Guess what I just bought!

pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Guess what I just bought!

Post by pixel67 »

We are moving into a new house and I needed to have a new display/tv for the terrace level. I made a big jump and purchased a 61in Samsung display listed below:

http://www.samsung.com/Products/TV/DLPT ... 7SXXAA.asp

It will be several weeks before I have a chance to test it and will let you know how it goes!
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Nice. My 19" monitor suddenly seems a little small :cry:
Awaiting the result.

BTW: can You use SLI in 3D?
leftler
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by leftler »

So you are telling me this 61" will work with a page flipping display?

Hmmm, now which should I get, something like this or two projectors with polarizers...
DDuckMan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DDuckMan »

leftler wrote:So you are telling me this 61" will work with a page flipping display?
It should. It supports PC input and high refresh rates.

Did anyone notice the "3D Information" tab on that page? They actually list models capable of displaying 3D games with stereo glasses! Hopefully Samsung has some LED monitors in the works. A 51" RPTV seem a bit much to be putting on my computer desk.
MB - ASUS P5WDH Deluxe
CPU - E6600
RAM - 4GB
GPU - BFG GTX 280
Goggles - ELSA Revelator circa 1999
nVidia 3D Vision circa 2009
peter64
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by peter64 »

Very interested to know how things work out keep us posted :) ... I read online that this TV had HDMI 1.3 which has 360 MBIT max datarate. I think this is necessary in order to display 1080p at 120hz even with the regular color gamut. I did a bit of hunting online for a video card that supported HDMI 1.3 and non existed yet. The present video cards with HDMI connectors use 1.2 which is limited to 120 MBIT max datarate. Not sure if you can just use DVI with an adapter to drive this or what as I don't know the datarate specifications for DVI out on videocards. Like I said I'll be interested to hear how things go! Even if you have to run at 60fps for the time being until a HDMI 1.3 card comes out it's still a good buy assuming later you can run it at 120hz.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”