista Defualt, including 30" 1920x1200 models, and the "gaming rig" had 1280x960 for NFS Carbon on a 1280x1024 screen, eww.)

4. Next to never, only buy high quality (have a pair of Hitachi branded Planar 17" that I bought from eBay broken and repaired with parts from a third, $150 total for all three on eBay. You could only get me to upgrade by offering better image quality and 22" or more for ~$200, 3D I am afraid can't cost more than $300 for me, and I don't even have the money for that. If I was working I would probably jump on the $399 monitor from you guys, but sadly unemployed for 2 years.)

Click on a banner? Only if I recognize the product or the corporation name, if there is a full URL in text on the banner I feel a lot better about typing that into Google or the Address bar on my own. I have FlashBlock or AdBlock + installed on most of my computers because of insidious mouse-over popups.

Too much useless Flashing/Movement and I am turned off (see below for a good moving banner idea). I like a professional ad with words, firm prices, and the corporation's full address (EG: http://www.iz3d.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and preferably as a normal clickable or copy-able text link).

I think you are doing pretty good so far with your links, if you can get permission to use a recognizable game (maybe a racing sim like Live For Speed) it might help. Live For Speed with a head track demo on an open Track car like the BMW F1 would be a killer banner. I built a freetrackIR with 6DOF and tried out the LFS, the only problem was the lack of feedback on slip angle and direction when the viewpoint isn't locked to a car, can't really fix that though, it looked awesome when I wasn't driving by "feeling" the track barrier :)
CAVE, see what all the fuss is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NN5JKlIi0
wnielsenbb
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by wnielsenbb »

MTBS3D is about it.
Fry's Electronics if they have a good sale, otherwise Newegg.com.
Gamespot for game reviews. Hardocp.com for hardware reviews. Newegg for purchasing.
every 2 years. I have a 37" monitor and am waiting for a good sized iZ3d monitor to replace it. :) Mostly lately though I have been playing on my projector sitting 7' from a 120" screen. About ready to get a second projector and do polarized 3D with the iZ3D drivers.
I like information relative to what I am looking at. A url is awesome. no "you are a winner!" junk :@
prices are good. If I saw a banner ad saying 'iZ3D 28" Monitor $499' I would click it really fast. :)
Warren.
anotherFrench
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by anotherFrench »

I think mtbs is the best place to find those informations, too bad we don't have such an active comunity in france, hardware is verry hard to find there..
I started a topic on a french forum to try centralize some informations so I spend much time searching the web for more infos but till now I found nothing as helpfull as mtbs

I would preffer to buy at a store but it's almust impossible in france.

french sites

the only "on the cheap" way to play in 3D I found was to keep my crt screen that I use with edimensional glasses, so I almust never replace it.

mostly I'll click only if I know the site this banner is refering to.
http://tls3d.fr le site de Toute La Stéréo 3D

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”