158.22 BETA STEREO!!!!

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

158.22 BETA STEREO!!!!

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

158.22 STEREO BETA drivers are in our download section. Try them out, post your results here.

I have only tested them with my 160.03 Forceware drivers - and they work with a registry tweak.

Neil
Last edited by Neil on Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
DDuckMan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DDuckMan »

They work with 8800/XP?
MB - ASUS P5WDH Deluxe
CPU - E6600
RAM - 4GB
GPU - BFG GTX 280
Goggles - ELSA Revelator circa 1999
nVidia 3D Vision circa 2009
Neil

Post by Neil »

The 158.22 Forceware drivers are intended for 8800 series cards on XP. I don't have the means of testing them.

HOWEVER, I have been able to get them to work with my 7900GTX with teh 160.03 drivers which are intended for all card series.

They aren't the greatest drivers for me - but they showcase the new S-3D CP, new profiles, and new interaction....they are worth a try!

Neil
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Thanks for that Neil.

they work with the classic control panel hack as the previous drivers on an 8800. the medical test image works well and in my opinion, they will work with games atleast as well as the previous driver/control panel.

It is refreshing to see the "new" ui.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Neil

Post by Neil »

Yeah! Someone should post screen shots. Check out all the profiles!

Were you able to get it to work on your 8800?

Neil
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

160.03 forceware / 158.22 stereo CP

They"work" on the 8800 just like they worked previously. You cant get to the options without doing the registry tweak to get into the classic pannel.

The medical test works. The test application still wants me to enable the stereo driver, even though it is enabled.

I am expecting atleast equal compatibility in games to the previous drivers - It is 3.30am here and I have work tomorrow morning so a thorough testing session is not going to take place by me tonight :p

-- A very sleepy Shahzad
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
eternitykh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by eternitykh »

any love for vista with these? xD
im guessing it's the same as the previous releases ...... no

(o and i have a 88gts)
Neil

Post by Neil »

They are XP drivers. I don't see how they would work for Vista.

Neil
dr_barnowl
One Eyed Hopeful

Medical Image Test

Post by dr_barnowl »

The Medical Image test application is very simple to implement, and so is the stereo picture viewer.

The most complex is for shutter glasses, which only needs to support shutter sync and page flipping.

Anaglyph only requires it to show a still image. The image viewer may have to composite the image which is very simple for still bitmap.

Dual-display solutions only require it to show a still image on two displays. Some solutions may require one of the images to be mirrored.

All in all, while the medical image viewer demonstrates very basic compatibility between the stereo drivers and the main drivers, it's a world apart from Direct3D or OpenGL support, which is what we actually care about.

That said, I'm still going to reboot into my Win2k partition to try these bad boys out :)
Neil

Post by Neil »

Good show!

Can you post some screen captures out too?

I think you are going to be very excited by the profiles - it's a really cool looking interface.

Neil
dr_barnowl
One Eyed Hopeful

:-(

Post by dr_barnowl »

Alas, these drivers fare no better than the previous ones.

Win2k
8800 GTS

The same experience - some games refuse to start, some games hardlock your machine when you enable stereo, and the only things I could get to work were the dxdiag spinning cube, Guild Wars and Warhammer 40k. Some of the artefacts in Guild Wars have disappeared, they seem to have remained in WH40k

Actually, I don't know if this is an artefact of testing, but I noticed some fairly horrible ghosting that I didn't see before. I'm testing during the daytime instead of the night, and possibly the dark-adaption of the eye reduces ghosting, because I never noticed before. Or maybe the sync settings have changed for the worse.
Rocket
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: :-(

Post by Rocket »

Can only confirm no changes to the last version, no games working now that didn't work before. may be the changes work with the next Forceware-drivers like the 97.94 didn't work until 158.19

I also want a semimirror-dubble-TFT-incredible-stereo-3D-display!!! but without working drivers... mano :(
System:
Zalman M220W, Core2duo 6420@3.2Ghz, ASUS P965, XFX 260GT
Hugo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hugo »

It?s a shame that nv has broken the decades of tradition on serving just ONE driver for all of their gfx-cards. For me it was a major point on buying and suggesting nv.

It was clear that this 8800-driver wasn?t meant to be for my 6800, but i?ve tried it... with no success (i don?t like to play with inf-files of major system-drivers)
Neil

Post by Neil »

Try it with Forceware 160.03 XP. It will work, but you will need to do the registry tweak.

I have a 7900GTX.

Neil
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

So, first of all: Hello ;)

I'm a prod owner of an 8800gtx :P and of an eDimensinoal Shutter glasses.

So when the beta drivers for 88series came out I've been... ?h ok, I don't know the rigt word in English for it^^... Say it so: I was very happy ;)

But fast I have to come down. The new driver is very incompatible and only works with:

Oblivion (very Good
Neverwinter Nights 2 (because of the angle from the cammera it don't look well)
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (same as above)

The driver stops folowing games from starting:

Quake 4
Gothic 3
Battlefield 2142

The driver Crashes the Pc with Bluescreen, hardlock or "The Driver can not be Runned correctly" when activating the Stereo:

World of Warcraft
Two Worlds
X3

That are the games I have tested. To complete my Post, my System specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
GrapicCard: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
Mainboard: Asus P5B delux
Neil

Excellent!

Post by Neil »

Those are actually very good results!

Did you have to do a special tweak to get Oblivion to work? (nospaceeffect - something like that)?

Can you post some screen shots of the new interface?

Neil
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Excellent!

Post by cirk2 »

Neil wrote: Did you have to do a special tweak to get Oblivion to work? (nospaceeffect - something like that)?
Neil
I've got the "Middle" settigs with 1280x1024 screen size and didn't change anythig other.

And what do you mean with "the new Interface"? Inside the Controlpanel (new) there are no Stereo settigs, I had to aktivate the old panel with the Tunigtool from the download Area.

I think this Version is far away from being completed...

In the Controls is an Button with Nvidia Testing tool or something like that. But when I klick on it, it says that 3D is not activated. I Tryed different settigs, but there is no way to get it work...

But an other question:
Are some Nvidia programmers in this forum? when not I go to the Nvidia forums and post my results.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Cirk2,

I can't discuss who is and who is not in our forums - but everyone knows about us for sure! Post your results on the NVIDIA forums as well for good measure.

You are correct that (at least for us) you need to do the registry tweak.

However, if you go throught he stereo profiles, you will see a list of modern games, the whole look of the stereo driver is different, and when you are adjusting in-game settings, you should see visual stereo cues.

In Oblivion, does the water look like water, or is it pink? Is the cross-hair accurate? Do you have post processuing effects on? Can you post screen-shots?

Neil
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Hi Neil,

I posted about oblivion a while back in the other thread. Here is an excerpt:

Update 2:

Oblivion works! With Shivering Isles and Qarl's texture pack even.
You have t modify the ini as usual, but there wil still be ALOT of corruption in stereo. What you have to do is to disable oblivion's FSAA and Force Supersampling FSAA - I used nHancer. The weird thing is that ofcourse as we all know, Control Panel FSAA doesn't work when bDoImageSpaceEffects=0 but checking this option in nHancer CP stopped all corruption in stereo.

Looks beautiful, but would have looked better with FSAA working with HDR at a playable frame rate Smile

About the screenshots... I would love to but aside from the profiles and a seperation slider in the stereo enable selection tab, there isn't anything different that I can see, atleast on the 8800 side of things.
Hugo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hugo »

Neil wrote:Try it with Forceware 160.03 XP
... thx - 160.03 is working, if i install it per inf-file (setup still says '... wrong hardware...)

Edit:
Drivers are working VERY WELL - flickering is completly gone - HL2 is running in HDR-mode
ravencraft
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ravencraft »

I did not have any luck with the new drivers. I tried 158.22 stereo and forceware (with modified inf) and 158.22 stereo and 160.03 forceware. I had problems keeping the classic cp no matter what registry hack I could find. I ended up using nv tray to get the classic cp. I could not set AA properly, as a result I would get the out of memory error with any game that had AA turned on.
I also did not have any more sucess with games that weren't working with older drivers. I went back to 93.81.

My PC stats:
Edimensional wired glasses
WinXP home (all SP's and updates)
AMD XP 2800
1 GB RAM
6800 Geforce
DDuckMan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DDuckMan »

I gave 160.03 + 158.22 stereo a try today.

Stereo panel via reg tweak. Test image ran! I have to say I was surprised. I could not get the test application to run though. It kept saying stereo was not enabled. The control panel looks no different than usual, except for the new profiles and a hotkey setting for "cycle frustum adjustment". I don't remember that one.

Tried HL2, and it did not load. I still need to try disabling some of the video settings, but I was short on time so I moved on to MotoGP3. Surprisingly, it ran perfectly with all the candy on (FSAA, AF, and TSAA)!
I did not see any artifacts and ghosting was mild. Somehow the 3D effect was not as convincing as some other games. I messed with separation and convergence a while but could not really improve it. It is possible that the 3D driver is not rendering different images for each eye, but I could not tell for sure. More testing after work...
MB - ASUS P5WDH Deluxe
CPU - E6600
RAM - 4GB
GPU - BFG GTX 280
usbnet
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by usbnet »

No luck with this Drivers, i have only the analygraph option in the Stereo CP! If i run stereo enable the screen goes black and i can only make a reset. :cry:

Can any confirm this or test the analygraph Stereo with a 8800GTX?

C2D E6600, P5N32-E SLI, ASUS EN8800GTX, 2GB DDR2, RAID 0 640GB, X-FI Extreme Gamer, XP-SP2
zebrastealer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by zebrastealer »

I also only had the analygraph option visible in the Control Panel with no option to change the setting. I was unsuccessful at running the Test Application or the Medical Test Image, my (machine locked up on me. I also tried the Stereo Viewer, but that also failed when I attempted to enable the 3d effect (both monitors showed frequency out of range despite having resolution and refresh rates well below what my machine is capable of). I'm also having other performance related issues as well since the driver upgrade.

8800 GTS 340 MB, P4 3.2gz, 2 gig ram
DDuckMan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DDuckMan »

What is the new interface some have mentioned? I only get the old CP through the registry tweak. Should I be able to see stereo settings in the NVidia control panel?

Also, in the NVidia CP under Help\System Information\Components I noticed that stereoi.dll is unavailable. Is that just because I don't have stereo enabled at the moment, or is the driver incomplete? I see the file is in System32. Did I miss a DWord change in the registry?
MB - ASUS P5WDH Deluxe
CPU - E6600
RAM - 4GB
GPU - BFG GTX 280
usbnet
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by usbnet »

you have only a new 3DStereo interface on the old CP, the new panal have no 3D Settings at this Time. I have it testet on a 7950GT and you have now ingame Overlay for Stereo Separation. :shock:
Xerion
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Xerion »

yes that overlay is nice, there's also an overlay that tells you when it had to disable stereo because it was out of memory, I got it when I enabled 4x AA in guildwars running at 1440x1080 resolution. They should add overlays to convergance and all other settings too (i.e. when saving settings), so you always see it's doing something.
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
DDuckMan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DDuckMan »

I still have not been able to find the overlay. Is it automatically enabled?

Testing:

MotoGP 3 - Runs without artifacts with all video settings on. However, both images are identical, so no 3D.

GTR 2 - Runs with heavy macroblocking artifacts. I have not tried disabling any video settings yet.

HL 2 - Would not load.

Chronicles of Riddick - Would not load.

On deck - Titan Quest, Ultimate Alliance, Oblivion, maybe System Shock 2. I'm also tempted to try Collin McRae, but I don't want to mess up my new XP install with the nasty rootkit DRM that comes with that game.
MB - ASUS P5WDH Deluxe
CPU - E6600
RAM - 4GB
GPU - BFG GTX 280
tobias
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tobias »

Hi,

I tried the stereo driver with graphic driver 158.22 and 160.03 and did the registry hack.

Now I can choose my 3D settings, but I don't get stereo 3D to work...

I have 2 LCD projectors with polarization filters on a 8800 GTS in Clone mode. My problem: in the medicine test picture, one projector flickers with a high frequency. And there is no 3D impression. I tried Stereoscopic Player with a 3D movie, same result. Both perspectives seem to be displayed, but one flickers.

On both projectors, refresh rate is set to 60 Hz, resolution 1024x768, ...

Do I have to set any other setting, too? Or is this stereo driver only for shutter glasses?

Thank you.

Tobias
Rocket
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rocket »

tobias wrote:Hi,

Do I have to set any other setting, too? Or is this stereo driver only for shutter glasses?

Tobias
No and Yes, it seems so. I tried it on two monitors (cours I want a mirror-TFT-system!) but only flickering on both monitors (with different frequences). In mirror-clone mode one of the flickering pictures is mirrored, or upside down and mirrored (depends on the selected mode), but still flickering. so far no chance.

Gru?
RM
System:
Zalman M220W, Core2duo 6420@3.2Ghz, ASUS P965, XFX 260GT
nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

Rocket wrote:
tobias wrote:Hi,

Tobias
No and Yes, it seems so. I tried it on two monitors (cours I want a mirror-TFT-system!) but only flickering on both monitors (with different frequences). In mirror-clone mode one of the flickering pictures is mirrored, or upside down and mirrored (depends on the selected mode), but still flickering. so far no chance.

Gru?
RM
Just an update on the problem, I have several games on the 93.71 stereo driver that do that, it might not be related to these specific drivers.

I don't know of any workaround for it yet though.
CAVE, see what all the fuss is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NN5JKlIi0
DDuckMan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DDuckMan »

DDuckMan wrote:I still have not been able to find the overlay. Is it automatically enabled?

Testing:

MotoGP 3 - Runs without artifacts with all video settings on. However, both images are identical, so no 3D.

GTR 2 - Runs with heavy macroblocking artifacts. I have not tried disabling any video settings yet.

HL 2 - Would not load.

Chronicles of Riddick - Would not load.

On deck - Titan Quest, Ultimate Alliance, Oblivion, maybe System Shock 2. I'm also tempted to try Collin McRae, but I don't want to mess up my new XP install with the nasty rootkit DRM that comes with that game.
Edit:

HL 2 Episode One - ran with heavy macroblocking artifacts

Titan Quest - ran with heavy macroblocking artifacts

I gave up on the driver and uninstalled it so I could get to HL2. Too bad. It is definitely a lot better than the first 8800 beta, but none of the games I tried were playable in 3D. Anyone know if there is a way to fix the macroblocking artifacts?

Looking forward to the next beta...
MB - ASUS P5WDH Deluxe
CPU - E6600
RAM - 4GB
GPU - BFG GTX 280
sharky

stereoscopic player

Post by sharky »

hi all!

just a question!

was somebody able to get the stereoscopic player to work? i tried for 2 days but nothing to do for me... please let me know...

thank you

bye
sharky

Post by sharky »

i tested the tomb raider anniversary demo... one eye is perfect, the other one not.. transparent body, out of sync, and creates some strange rectangles on the screen.

unreal tournament 2 crashes,

and no limits rollercoaster crashes too. till now i didn't find any working games...

hear ya..

bye
sharky

Post by sharky »

hi guys! any news? was somebody able to get "no limits rollercoaster" to work?

bye all
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: stereoscopic player

Post by ssiu »

sharky wrote:hi all!

just a question!

was somebody able to get the stereoscopic player to work? i tried for 2 days but nothing to do for me... please let me know...

thank you

bye
If you are referring to the S-3D movie player at http://www.3dtv.at, I'd very much want to know the answer too!!

I am debating about getting a NVIDIA 7600/7900 versus 8600 for a new XP system. I am interested in S-3D gaming, but playing S-3D movies is even more important to me. I know that currently S-3D support is much better on 7x00 than 8x00, but I am considering 8600 because of its better video acceleration, and more future-proof (DX10 on Vista; driver updates would probably continue for 2-3 years after driver update ceases for 7x00 and older). A few questions:

This beta driver is for all 8x00 video cards, correct? (i.e. not just 8800, but also 8600/8500/8400/8300 etc.)

If S-3D on 7x00 is rated as 100% (I know it is far from 100%), how would you rate the current beta driver on 8x00? 70%, 50%, 20%?

I use CRT monitor / ELSA shutter-glass / page-flipping mode. Can someone using this beta 8x00 XP driver and similar equipment confirm whether it works with S-3D pictures and videos? You can download the Stereoscopic Player software and a sample movie from their web site http://www.3dtv.at for free. Thanks.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”