Let's Put It To a Vote!

This website is for our members. Do you have some design ideas? Are there features you would like to see? What additions would drive this site forward? POST YOUR IDEAS HERE!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Let's Put It To a Vote!

Post by Neil »

Hello everyone!

Here are some concepts we came up with. It's still not where we want it to be, but comparing the old logo to the new ideas, what are your recommendations? BE CONSTRUCTIVE!

Vote on the logo that is closest to what you would like, and if it's not on the list, post what you think would work better. :o

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Option 4

Option 5

Option 6

Option 7

Option 8

Option 9

Option 10

Option 11

Option 12

Option 13

Last edited by Neil on Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I've been thinking...maybe we can get the eyes to wear glasses?

Neil
sharky

Post by sharky »

i like the first one best. personally i think that we shouldnt add anything because we have to remember that it is a logo. if you really want to stick with the eye and mouth thing than we should give this one a more professional look. maybe by adding some effects to it. for example the blue of the guy, adding some kind of texture like the inside of the mouth. you will not see it in the small printed version but it shurly looks great if you print it on advertising pannels. I think we just need to add a bit of professionality, keeping less colors (like the first one) and adding some rendering effects. I think that if we add too many colors like red and the other ones people will laugh at the logo.

what do other people think?
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

tentaclesex
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tentaclesex »

I like the cartoonish charm of the old logo. The 3D rendered stuff looks a bit soulless.

My recommendation is to use the old logo, but without the embossed layer effect. If you're dead set on having some kind of 3D effect going on, then a drop shadow is far more elegant and attractive.
nathansteinke

Post by nathansteinke »

I might be interested in a change, but so far I haven't come up with or seen anything that gets me excited about making a shift in the logo. Just my opinion...
-Nate
Neil

Post by Neil »

I agree with you in that the new logos seem soulless don't have the same charm. What I want is the original logo, but in a stylish 3D form.

How about this:

1. Imagine the following logo with "emotional eyes" - the eyelids and pupils in a similar shape to the original logo.

2. Meant to be Seen in RED.

3. mtbs3D.com is blue box, gold lettering.

sharky

Post by sharky »

i close this one. else they vote on the wrong one.

here is the correct voting:

http://mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=482
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Return to “MTBS Website Ideas”