**1.09 BETA IS OUT**

Welder
Certif-Eyed!

**1.09 BETA IS OUT**

Post by Welder »

Hello everyone,
The beta is finally out. Just in time for the weekend.

Please read through the forum posts here:
http://forum.iz3d.com/viewforum.php?f=20

Before downloading. There is important information you should know before proceeding with the install.

Have a great weekend!
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

just a quick question...
Would you prefer we post our success and bugs here or at Iz3D forums ? or is it the same for you ?

Well, as far as success, either one. Bugs, maybe a better chance on our forums possibly, since we have a special section devoted to the new beta.
Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sabre2552 »

OMG!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! *screams like a schoolgirl*
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by The_Doctor »

Thank you, happy birthday Vadim.
Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sabre2552 »

Ah, I didn't know! Happy birthday Vadim. :D
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

First impressions: Simple shutter sort of works. I tried GTR2 and it syncs ok in the car showroom, but it can't keep it for too long, starts flickering. If i press the reverse button on the glasses, it works again. However in the game itself it doesn't sync at all.

Interlaced: works good.
Last edited by The_Doctor on Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

Interlaced horizontal works. I tested it with my Another Eye 2000 shutter glasses in interlaced mode.

Shutter glasses mode has sync issues as forecast. If your video card can't keep up the frame rate at the refresh rate, the eyes swap. I did some tests. I have a GeForce 8600 GT so I get low fps in recent games. In the dynamic test of the iZ3D, you see the iZ3D logo rotating. The shutter glasses mode keep sync with this simple test app at 85 Hz. I then tested Gears of War. The shutter glasses mode does not keep sync in this game for me at 85 Hz. It might keep sync for people that have a fast card like the GTX 280 since they would have much higher fps than me.

I want to test the VR920 mode but I can't right now because I sent it back to Vuzix to get it repaired. I'll test this mode when I get my VR920 back.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

HOLY CRAP! Did you see that list of supported devices???? 3D IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
And a big Happy Birthday to you sir :P
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

I think with a special dongle and the marked shutters shutterglasses will work.

Interlaced looks good at super high resolutions (2048/1536, 1920/1200), but a little weird at 1024/768. But it works 100%.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Anyone try interlaced on a normal lcd yet?
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Okta wrote:Anyone try interlaced on a normal lcd yet?
I did try it on a normal lcd and my glasses won't work at all with it.

Edit: Maybe I should plug the wire in first :roll:
It works, but it flickers like crazy and I can't get the separation to look the same as the crt, it's always unclear and fuzzy.
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Something odd happening.

Starting up fraps brings up the iz3d box with the activation screen of the iz3d driver. Can cancel or continue and it goes away with fraps loading/running normally after that.

No iz3d related stuff running.

--- Same after reboot. Also, the frame counter is now always on (shows in the upper left corner as mono).

---- I guess I discovered that Civilization 4 works in interlaced (not that it's something to be played like that becaus of all the reading), but it brings up the "You have been defeated" message after 30-40 seconds (game over) when stereo is active.
mastRmind
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mastRmind »

The_Doctor wrote: ---- I guess I discovered that Civilization 4 works in interlaced (not that it's something to be played like that becaus of all the reading), but it brings up the "You have been defeated" message after 30-40 seconds (game over) when stereo is active.
weird, I tried Civ 4 in interlaced and I didn't have that problem. (I din't play very long. I was just testing it.)
ignatius
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ignatius »

Hey guys,

I had downloaded the 1.09 beta driver and unfortunately i'm using vista ultimate 64-bit. And every time i load up crysis it just simply crashes.

So i'm planning on installing my old window versions. But i'm not sure which version i should install, Xp 32 or Vista 32-bit?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

By the way, i should note that i am trying to get 3D stereo working with my Samsung dlp and shutter glasses.

-V
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Make sure you run Crysis in DX9 mode (-DX9).

See if that helps.

Regards,
Neil
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

There's two exe for Crysis. A 64 one and a 32 bit one. You can try them both. Also, on Vista, you can force DirectX 9 in Crysis by adding "-dx9" (without the quotes) to the shortcut.

ignatius
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ignatius »

Alrighty guys, just came back from a bit of 3D gaming :) and here's my report for now.

First i'd like to mention what kind of setup I have in case anyone has a similar setup.

GPU: evga 9800GX2
TV: Samsung DLP 56" w/ Shutter Glasses

I tried out Call of Duty 4 and that game worked out GREAT in 3D! I'm not too used to 3D gaming yet, but after mucking around with the convergence and seperation settings I finally found a decent setting that gave me great overall 3D effect. I know I have yet to find the 'Sweet Spot' but after playing the first ship mission...man that was a lot of fun seeing and playing it in 3D.

After that i tried out Mass Effect, again works great in 3D maybe even better than Call of Duty 4 i'll have to play them both a bit more to decide. But Mass Effect was great in 3D, again it's all about finding that 'sweet spot' with the convergence/seperation settings and you'll have some great looking 3D effects.

I went back to Crysis with Neil's and Tril's advice and made sure i was running in DX9. I did successfully load up into Crysis however i instantly discovered i had some weird visual problem with crysis where half of the screen was covered in 'blocky' artifacts. So i re-read Neil's review on Crysis and realized that i needed to turn the Shadows to Low. And right away the problem was solved and Crysis loaded up perfectly. But when i finally tried to enable stereo in the game...nothing happened. I tried changing the convergence/seperation settings, but all it would do is move the image to the left or right. It wasn't displaying 2 seperate images at all.

This is so far the only problem i've come across and possibly has nothing to do with the iz3d drivers. So maybe someone could help me out here.

But, so far I am incredible pleased with these drivers and would like to thank iz3D for making an incredible driver that supports all kinds of 3D formats. You guys have done a fantastic job! I'll be trying out the rest of my games in 3D with this driver and will get back to you guys on how those games are turning out.

Cheers and I hope everyone is having a blast playing their favorite games in 3D!

-Varinder
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

which shutterglasses are you using?

Tested Vr920, no S3D for me, maybe thats due to vistax64.
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

I have to say I'm very, very concerned about the eyes swapping in shutter mode - that kills it completely as far as I am concerned, this is a fundamental thing that in really should have been addressed right from the start, or it is completely pointless having this mode and making such a big fuss about it in the first place. Not being able to mark left and right is one thing, but not being able to stay in sync is just, well.... :(

Is there really no software or hardware page flipping mode that can prevent this from happening? I suppose it is better to have something than nothing, but this is a huge disappointment.

I'm trying to get a release from Vadim early next week that supports at least WLC (Stereographics White Line Code) which has a marker in the last row of every frame. There are dongles which support this off the shelf and it should at least solve the sync problem. **Fingers crossed** this will sort out the issue of eyes swapping, but this really is turning into a bit of a messy solution. I think Vadim should get someone from nVidia very drunk on that potent Moscow Vodka and have them reveal their secrets :)
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

i have tested the VR920 on my vista machine and also on my other 8800gtx XP32 one. No S3D... I was able to shift the image with more seperation but, it seems the same view was rendered for both displays.

So there is no S3D for me yet. None with Shutterglasss and none with VR920. Though i am very happy that the driver works for other solutions, i am a bit disappointed that there is no advantage for me.
Maybe with the XForce SG which should arrive next week it´s fun.
ignatius
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ignatius »

Hey VadersApp, these are the shutter glasses I have, http://www.ray3d.com/graphics/arcade_glasses.jpg
Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sabre2552 »

Guys, just a word of warning, don't be harsh on iZ3D, they've never done shutterglasses support before so it's a new frontier for them, and this is only a beta. Once it's a full release you can be sure the support will be there and will be widely supported. Just sit tight and try to offer help in any way possible, but you shouldn't have expected great results out of the very first beta of shutterglasses. They offer about as much compatibility as I expected; works a bit for some people, but mostly unplayable. Just relax, do other things not related to S3D, and contribute in any way possible, and you'll be at the golden horizon eventually.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

Couple things I found:

1. Have you tried out the new laser sight? When I turn it on, I lose the old accuracy from the in-game crosshair, and I can't seem to reactivate it. Do you guys have the same problem?

2. Maybe this is just a placebo effect caused by the excitement of new drivers. Anyone notice reduced ghosting on iZ3D monitors with this driver release?

Regards,
Neil
Okta

Post by Okta »

Here i was thinking i had to buy a new video card because i thought the shaders in my 8800gt were broken. Couldnt load Jericho, Assassins creed, 3dmark06 deep freeze, Crysis shadows on anything other than low and then i discover its all due to the IZ3d driver 1.08 and now 1.09 was even worse causing Oblivion not to load.

This was just from having the driver installed not activating it.

Anyone else have these problems?

System- q6600, 8800gt, xp sp2,
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

mastRmind wrote:
The_Doctor wrote: ---- I guess I discovered that Civilization 4 works in interlaced (not that it's something to be played like that becaus of all the reading), but it brings up the "You have been defeated" message after 30-40 seconds (game over) when stereo is active.
weird, I tried Civ 4 in interlaced and I didn't have that problem. (I din't play very long. I was just testing it.)
If I load up a save (any save) and turn on stereo, it comes up with the defeated message, will try a new game as well.
Borg_Rootan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Borg_Rootan »

I have Idea about frames marking and shuters. If odd frames will be signed with litle white square in the corner of picture and even frames will be signed with same square but with black color (and great will be customize their size), then anybody can make simple piece of HW with phototransistor, offset variable comparator and S3D connector for glasses controlling. What do you mean Vadim? THX
Last edited by Borg_Rootan on Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

ignatius wrote:Hey VadersApp, these are the shutter glasses I have, http://www.ray3d.com/graphics/arcade_glasses.jpg
These glasses look like the IR revelator. What i don´t understand is, are revelators working in interlaced mode? I always used pageflip mode, or is this only working with IR shutterglasses. *confused*
My Revelators never flickered in any mode i tested with 1.09.

Someone has luck with VR920?
Neil

Post by Neil »

Can someone explain the autofocus settings?

Regards,
Neil
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

Planar DOESN´T work.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

VadersApp wrote:which shutterglasses are you using?

Tested Vr920, no S3D for me, maybe thats due to vistax64.
That's due to Vista 64 bit. The VR920 needs a driver from Vuzix to work in stereo 3D (a driver for the features that use the usb cable). They made a 32 bit driver but they haven't made a 64 bit driver yet.

maart
One Eyed Hopeful

seems buggy

Post by maart »

i have some software that crashes on me with 1.09 when the 1.08 was running it fine.

and i get "no such output" error message everytime i want to start 1z3d driver, having me reinstalling the driver all the time just to enable the driver or to get to the console.

I'll better wait with further testing until the official release.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

To avoid that error, only close the iZ3D window after setting the output to iZ3D, or you will have to reinstall the driver.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
ignatius
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ignatius »

I tried out the rest of my games and here's what worked and didn't work:

Bioshock - 100% perfect.

Gears of War - 100% perfect.

Half-life 2 - 100% perfect.

Half-Life 2: Episode 1 - 100% perfect (but every time i try to select my 5.1 audio setting the game crashes...i'm guessing this is not iz3d related since the 3d works just fine!)

Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - Does NOT work. Every thing loads up perfectly, but when i enable stereo, the game begins to lagg and becomes unstable immediately. The second i disable stereo everything runs smoothly again.

Portal - 100% perfect.

Devil May Cry 4 - Works fantastic!!! Aside from some odd 'special effects' that happen from time to time in the cut scenes, the rest of the 3D is displayed beautifully.

So far I'm blown away with what iz3d has done with this driver. Most of my games work so brilliantly. The only major game I'd really like to get working is Crysis. If someone can still help me out with that, that would be greatly appreciated. I posted up my problem with Crysis in an earlier post.

If anyone needs more info on my setup or anything, let me know.

Cheers and thank you again IZ3D for these kick ass drivers, can't wait for the official one to come out.

- Varinder
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Hi Varinder,

Are you using them in the iZ3D monitor or shutter glasses perhaps? :)

-- Shahzad.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

is there the maximum separation option that i asked for?
What are the two new separation options that i have seen?
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Race07 & GTR Evolution - no anaglyph or interlaced. Nothing happens, works in anaglyph with 1.08
ignatius
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ignatius »

Hey RAGEdemon, unfortunately i don't own the iZ3D monitors I wish i did. But I'm playing all of my games in 3D on my Samsung DLP with a pair of i/o shutter glasses. I don't know the exact brand or name of my shutter glasses. They only say "DLP 3D" on my shutter glasses, but here's a pic. http://www.ray3d.com/graphics/arcade_glasses.jpg
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

The_Doctor wrote:Race07 & GTR Evolution - no anaglyph or interlaced. Nothing happens, works in anaglyph with 1.08
I noticed that on this beta some (or maybe all) gamesettings are gone. Gameprofiles probably have to be done. So: It seems like games starts off without any convergence/separation. Turn stereo on and increase separation until something happens (hopefully). Maybe values from earlier profiles-files can be copied over but i haven't tried it so far. The menues/on screen items in Tomb raider anniversary/legend are not rendered on screen depth like in previous version but this is most probably a question of profilesettings so i don't think this as a bug.

Ragedemon: I can really understand you want your shutters to work again with your projector. Hope that it's solveable in a near future.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

I don´t understand very well the time limit of 30 days of this alpha driver. Will I need to format my hd to try the next driver the next month to see if it works properly without paying?. This is the 1st iZ3D driver I´ve installed in my computer, thinking in the recently promised that it would support planar setup, and it´s what happend really:

- You must reinstall the driver always you reboot yout computer: "no such output" errors, you know. Yes, you can change types if you doesn´t close the driver window, but you must reboot sometimes in your life.
- I´ve used with Oblivion and Tomb Raider Legend, and Oblivion crashed 3 seconds afther "*" key is pressed. I have not used with more games because it has no sense here.
- Promised mirrored types doens´t work (doesn´t mirror anything). Planar up/dwn, left/right, or up/dwn+left/right does the same thing.
- Interleaved horizontal doesn´t workd with Zalman monitor. There are 2 images, but it is not stereo and all I get is a distorsion of the images hiting my eyes.
- eDimensional wireless shutter glasses doens´t work with LCD´s (I´ve not a crt here to try).
- Only anaglyph works normally here, and the stereo effect is good in Tomb Raider. So I have 30 days to test anaglyph... what illusion for me!!

I don´t say this is a nonsense driver, maybe it will be a good driver for all the people in the future, but today it has no sense for me, and I hope the next "demo" driver will begin the time count limit and do not force to buy to make the test.

Only one good thing about this experience: now I love my Zalman + Nvidia stereo driver + Windows Vista more than yesterday XDDDD. I hope those problems will be solved soon.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

b4thman wrote:I don´t understand very well the time limit of 30 days of this alpha driver. Will I need to format my hd to try the next driver the next month to see if it works properly without paying?. This is the 1st iZ3D driver I´ve installed in my computer, thinking in the recently promised that it would support planar setup, and it´s what happend really:

- You must reinstall the driver always you reboot yout computer: "no such output" errors, you know. Yes, you can change types if you doesn´t close the driver window, but you must reboot sometimes in your life.
- I´ve used with Oblivion and Tomb Raider Legend, and Oblivion crashed 3 seconds afther "*" key is pressed. I have not used with more games because it has no sense here.
- Promised mirrored types doens´t work (doesn´t mirror anything). Planar up/dwn, left/right, or up/dwn+left/right does the same thing.
- Interleaved horizontal doesn´t workd with Zalman monitor. There are 2 images, but it is not stereo and all I get is a distorsion of the images hiting my eyes.
- eDimensional wireless shutter glasses doens´t work with LCD´s (I´ve not a crt here to try).
- Only anaglyph works normally here, and the stereo effect is good in Tomb Raider. So I have 30 days to test anaglyph... what illusion for me!!

I don´t say this is a nonsense driver, maybe it will be a good driver for all the people in the future, but today it has no sense for me, and I hope the next "demo" driver will begin the time count limit and do not force to buy to make the test.

Only one good thing about this experience: now I love my Zalman + Nvidia stereo driver + Windows Vista more than yesterday XDDDD. I hope those problems will be solved soon.
This is a Beta driver, so bugs always exist. Once we are through beta, it should be more stable. But the purpose of a Beta is for the users to find bugs that we couldn't, so thank you for contributing your information :). Now we can try to fix your issues.

I am sure when the final version is released, that the counter for registration will restart. That is all controllable by us. I don't think you will have to worry about that.

Also, if you provide some information about your computer hardware, that may help.
Thanks!

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”