67" Samsung LED DLP need software

Dowjd
One Eyed Hopeful

67" Samsung LED DLP need software

Post by Dowjd »

I just bought a 67" Samsung LED DLP and am looking for S3D software or drivers. I really want to watch movies in pseudo 3D and so I am considering DDD. Anyone have any other suggestions?

I also am thinking about purchasing a new PC, not too expensive. Any suggestions?
Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

All DLP monitors require a shutter glasses solution, Tridef has a nice dongle that plugs directly into your TV. All you have to do is run a DVI to HDMI cable from a computer to your TV and you are set.

I have a 61" DLP setup, but have to be honest. I don't use it much, especially for movies. There really is a lack of S-3D video content. Here is a good site to
give you an idea of whats out there. http://www.3dmovielist.com/list.html. Tridef's 2D-3D conversion software works, but its not anything to go nuts over. You will get very little to zero pop out effect with it. But, it can give you depth into the screen with certain content.

Now if you want to use it for gaming its great. To do that you will need a moderately priced computer or better. The faster the PC the better you will be for gaming as enabling 3D basically doubles the work load on your PC.

If you don't want to use the Tridef drivers you can try the Nvida ones. But they have mixed results based on what video card you mix with what operating system. We are really hoping that IZ3D 1.09 drivers get the kinks worked out, as they are supposed to add shutter glasses support. If IZ3D gets them working you can purchase their drivers ($50-100) and use the E-D Shutter glasses like you would receive with the Tridef starter kit.
Dowjd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dowjd »

Thanks Killigath for your response. I'm a little bummed about the S-3D rendering of movies. I was hoping for a little eye popping 3D when I watch Star Trek, Stargate SG1 & Atlantis.

As for a PC I was considering an Acer AMD Athlon X2 5000+ (2.6Ghz), Vista Home 64-bit, 4Gb DDR2 RAM, 320Gb HD, Nvidia GeForce 8200, HDMI, 5.1 audio.

I know that DDD states it is not 64-bit compatible, but has anyone got it to work with 64-Bit?

If I get some other glasses, which drivers would be best?
Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

Sounds like a good PC. Definitly get that much RAM with Vista.

I can't comment on other glasses or drivers as I havn't tried them.

Here is my setup:
Pentium Quad 2.5Ghz, Windows XP SP3, 2Gb DDR3-1333 RAM, Nvidia 8800GTS, Sound Blaster Fatality X-FI

I've been considering buying Vista and installing it on a 2nd Hard drive. Would also like to know what works with 8800GTS.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Dowjd wrote:Thanks Killigath for your response. I'm a little bummed about the S-3D rendering of movies. I was hoping for a little eye popping 3D when I watch Star Trek, Stargate SG1 & Atlantis.

As for a PC I was considering an Acer AMD Athlon X2 5000+ (2.6Ghz), Vista Home 64-bit, 4Gb DDR2 RAM, 320Gb HD, Nvidia GeForce 8200, HDMI, 5.1 audio.

I know that DDD states it is not 64-bit compatible, but has anyone got it to work with 64-Bit?

If I get some other glasses, which drivers would be best?
If you plan to ever run games with that machine a better GPU is a must!
However I don't know what you need if you only want to play movies. A GPU does a lot here, too, but especially with the 2D-3D conversion I think you need a decent CPU and probably a lot of Ram. So the PC should be good for movies, but not for the 3D games which are out there nearly without number.
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
rmcclelland
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by rmcclelland »

Yeah, I would spend a little less money on CPU and RAM and get a better GPU. After all you want this machine to push images. I love my Geforce 8800GT. This looks like a pretty nice machine:

http://crysiswarhead.ea.com/blogs/news/ ... ra-pc.aspx

I have a 50" 3D DLP with edimensional shutter glasses. It works great, but you need games in the native resolution (1080p) which requires some horsepower graphically.

Enjoy,

Ryan

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”