MTBS Interviews Syd Bolton, Personal Computer Museum

Respond to the movers and shakers by making THEM move and shake!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

MTBS Interviews Syd Bolton, Personal Computer Museum

Post by Neil »

Syd has a lot to say about S-3D and computer history! Do you agree? Disagree? Post your thoughts HERE!

Regards,
Neil
Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

I love reading up on computer and video game history. I hope 10 years from now we can look at 2-D gaming as fondly as we look at Nintendo and Super Nintendo now. Maybe by then S-3D will be the standard in video gaming (crosses fingers).

I actually did a short report on the history of video games in a speech class for colledge. Took an Atari, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Dreamcast, and Playstation 2 to class to give a presentation/speech. Of coarse at that time the PS2 had just been releases and I had Madden in showing off the graphics. It was definitely fun. The teacher let us play the rest of class after my presentation. I wish I was going thru school now. I'd be taking my PC and a 3D monitor to class and WOW em all :)

Syd's garage is like my companies computer graveyard on steroids. Kinda makes me sad. About 2 years ago we cleaned out all our old DOS VM/386 machines. We had hundreds of old pc's, monochrome monitors, old point of sale scanners and drawers, and keyboards; among other things. It was just over 2 tons worth of electronics when we weighed it out.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

same place in another 20 years

Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

Nice interview. Computers really evolved since I was a kid. I remember playing games on the commodore 64 as a kid (there were some nice games like a game of the olympics) and playing some old PC games. I remember playing Alley Cat a lot as a kid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alley_Cat_(video_game)). It used only four colors and played sounds through the speakers in the pc (no need for a soundcard). Games really evolved visually since then.

Thank you for the contest. :D
I never thought I would win. :o
I personally liked this one in reference with some visual anomalies we sometimes encounter : "See: when I set the convergence too high the rest of the car disappears".
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Congrats, Tril!

There were a lot of realy nice Ideas and I'm glad I didn't had to chose, which one is best :lol:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!

Return to “MTBS Interview User Remarks”