How do you install this?

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
DonGateley
One Eyed Hopeful

How do you install this?

Post by DonGateley »

I just got a Rift and I am just getting started in games. I downloaded the Perception zip and extracted it but need instructions on how to install it and use it. (Please go easy on this newbe.)

Thanks
DonGateley
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: How do you install this?

Post by DonGateley »

I found perception.exe in the bin directory and just executed it. That seems to be getting me somewhere. Now I start Dear Esther (which will only run in -window mode on my machine because of a "Failure to start D3D Device" error otherwise) and I do in fact see the two Oculus images but in the Dear Esther window and not the Oculus. Is there more I must do to get that to work or is the -window launch option defeating it.

Thanks again.
phort99
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by phort99 »

The Rift is configured as a second monitor so you either need to manually move the game window over to the Rift display or set your display settings to mirror the same image on the rift and desktop.
DonGateley
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DonGateley »

Thanks but I think that the game only working in a window is defeating things. As you suggest I can move the window to the Oculus set as an extension to the desktop or I can clone the primary display to it but the images don't converge in either case. I have Perception set to Oculus Rift and Oculus Track.

Setting the game, via Steam ,to start at 1280 x 800 doesn't help.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”