New MTBS Logo VOTE! Much BETTER, I Promise!

This website is for our members. Do you have some design ideas? Are there features you would like to see? What additions would drive this site forward? POST YOUR IDEAS HERE!

Let's try this again! Which one do you like the best?

Option 1
60%
Option 2
No votes
Option 3
20%
Option 4
20%
Option 5
No votes
Option 6
No votes
I like the OLD one!
No votes
Needs something else - here's my idea...
No votes

Total votes: 5

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

New MTBS Logo VOTE! Much BETTER, I Promise!

Post by Neil »

Ok - I think we made a lot of headway today. Check out these options, and post your thoughts. The last one is more for the website corner, and the green writing will need to be changed - it's just an idea.

See what you think:

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Option 4:

Option 5:

Option 6:

All feedback valued!

Regards,
Neil
DDuckMan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DDuckMan »

I picked one mainly because I like the texturing of the gold letters. The eyes are much better and I think it looks nicer withough the grey. The last one looks cluttered with the added green line.

It is improved but still looks unfinished. The text area looks too simple to me. Perhaps a slight font adjustment would do it, or maybe rounding some of the sharp edges.

Also, the colors could use slight tweaking so the overall effect has less of a toy like quality. For example, the embossed looking shaded yellow font in the flashing banner above has a nicer look and feel. Maybe you could get someone from Deviant Art to have a look. They have quite a few people in there making windows skins with great color and font skills.

http://browse.deviantart.com/customizat ... 1174291200

Overall great work so far.
MB - ASUS P5WDH Deluxe
CPU - E6600
RAM - 4GB
GPU - BFG GTX 280
Goggles - ELSA Revelator circa 1999
nVidia 3D Vision circa 2009
Neil

Post by Neil »

Yes - I think the concept is where we want it. We just have to spice it up a bit more.

I really want to give this website an overhaul - so in point form, if you have ideas that will make this place more convenient for our members, drive the forum participation up even more, and really get the word out - I'm all ears.

My design team just got back from vacation, and I want to work them overtime. :wink:

Neil
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

I dunno whether I should put my attempt here in the poll section or not but someone can move it if they wish. I may work on more if I have time over the weekend. None of the current logos really caught my eye so I made my own. Was afraid it might not be seen in the other thread ...

IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
Neil

Post by Neil »

All ideas are welcome.

I agree that the lettering needs more of a dynamic aspect to them. Sharky is using some kind of engineering software to render the logo. It gives you the flexibility to create shapes and bend metal, but text can't be adjusted the same way.

What I really want is the Meant to be Seen text to be 3D the way it is, but have a smiling curviture like in our current logo.

Maybe we can get a photoshop mock-up of this, and I can get a professional to get it properly rendered (a professional with the right software that is - you're still professional, Sharky!).

Neil
sharky

Post by sharky »

we would need somebody who can use autodesk 3dsMAX.

i tried sometimes bt it is to hard for me.

i can model the text however i want, only not bend, because it is not a single peace but there is a space between the letters. if they would be all attacched i could do it.. maybe i can try to make a thin line witch cant even be seen and then try to bend it.. maybe it works...

the font can be changed without problems. put online some fontfiles you like and i change it. personally i like the first of zaniths example. i can round the edges of the text, but not all. i can try to do only te front edges. or only the side edges.

because of the coloring:

my program uses materials. not colors. the gold text is how a not polished goldplate would look like. a metal for beeing cool needs a lot of curves. jjust look at the light effets on the eyes or on the 3d part of the S in the word "seen". the picture i posted in the "pics and clips" section, where the whole machine is shown is a pic i made with the same program. there are lots more of bends, inclinations and round elements. just compare that one with the text here.i could try to bend the text outside by adding material over every letter till it matches an arc.

where just some ideas.. let em know.
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Jahun
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Jahun »

Just stumbled upon this thread.. and I really really have no time for it, but I could not stop myself from making a very very quick model.

It took 10 minutes including the render.. and is not much of a logo or anything, just a hint of a possible Pixar like mascotte (you do know the Pixar lamp right..)

No time to add textures or animate it atm, perhaps if people like the idea very much.. (it could be in a .gif sequence signature) I can hopefully clear some time later.

sharky

Post by sharky »

i llike it much!

have you made it with 3dsmax?

maybe if you use it that good you can create some stereoscopic clips and pics for our sections.. we need people like oyu there. :)

LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I like it, that everything is 3D! I don't know about the lighting, but Znith's Edition shows great reflections. IMHO they add deepness and promote a 3D feeling.
Sharky could you add some light sources to your project? For more reflections & contrast?

You are (and were) doing a great job!
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Neil

Post by Neil »

Dave Polcino (http://www.digitalcomplete.com) is going to lend his hand at the logo too.

Once we have a firm 3D design in 3DMAX, I'd like to do fun stuff with this. Make the eyes blink, for example.

Neil
sharky

Post by sharky »

ok this one is out of date.. i close it and unstick it.. :) bye bye

Return to “MTBS Website Ideas”