Vireio and DayZ

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Rire
One Eyed Hopeful

Vireio and DayZ

Post by Rire »

Hello!

I'm not very experienced with this kind of thing and have reached the limit of my knowledge, so I'm turning to all you for help.
Right, so. I'm trying to use the Oculus with DayZ, as you probably guessed from the title.
Though you probably know, DayZ is a mod of Arma II, and therefore uses Arma II OA's files. Just a heads up as to why I did some of the things I did to get it working.
I used this guide (pasted below): http://riftmod.com/how-to-setup-dayz-on ... ulus-rift/
I have verified that OpenTrack and the headtracking is working for DayZ. That's not a problem.
However, when I started DayZ with Vireio on, it crashed as soon as it got to the main menu screen. Everything appeared to be working - the display was distorted right and split, I had a nice view of the DayZ: Epoch logo, company information, BAM! Arma II: OA has stopped working.
I tried it out of DayZ - that is, Arma II OA - and had the same problem. It works, display is split and distorted right, feeding to the Oculus fine, get to see the main menu for a moment and it crashes.

Anyone have any idea what could have gone wrong or have had the same problem themselves?

Thank you!
~Rire
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Vireio and DayZ

Post by Neil »

In the documentation, there should be a BRASSA manual in PDF format.

Double check to make sure the correct game engine profile is selected. We did not QA test this game.

Do other games work, or is this problem limited to Arma 2?

Regards,
Neil
Rire
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rire »

Ah... I bet that's the problem. I completely forgot about the profiles. And it is only Arma II that is doing this, so that's probably it. I'll look into it - thanks!
MashmanDKH
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MashmanDKH »

Rire wrote:Ah... I bet that's the problem. I completely forgot about the profiles. And it is only Arma II that is doing this, so that's probably it. I'll look into it - thanks!
DayZ is one of the games I want to get working the most. I am completely new to Oculus and any pointers you could give me would be great. I have already tried the same guide and no dice. When launching DayZ with Vireio I get a C++ runtime library error at the menu screen.

Running Windows 8.1 x64

Return to “Development / General Discussion”