Can't get 3D mode active on Samsung DLP HL61A750, advice?

Stormwynd
One Eyed Hopeful

Can't get 3D mode active on Samsung DLP HL61A750, advice?

Post by Stormwynd »

Hi everyone,

I can't get 3D mode active on Samsung DLP HL61A750.

My ATI 2600HD is outputting 1920x1080 at 60hz to the display via HDMI, but the display won't give me the 3D option to attempt to enable (it is completely missing from the menu).

I have the Samsung SSG1000 emitter and glasses and the emitter is connected to the display.

Any advice of things to try to get the enable 3D option to appear?

Thanks!
- Jason
drcurtis
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Can't get 3D mode active on Samsung DLP HL61A750, advice?

Post by drcurtis »

Are you connected to HDMI 3? I'm not sure on your model, but on mine the connection is to a specific HDMI port.
Stormwynd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Stormwynd »

Yep, I have the PC connected to HDMI 3. I've tried using both the ATI HDMI dongle with an HDMI cable and a DVI-to-HDMI cable also.
drcurtis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by drcurtis »

Are you able to see the computer background on the television? I have Windows set to clone the first display onto the television.

Sorry if these questions are too obvious, but there's really not a lot to getting this to work.
bastian74
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bastian74 »

Try naming connection 3 "PC" in the menu where it lets you label the connections.
I don't think it's a requried step, but I could swear when I did that new options showed up in the tv OSD.
Also, ensure the settings are default, you don't have any entertainment mode on etc.
Do you even see the option for 3d? THe quickest way to get to it is on the remote, click the "tools" button.
Stormwynd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Stormwynd »

Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone!

I have tried labeling HDMI 3 as PC. The DLP display is the only monitor hooked up to the system (and the desktop is displayed), so no display cloning is used.

The 3D option does not appear on the menus or when I hit the tools button.

I am away from home currently, but when I get back I will do a full settings reset to see if the 3D option appears.

Thanks again!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Hmm. You have Ati-card. You need a 3d enabler installed i believe. I'm not aware of which format the tv wants but probably it's interlaced vertical, horisontal or checkerboard. Have you tried the iz3d drivers (should work) or do samsung have their own drivers?
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
bastian74
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bastian74 »

You never said which glasses you have
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

He said Samsung glasses. The signal to the glasses should be provided by the tv-set. Then it should be mostly a matter on what stereoscopic format the tv accepts.
Is there a stereooption for switching between 2d and 3d in the tv-menue or does the tv autodetects this in some way (i'm a complete newb when it comes to the new 3d-generation :oops: )?
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Stormwynd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Stormwynd »

I tried an NVidia 8800M based notebook with the set and the 3D worked! The set must not like the data/signal from my ATI Radeon 2600 HD for some reason.

I tried all different signaling options in Catalyst Control Center but could not find one that would work. Looks like I'll have to upgrade.

Could folks post what ATI video cards they have used that the set allowed enabling of 3D mode with?

Thanks!

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”