NVIDIA 162.50 Stereo Beta Thread

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

NVIDIA 162.50 Stereo Beta Thread

Post by Neil »

How is this driver working for you? Post your specs and feedback.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to test them because the 162.50 Forceware drivers (nothing to do with stereo) don't work well on my setup at all. They make my monitor flicker for some reason. I've informed NVIDIA of the problem.

This is unique to my graphics card, though.

Regards,
Neil
Last edited by Neil on Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
sharky

Post by sharky »

i got no results.. just a driver chrash with a res of 300x400 and 16 colors and then a pc crash..

i ahve a 8800
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

kapi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kapi »

Damn i will try tomorown on my xp testing config, my big deal is i need an unified driver for using my two gfx cards, for now i could manage 162.18+162.15 to work perfect on my win 2003+7600 gt since 162.18 wdm a lot of improvement some game that not worked work, only one doesn't want to start it's bf2142.

BE CARREFULL :
162.50 forceware drivers Crashed hardly my test config, tried no fail mode etc.. nothing worked even recopy old drivers manually in goods dir, the only thing i could do it was a restore from a backup i made before so test on a trash backed up config, for the 162.50 stereo it work ok with 162.18 but i don't see any improvement some games could be managed with dual core on, but crash if you use activate stereo shortcut. Nvidia you s.....
Windows XPSP2+2003server(Vista Suxx)
C2D E6600@3+4 gb Gskill Extreme
Gigabyte DS4 N650i SLI
Axxyon 680w PSU+Antec 900
8800 GTS320@550/850 WITH NO F**** STEREO DRIVERS
7600GT in no Sli Mode 163.76+162.50
Icuiti VR920 Hmd
22 IIYAMA LCD Monitor
loublues
One Eyed Hopeful

No Luck

Post by loublues »

My little trial:

The 162.50 drivers work fine for me but on activating the 162.50 stereo drivers, launching test app, medical image, etc. I get a BSOD or black screen every time with hard reset needed.

8600gts, 3500+, A8N SLI SE, XP home...
Slin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Slin »

The 162.50 drivers work fine for me but on activating the 162.50 stereo drivers, launching test app, medical image, etc. I get a BSOD or black screen every time with hard reset needed.
Same here-.-

8800gts, P4 3.2ghz, XP Home

Edit: The Testapp worked but with about 1frame per 10seconds, no stereo effect (at least it seemed so) and my computer was frozen with a blackscreen when I hit esc to quit.
loublues
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by loublues »

Actually I had the same thing one time with the test app - forgot till you mentioned it.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Could someone with a 6 or 7 series card do some testing?

Neil :?
kapi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kapi »

I done with my 7600 gt, stereo drivers has no problem but nothing new, more stable on dual core on but if you use ctrl+t to activate deactivate it freeze, sometimes it restart after few seconds, sometimes big freeze need a reboot, forceware for me crashed my config bsod at start may be cause stereo drivers was started after install, didn't retry more bored to restore my backup....
Gigabyte DS4 N650i SLI
Icuiti VR920 Hmd
22 IIYAMA LCD Monitor
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

I have a 7900 GT. I have a single processor cpu.

I installed 163.44 forceware beta drivers with 162.50 stereo drivers.

The medical test and the NVIDIA test application both work fine.

I tried the drivers in BioShock. CTRL+T works. It does not freeze or cause a reset of the computer. I can't get this game to work in S-3D. I get 2D with separation.
kapi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kapi »

"I have a 7900 GT. I have a single processor cpu."

You said magic words (1 cpu and 7xxx), it work well with old gfx cards and cpu, it seem nvidia forget to upgrade their hardwares, they live in the past...... :roll:
Gigabyte DS4 N650i SLI
Icuiti VR920 Hmd
22 IIYAMA LCD Monitor
mrbluesguy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mrbluesguy »

Same here.

Running AGP 7800GS and single core
163.44 Forceware Beta + 162.50 Stereo

CONTROL PANEL ISSUES
Antialiasing in driver panel cannot be set to Application Controlled.
Anistropic filtering cannot be set manually, always reverts to Application Controlled

so far tried three games

Switchball - runs perfectly with all options enabled
Stereo Texture Enabled
Convergence = 1
(ps for anyone who hasn't tried this game, it's well worth it. On Level 4 - Cloudworld, there are some beautiful glass distortion effects that work perfectly in Stereo)

Flight Simulator X - runs well but with known issue of runway lights and sun always being rendered at screen depth

Colin McRae DIRT - no longer works in Stereo
This ran well before with 93.71 driver combo using Kinddragon's util and all effects enabled except shadows
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

I still have the same drivers and system as my last post in this thread. I'm having a problem with these drivers. I can't say for sure if the problem came out with these or if I already had it before. I would need to try the older drivers again.

The problem is that every 1 to 5 seconds, the top 1/4 of the screen wobbles and the glasses turn off for a fraction of a second. By wobble, I mean that the top 1/4 part of the screen moves a bit to the left or the right for a fraction of a second. It only does it when the NVIDIA stereo driver uses the DDC type. This graphical glitch does not happen with the anaglyph type or the Direct 3-Pin DIN VESA Connect type.

I tried to use the activator to see what it would do. With it, the glasses don't shut off but the glitch still happens as often and eventually, it causes the eyes to swap.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

162.18-FW + 162.50-S: 8800GTX on one core.

tested with dual projector setup (Dual vga).

Medical and test app runs but with no stereoexperience. Only flicker. However: When i change the refresh rate to the beamers the flickering alters a bit. Still no stereo though. At 140 Hz i have some kinda waveing effect lol.
HL2 crashes to desktop with that nv4disp...yadayada msg and 4-bit colors just like older drivers i've tested. Also managed to freeze my comp totally after that (however my comp is very easily freezed these days. Need a new fresh win install).
Sonic Heroes in stereo. Game doesn't crash but there's only flickering and no experienced stereo effect. Can change stereosettings (convergence and separation) but cannot be adjusted to minimize the flickering. No flicker at no separation though.

ps: In all these newer drivers for the 8800 there makes no difference in the way it looks when turning on stereo using either DDC-glasses-setting or dual vga. It looks exactly the same on my projectors. Might only be support for shutterglasses even when choosing an other option.

Now my 8800 goes back into my bookshelf.. lol

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Jirkas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jirkas »

Blast It! Whith nVidia corporation!!!!!!!!!! I am PISSED AND despairing!!!!
i HAVE ALSO 8800 gtx in BookShelf..........
George from Prag
sprout
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sprout »

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum.

Would like to test these drivers, but I only get the option for Anaglyph stereo type...and I don't have any red/blue glasses :?

162.15 did the same. Am I doing something wrong or is this just an issue with the driver?

I think, tho, from what I can tell without glasses the test app and medical test image are rendering properly, so that's encouraging...

I have a 6800GT w/ amd dual core.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Working on it! :wink:

Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Hi Neil a everybody else having trouble with getting the classic panel back. I've read and copied these lines from somewhere else and i always use all these values (in regedit) to change to the classic view and that have never caused me any trouble:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
"ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
"TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:00000002
"CplGroupUIPolicy"=dword:00000003
"SedonaDisable"=dword:00000000

If that doesn't work, check the "show all viewer types" value as well. If somebody have that issue, that line can be added here too. Just let me know!

bwt Neil: Do you know if Nvidia over all plan to catch up stereodrivers again or have they dropped the stereoability once and for all? I mean: When you try newer forcewares you always have to do the registry trick but this could simple enough be done in the installer or even better: Also be implemented in the new panel.

cheers
Xerion
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Xerion »

I was wondering what the sedonadisable key was for, as it's missing here. Apparently when it's set to 2 it brings back the option to switch to classic panel (like there used to be for a while during transition). Set to 0 as you have it wouldn't have any effect.
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
Neil

Post by Neil »

NVIDIA is cooking something up, don't worry!

Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Ok. Neil. I figure they're too busy just like the ms guys to get vista going. That's understandable. Most computers are selled with vista and of course they want those new customers to be satisfied. hehe.

To Xerion: I haven't tinkered too much with these values. It simply brings back my fave classic panel with the stereo settings and that's good for me hehe. I tried googling but didn't find the place where i originally found it sorry.

cheers
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

Neil wrote:NVIDIA is cooking something up, don't worry!

Neil
Tell them to nuke it and get whatever they are cooking out of the crockpot (slow cooker). :lol:
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

The stereo OSD seems to work in this version of the drivers. The following information about how to activate the stereo OSD comes from a website about the NVIDIA stereo drivers :
Start the Windows Registry editor at c:\windows\regedit.exe
- Choose: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> Software --> NVidia Corp --> Global --> Stereo3D
- Select edit -> new -> DWORD
- Create new entry: StereoOSDEnable
- Set DWORD to 1
In some previous drivers, I think it was the 93.71 stereo drivers, on my 7900 GT, changing any stereo setting (seperation, convergence, etc) while the OSD was activated in the registry produced a blue screen. It seems to be fixed in this version.

This OSD is very useful because it helps to adjust the separation, convergenge, frontplane and backplane. It's especially useful for the front plane and backplane because without the OSD, you have no idea if they are moving and if they are moving in the correct direction.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Going to check it out a little bit more. The only thing showing when altering values is separation. Then i have an indication on the screen. Not with convergence or any other settings.

cheers
coolnesscat
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by coolnesscat »

I do have the classic control panele to adjust the stereo, but there is no way to select I/O page flip DDC VGA Glasse in 3d stereo there is no more pull down menu to select the viewer types . it only shows Analgyph as being available for 162.15 162.18 and 162.50 all the same anaglyph only I have seen someone else say the same thing. can smeone please help! how do you enable I/O mode?
PLease help!
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

Seriously, stop posting the same question all over the board.
You have 4 posts, all are identical :) Don't.

Afaik, there is no solution to your (and mine/others) problem regarding the drop down menu. A few of us have searched around and can't find a solution for it.. I probably changed every stereo3D registry setting I could find, and as Likay said, I think it is purely a hardware recongnition error.

You'll have to wait, patience is an important virtue for the stereo 3d gamer, believe me :)
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I could use I/O page flip DDC VGA Glasse in 3D stereo when I installed:
163.71 FW + 162.50 3D
I also changed a few values in the registry:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies] "ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
and (from Likay's post):
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
"ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
"TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:00000002
"CplGroupUIPolicy"=dword:00000003
"SedonaDisable"=dword:00000000

The 3D was ok in Virtual Skipper 5 and rFactor and ArmA (no shadow problems), but the shadows in Battlefield 2 was wrong so I went back to the 91.31 combo - too bad. I use eDim shutter glasses and have a 7800GS+, XP and a single core CPU.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Hey I had the same experience with some driver above 162.xx combo and BF2...
the shadows are completly wrong! On top of that another game went totaly wrong (Flatout2?)
so I moved back to 94.xx or something like that... They are all very much alike. But there is a diference betwen 16x.xx and 9x.xx...

At least the current setup is working for some games :wink:

But completly new, working drivers are a dream...
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
prometeomail
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by prometeomail »

Hi coolnesscat,

I had the same problem and I managed to fix it. In my case I use two monitors (LCD+CRT) and when I installed the stereo drivers my primary monitor was the LCD. It seems somehow that when you install it it detect that you are using a LCD and therefore it disables verything but ANAGLPH. Wahat I did is to select my CRT as primary, deactivate the LCD and reinstall the drivers. Now it works perfect, however when I set the LCD as primary if I launch the controll panel it disables the stereo again.

What is your set up?

By the way Im using 7600GT and dual core and stereo seems to work perfectly.
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

Interesting Prometeomail!

So, my issues with my DVI connected projectors, could perhaps be simply solved by connecting them by D-sub cables instead of DVI.. or at least 1 of them, and make that one primary. It would not be able to use the recognition (that is only when using DVI right?) and allow me stereo3D..

Sweet.. don't have a 10m vga cable atm, but I may try soon.
prometeomail
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by prometeomail »

At least for me if I open the control panel with my LCD (DVI connected) everything but anagliph is disabled.

Good luck!
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

162.50 works PERFECT with all games I?ve tried on my computer (not a lot of games, but all works very well). I?m using the last nvidia WHQL driver 163.75 with this.

I?ve Nvidia 7800 GTX 256mb + AMD64 X2 dual core, and I use Windows XP 32bits. I need nHancer to put SINGLE CORE in general settings tab (If I use dualcore most of games crash my computer when I press ctrl+t). I do not notice fps decrease with single core configuration and all stereo games works fine (with this you are not disabling 2? core in Windows, only the nvidia graphic support for 2? core, I suppose).

I?ve tested:
- Doom3: best combo I?ve tried. Good framerate. Perfect HUD.
- Oblivion: very good (you must edit oblivion.ini, and change de water file, of course).
- F1 Challenge - rFactor: perfect.
- GTR2: perfect.
- FEAR: perfect, but I loose HUD (it?s not as good as doom3).
- Blade of darkness: perfect using Opengl render (directx gives a poor stereo feeling).

I suppose that most directx or opengl games will work as good as these.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I'm running 162.5stereo + 169.09beta with success on my dual projector rig and it works quite ok! 162.50 and 163.75 is also running. if i connect the iz3d i loose all but anaglyph option in the stereo driver. Reverting back to the beamers gives me back the other options. With some combo back in the days with these newer drivers i only had anaglyph as option even with my beamers though (don't remember which ones though). So it seems like Nvidia hasn't dropped the line and hopefully they gonna waste some more of their magic black powder on stereo in a soon future. :mrgreen:

Maybe it might be time to switch to the 8800 card to try the new drivers soon. :D

cheers
subwoofa
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by subwoofa »

Changing my monitor size seems to have no effect at all on stereo separation.

:(
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Xerion wrote:I was wondering what the sedonadisable key was for, as it's missing here. Apparently when it's set to 2 it brings back the option to switch to classic panel (like there used to be for a while during transition). Set to 0 as you have it wouldn't have any effect.
Hi Xerion,

Did you get any red ghosting on your xr10x, and if so how did you fix it? I got a problem with this :(

Thanks,
Chris J
berno
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by berno »

Hi!

i'm running a "new" setup with a dlp-projector and shutter glasses with 7800gtx sli (162.50/162.50) -> perfekt in many games

but.. The problem is that the glasses are shuttered incorrect. i have to use the galsses backwards. (L/R swapped)
My Problem is probably caused by the benq dlp but i hope to get it fixed via software.
any chance to modify the drivers reg or somewhere?

im using 2 different cheap old glasses and an simple unknown vga-passthrougt emitter which can autop flip sides of the glasses if they miss an impulse but its always wrong on the projector.
with the old GF6800 setup it worked perfekt on CRT with same glasses.
i just don't like to modify the cables by now.

thx if anyone knows a fix in the 162.50 drivers or can tell me that it isnt possible on the software side because of..
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Go to e-dimensionals website and download their activator program. You can select "resynch" once you start up the game. Worked well for me when i was using a pageflipped projector..
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
berno
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by berno »

Go to e-dimensionals website and download their activator program. You can select "resynch" once you start up the game. Worked well for me when i was using a pageflipped projector..
thanks, i tryed it but with no effect, which settings do you set exactly? pageflip, any other settings?
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

right click on the icon displayed in the lower right hand corner of the screen and select properties. Set a hot key that you will remember and then use the hot key while you are playing a game. It has been a while...but i don't think i had to do anything else.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Wasn't there an option to reverse L&R? I think the reason you need to do this, is, that the DLP is somewhat slower (or faster?) than a crt, so the glasses have to be reversed - or to be worn upside down
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Trying to wake a few tired brain cells here... I think if fixed this problem with my Infocus X2 when i mounted it on the ceiling. I had to go into the setup menu of the projector because the picture needed to be flipped vertically and left to right. After this it performed flawlessly without the need for the ed program. It has been a while though. May want to check on stereo3d.com web board as there is a huge thread there regarding projectors...
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”