Vampire: The masquerade - Bloodlines

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
LCountach
Two Eyed Hopeful

Vampire: The masquerade - Bloodlines

Post by LCountach »

Hello, I have been trying with little success to get "Source Engine" games working that don't already have a working profile. Namely VTMB and The Ship. Vireio Perception activates but displays only a 2D flat image. Portal 1 did this but it was stuck in DX8 mode and needed to be forced into DX9 mode fixing the problem. I can't seem to find if this is even the problem or a changeable option for the other games. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is by far the most important to me. I have tried everything I can think of.

I created a new profile and specified Game Type: Source 100 and Source_LFD 101. I also tried various Shader Modification Files from various Source Engine Games.

I have tried "Create new Shader Rules". This found 2 green dots and created a "vampire.xml" calling out "cViewProj" and "cModelViewProj" shaders. Upon saving and restarting there is still no 3D effect.

I tried "Change Current Shader Rules" but toggling the various shaders contained within seemed to have no effect.

I tried "Show and Exclude Active Shaders". "Some" of the shader hash numbers did actually seem to correspond to various bits of the game geometry. However more than one number would have an effect on the some of same geometry but not "100% Exactly" the same parts. From there I tried to copy what I saw in other Shader Modification Files for Source Engine games. No luck what so ever. I really only half understand whats going on the the .xml files.

Edit: Forgot to mention. I also tried copying the DLLs into the game's EXE folder too.

Side Note: I do have Tridef and it does sort of work. Unfortunately, background objects and the tops of buildings are at the wrong depth. Strangely this only happens in Tridef Oculus mode. I have tried SBS, Interlaced, and 120hz Nvidia 3D Vision piggyback mode. They all seem to have the background problem sorted. Tridef is the only driver so far I have seen get that right. Strange they broke it again with Oculus mode. I fear its because they intentionally crippled the customizability of the driver in Oculus mode. I don't know if Vireio Perception will fair any better with the background but I would still like to test the Vireio experience with VTMB.

Any help on fixing this and other Source engine games would be much appreciated.

Return to “Game Support”