MTBS-TV: Interview With Sulon Technologies

Respond to the movers and shakers by making THEM move and shake!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

MTBS-TV: Interview With Sulon Technologies

Post by Neil »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s24o1lCNJoA

If you don't have a 3D display, choose "no glasses" and "left image only" in the YouTube 3D viewing options.

Check out our interview with Dhanushan Balachandreswaran, CEO of Sulon Technologies.  The "Cortex" is an AR/VR HMD that interacts with the room.  This was still a rudimentary prototype, but it's an intriguing concept.  Check it out!

Read full article...
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Re: MTBS-TV: Interview With Sulon Technologies

Post by geekmaster »

He's the CEO? I didn't know that. That's the dude I was "geeking out" with, as described in the "other" sulon news item/thread. I like how many CEOs and company founders at GDC turned out to be true kindred geek spirits.

Again, I am looking forward to seeing great things from these guys, if their dream can live up to its promise. I hope to see them again at a future trade show, with a newer prototype model to demo!
Drewbdoo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: MTBS-TV: Interview With Sulon Technologies

Post by Drewbdoo »

I think a rock solid implementation of SLAM would be/is a vital key to great VR, I think the latency will be an issue. And that's ON TOP of the latency that your phone introduces to everything. I like some of the things that Sulon has as features, but I'd rather have one purpose built that one that relies on cell phones.

Return to “MTBS Interview User Remarks”