Greetings. I'm new to forum. Got a couple Qs.

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
nishu
One Eyed Hopeful

Greetings. I'm new to forum. Got a couple Qs.

Post by nishu »

:D Hi everybody,
First of all thanks for keeping up this forum. I am new to all this 3d stuff, but I want to get a good 3d experience in gaming. I have to start from scratch. I would certainly appreciate if you can give your opinion on these.
1. Which one is better iz3d, Zalman, or a samsung 3d hdtv, or should I wait for Viewsonic 120HZ?
2. Also I have an old computer P4 3.2 HT 2GB RAM with Nvidia 6200 and recently ordered ELSA shutter glasses., I am not really dying for the latest games but do want to have a really good 3d effect.
What do you guys think ?
Again thank you in advance.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Greetings. I'm new to forum. Got a couple Qs.

Post by Likay »

Welcome to mtbs! :D

1:st: If you want to play new games you should invest in a better computer and at the same time maybe thinking of a 3d-monitor. ;)
2:nd: KEEP the one you have for older games! There's a real goldmine among older games with 3d and replaying in 3d is surely worth it! (winxp,nvidiastereo oldschool) :D

I mainly use two stereosolutions right now: One passive projection rig with two projectors and one IZ3D 22"'er.
The IZ3D-22"er is undoubtly a very nice piece! It has a full resolution in both 2d as 3d of 1680x1050 pixels. It requires two outputs of your graphic card and iz3d-drivers. There's only one real backside as i see it and that is that it ghosts a bit. After using the monitor some time, the brain somehow gets used to it and ghosting is mostly no longer a problem.
If you want to play older games with nvidiadrivers they have a "NeurOk" option in the drivers for that monitor.
Note: Since iz3d are developing new glasses (out for betatesting anytime now) ghosting might be a trouble of the past. :D

Since i don't have a Zalman i can only tell what i've read about it: Ghostingrejection is better than the iz3d. However the pixelresolution is only half the one in 3d compared to the iz3d. The reason is that each pixelrow has a "locked" polarization which efficiently cuts the 3d-resolution to half. Mostly this is no problem but reading text can cause some trouble. It works with newer nvidiadrivers (vista and 8000 series card and upwards). I think one of the interlaced stereooptions in the iz3d driver is suitable for the zalman as well.

The other solutions: 3D HDTV's, or the forthcoming viewsonic 120H'z-er are big questionmarks for me though. Maybe some other could enlighten a bit there. :D
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
harbingeriz3d
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by harbingeriz3d »

As a user of the 22'' IZ3D I'd reccomend trying it out at a Fry's or any other store that is closest to you to get used to it first..The 3d that you might be expecting (cinema 3d, stuff hits you in the face aka pop out) might not be there at all (in my case anyway.) I've seen in all my testing, no matter what settings I've used that I can personally never get anything to pop out of the screen, the hallmark of cinema 3d. The depth is great though, and the monitor is great for 2d but I'd definitely recommend you have a test drive first before you go and buy it.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

harbingeriz3d wrote:As a user of the 22'' IZ3D I'd reccomend trying it out at a Fry's or any other store that is closest to you to get used to it first..The 3d that you might be expecting (cinema 3d, stuff hits you in the face aka pop out) might not be there at all (in my case anyway.) I've seen in all my testing, no matter what settings I've used that I can personally never get anything to pop out of the screen, the hallmark of cinema 3d. The depth is great though, and the monitor is great for 2d but I'd definitely recommend you have a test drive first before you go and buy it.
Have you tried tomb raider games? Or flat out 1 and 2? Should be plenty of popout events in those (I see it on my iz3d as well as on the big screen). HL2 series and many other source games also have popout (mostly walls and objects when you're move closely to them).
To get a greater popout you can try tinkering with convergence and separation. For tomb raider i know i have about 400-500 separation and a convergence close to 0 (Set it so Lara's usually at screendepth).
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I've got a Zalman, its pretty cool. I've never seen the iz3D so I can't compare but both are comparable solutions. The 2 downsides is that text is unreadable and the viewing angle is small. IMO its worth waiting for the 120Hz Viewsonics to come out. Based on specs alone that will be the best solution.
nishu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nishu »

Thank you guys,
:P I guess I have to update my comp anyway. I believe iZ3d is cheaper thand Zalman right now and I may go for it, though something in me tells me to wait for viewsonic as pointed out :idea: . Will post my views of what ever I end up doing.

Regards,
Nishu

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”