Having a Nightmare getting Vireio Configured

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Jademalo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Having a Nightmare getting Vireio Configured

Post by Jademalo »

I'm having an absolute nightmare trying to get all this configured while looking half decent.
I've tried following along with the SHOCT guide, but there are a few issues.

Firstly, I have no idea where the middle of my eye is. I cannot accurately discern "Forward" from "slightly right," and it makes configuring using that nigh on impossible. Even after I've attempted it, everything just looks completely wrong.
Secondly, the convergence buttons don't seem to do anything. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here, but the guage is always on 0 after lining it up with my right eye, and F4 anf F5 do absolutely nothing.

I'm using the old build to try and get Skyrim working, but it looks absolutely terrible - there is no sensation of depth and none of the options seem to do anything to improve that. On top of that, pressing P when changing the SHOCT line causes the inventory to appear, and also my character has a habit of not being able to sit still for more than half a second to do convergence.

Has anyone got any tips for configuring this?
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Having a Nightmare getting Vireio Configured

Post by Neil »

I'm driving home from a funeral today so I can help you tomorrow.

Regards,
Neil
Jademalo

Post by Jademalo »

No problem, thank you =]
Valez
Cross Eyed!

Post by Valez »

Skyrim isn't very enjoable with the old version of perception, due to the fact that both eyes are rendered alternating.
This is especially bad in close combat situation.

I would just wait for support with the new build.
Jademalo

Post by Jademalo »

Valez wrote:Skyrim isn't very enjoable with the old version of perception, due to the fact that both eyes are rendered alternating.
This is especially bad in close combat situation.

I would just wait for support with the new build.
I know that, but I'm only planning on looking around and gawping at the scenery, and it's working well enough to do that as far as I can discern.
dariusu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dariusu »

The SHOCT lines don't have to be dead on perfect, I made the lines sit in the middle of the arc that the top of the lenses make. Look out into a featureless area (sky or wall); if it is close it should be ok. Outside of Dragonsreach in Whiterun is a good place to test everything.

I do the separation next using something kind of off in the distance. I usually stand on the steps of Dragonsreach and use one of the building's steeples and set the lines to that. Using something close will not really work.

Then the convergence. I use the edge of any wall, and it does go into go into inventory if I remember when switching between the modes, but you kind of get yourself in the right position with your right eye and use the inventory menu freezing you in place to help you. It is hard to see the effect of f4 and f5 until you move a bit and line up your right eye again with the wall. Also, it only required decreasing the convergence a bit for myself, and I only had it a bit negative to get a good effect.

You should realign the separation too after changing the convergence some. It's actually somewhat easier to do the separation and convergence parts on a monitor than when wearing the Rift.

I use the beta released just before they changed the rendering method and I get a good sense of objects having depth, though it is better when closer to something like a column.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”